I take it back. BHVR DOES ban subtle cheaters
Recently I was posting all over a thread complaining that BHVR hadn't banned someone that I reported that was a subtle cheater. I went through the entire arduous process of in-game report, additional information report, and providing video evidence. Long story short, they were a subtle speed hacker that later made it pretty blatant in order to escape and get hatch. It had been over 4 weeks the other day and they hadn't been banned, so I told someone else not to bother reporting stuff. Well, I was wrong and take it back.
It took them 30 days, but BHVR DID finally ban them. The guy had well over 1,000 hours and was a small time streamer. Probably multiple DLCs and skins purchased. Enjoy starting from scratch on a new account, loser.
Everyone knows how badly they need to update their reporting system, but I will keep reporting the cheaters going forward knowing that something will eventually come from it.
Comments
There are a couple of middle of the road streamers that I watch, and I am pretty convinced they wall hack. You would never be able to prove it though.
Can they cover that up live though, or were they doing it offstream? This person wasn't live when they cheated against me
In reference to a game like Rainbow Six Siege I can confirm that people can have an overlay that is NOT displayed on their stream but they see on their screen.
You can see people reviewing the replays where people pre-aim for heads before they should have ever know to do that.
Yep you can cover it up in recordings and live stream.
One of the reasons it might take so long to ban is that they tend to do ban waves instead of quick individual bans. At least that's what I've heard anyway.
I just had someone open a date in 3 seconds, and I blinked over, they teabagged, and I just stared at the exit gates blinking light like "yeah bro u really did that gate legit man" was so funny from my pov, and their name was nerf survivors LMAOOOO
They probably get so many complaints with video evidence that it just takes a while for them to do it. They might just review them in the order they receive them. You never know their team might be a limited size too. All cheaters should be banned and it's a good thing he was, but unfortunately not all of them do.
It's not that. Individual reports with proof are usually taking 3 to 4 weeks.
But there are various tripwires (probably both on the clients and the servers) that are used to automatically "mark" cheaters. After some time, they all get banned in one fell swoop. It' s a common practice to get all these absolute losers together.
Many cheaters that have already been caught are still completely oblivious of it.
Glad to hear the guy got banned for that.
Sometimes I have seen people running fast, I am thinking sometimes if it´s sprint burst or what because they do have at times speed perks but even then the way they run, the patterns and so often... I´m confident I have played against a few of these.
One would like to think only the extreme cheaters are there but the fact someone can "soft hack" is very discouraging as killer.