This goes for both survivor and killer. I'm more comfortable using the controller and I'm having a hard time getting used to using the mouse and keyboard.
Controller works just fine. Been using a controller on DbD for over 2,000 hours (PC) and i'd say the only real struggle would be Huntress and I guess arguably Nurse. Not certain on Nurse because I haven't really bothered to try her out.
I would suggest using Steam Big Picture to have your Right Stick emulate a Mouse if you're finding the in-game controller sensitivity doesn't go high enough.
@yolistenup said:
This goes for both survivor and killer. I'm more comfortable using the controller and I'm having a hard time getting used to using the mouse and keyboard.
I'm not entirely sure, but I think the handicap of using controller is mainly that on console the max sensitivity is too low.
But besides that, a mouse is more accurate in tracking precise movement.
@MojoTheFabulous said:
Controller works just fine. Been using a controller on DbD for over 2,000 hours (PC) and i'd say the only real struggle would be Huntress and I guess arguably Nurse. Not certain on Nurse because I haven't really bothered to try her out.
I would suggest using Steam Big Picture to have your Right Stick emulate a Mouse if you're finding the in-game controller sensitivity doesn't go high enough.
@MojoTheFabulous said:
Controller works just fine. Been using a controller on DbD for over 2,000 hours (PC) and i'd say the only real struggle would be Huntress and I guess arguably Nurse. Not certain on Nurse because I haven't really bothered to try her out.
I would suggest using Steam Big Picture to have your Right Stick emulate a Mouse if you're finding the in-game controller sensitivity doesn't go high enough.
Wait, you can do THAT?
Indeed you can. I wasn't satisfied with the in-game sensitivity for controllers as I found it to be too slow so I used Big Picture to make the Right Stick emulate a Mouse and boosted the sensitivity in Big Picture until I found just the right spot for me.
In fact I did this before there was a sensitivity option because back then, with a controller, it took roughly 2.5 seconds to pull a full turn.
I use controller for Survivor but a K&M for Killer - I struggled playing killer with a controller personally.
I only started using a controller because I hurt my shoulder and it's painful for me to use the K&M for any length of time, before that I used K&M and I did find the movements much smoother with the keyboard.
killer and survivor you will have issues preforming/countering 360s with a controller, keyboard and mouse can be hard to learn to some people but its more effective
Survivor's pretty good for controller. You just gotta worry about movement, which is mostly just using your noodle and less about accuracy. Killer is a little trickier, since you'll need to aim a little more and adjust to sudden movements.
@Peanits said:
Survivors pretty good for controller. You just gotta worry about movement, which is mostly just using your noodle and less about accuracy. Killer is a little trickier, since you'll need to aim a little more and adjust to sudden movements.
@yolistenup said:
This goes for both survivor and killer. I'm more comfortable using the controller and I'm having a hard time getting used to using the mouse and keyboard.
For survivor, controller is a MUST. It makes playing survivor 100% easier to control. (Also 360s are easier)
For killer, controller is a resounding NO. It is so much more difficult to aim with controller for killer, especially when you have to whip for 360s.
@Peanits said:
Survivor's pretty good for controller. You just gotta worry about movement, which is mostly just using your noodle and less about accuracy. Killer is a little trickier, since you'll need to aim a little more and adjust to sudden movements.
use your noodle.....THIS IS WHY I MISS THE LOL BUTTON, WHEN FORUMS GETS HILARIOUS
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It all comes down to muscle memory, really.
You can be as good as Keyboard and Mouse users and vice versa, as you said, it comes down to what you're comfortable with.
Controller works just fine. Been using a controller on DbD for over 2,000 hours (PC) and i'd say the only real struggle would be Huntress and I guess arguably Nurse. Not certain on Nurse because I haven't really bothered to try her out.
I would suggest using Steam Big Picture to have your Right Stick emulate a Mouse if you're finding the in-game controller sensitivity doesn't go high enough.
I'm not entirely sure, but I think the handicap of using controller is mainly that on console the max sensitivity is too low.
But besides that, a mouse is more accurate in tracking precise movement.
Thanks for your responses!
Wait, you can do THAT?
For everything but Nurse and Huntress, no. If you play either of them it will be more difficult, but it you can still do very well with them.
Indeed you can. I wasn't satisfied with the in-game sensitivity for controllers as I found it to be too slow so I used Big Picture to make the Right Stick emulate a Mouse and boosted the sensitivity in Big Picture until I found just the right spot for me.
In fact I did this before there was a sensitivity option because back then, with a controller, it took roughly 2.5 seconds to pull a full turn.
Yes.
Sorta. At least with Killer, yes.
Survivor is surprisingly controller-friendly.
I use controller for Survivor but a K&M for Killer - I struggled playing killer with a controller personally.
I only started using a controller because I hurt my shoulder and it's painful for me to use the K&M for any length of time, before that I used K&M and I did find the movements much smoother with the keyboard.
killer and survivor you will have issues preforming/countering 360s with a controller, keyboard and mouse can be hard to learn to some people but its more effective
This
For survivor, controller is a MUST. It makes playing survivor 100% easier to control. (Also 360s are easier)
For killer, controller is a resounding NO. It is so much more difficult to aim with controller for killer, especially when you have to whip for 360s.
use your noodle.....THIS IS WHY I MISS THE LOL BUTTON, WHEN FORUMS GETS HILARIOUS
If you are playing survivor no. if you are playing killer you are handicapping yourself as with mouse you can turn faster and more accuratly.