So, how about that new basekit BT? You guys notice it?

The thing I noticed the most in my games was the speed

I was playing with a healing build and I'd unhook people and I'd try to follow them to heal them and they'd zoom off like roadrunner, leaving me in the dust with my we'll make it active. Pretty funny

Also to the people who are running BT the perk, my hat goes off to you because it is insanely strong now

Comments

  • @Tsela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3161249#Comment_3161249

    For sure. well ever since the update I ate that BT quite a few times. the unhooked survivors sprinted towards me, instead of away from me a few times every game I played so far.

    10-20s immunity are not to be wasted of they can laugh at the 🤡.

    That's your role as Killer, your fun does not matter. As a matter of fact, next time make sure to miss one swing before eating endurance for more fun, maybe step in your own trap as The Trapper.

  • @Laluzi said:

    Yeah, it's really solid. I don't feel completely doomed when I'm unhooked in endgame without my OTR, and it's enough time to get out of basement, reach a tile, or even reach someone else if it's a snowball scenario. It's powerful and I feel like I can take off BT now and still do something helpful against a facecamper.

    ...BT's absolutely insane in its current state, though. Dear god. 20 seconds of invincibility and f a s t is a bit on the nutty side.

    good, it needed to be. If killers still don't get the message BHVR will need to increase the protections for the unhooked person. Camping outside of end game collapse needs to die as a strategy...completely.

    It is hands down the least fun game experience, and why the hell would anyone willingly subject themselves to it. There are so many other diversions available.

  • I play pretty much with consideration as killer. Spread my hooks, usually give hatch, etc. As a result the BT changes don't ever really effect me. However, if a survivor puts themselves in a bad position with a bold play, I usually won't hesitate to capitalize on it. Flashlight saves, bodyblocks, sabos, hook bombs, all are valid plays for the survivors, but unless they are exceptionally good or lucky, they will likely get punished for it. If you are attempting to go after someone else, but the same survivor keeps interfering, it's not tunneling at that point.

  • @cburton311 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3160727#Comment_3160727

    good, it needed to be. If killers still don't get the message BHVR will need to increase the protections for the unhooked person. Camping outside of end game collapse needs to die as a strategy...completely.

    It is hands down the least fun game experience, and why the hell would anyone willingly subject themselves to it. There are so many other diversions available.

    I mean, I don't disagree (mostly - there are times when camping is the smartest thing the killer can do, as opposed to being lazy or mean-spirited. There's no reason for the killer to leave if they know the survivors are in the area, the survivors are very stealthy, or if there's something else nearby that also needs guarding), but running Off the Record is still by and far the best thing you can do in that regard. OTR lets them commit to tunneling you, you can loop them for a while, and still get an Endurance hit. While 20s BT is fantastic, you have to eat the hit early even if you were in a position to make distance. I run it because OTR isn't nearly as ubiquitous as it should be.

    Either way, I do think the 10s BT + haste was a helpful change against tunneling. It's way better than the 5s BT + haste, which I thought was nearly useless.

    @Xernoton said:

    I don't like the idea of making a survivor a human shield because it allows you to play even more reckless. There are a lot of instances where survivors just unhook before the killer can even leave the hook. With 10s BT they can now just bodyblock and FORCE the tunnel. Also think about which killers Surfer from this the most. It's not Nurse, Blight, Spirit or even Artist but especially M1 killers. I think it would be way healthier if the unhooked survivor got 15% haste and lost collision for 10s. This would make it pretty much impossible to tunnel and also remove the possibility of using it agressively.

    I'm not too worried about people bodyblocking with base BT because not only does 10s not leave much margin of error to reach an escape point, it's 100% predictable. You know for sure they have Endurance; just call their bluff and wait it out, unless they're perfectly silent and have OTR, in which you hit them and switch targets.

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3160727#Comment_3160727

    And don't worry, those 20 seconds still isn't enough to discourage 5 gen tunneling

    Use-at-will stacking endurance wouldn't be enough to discourage 5-gen tunneling. Dicks gonna dick. :(

  • @Adjatha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3160772#Comment_3160772

    They took the 2nd most-used survivor perk and cranked it up to 11, while ALSO putting a BETTER version in the base game for free. So you can play without BT and get more value than you used to have, or use BT and get an insane value that will give your target a 100% free escape every time.

    It's kind of a joke. It'd be like if, instead of 2.5% regression from kicking gens, killers got 30% regression after hooking a survivor automatically AND a further 30% if you use Pop Goes the Weasel.

    I ran BT AND Guardian in most of my games yesterday, and in almost all of them the killer still tunneled the first survivor out of the game. On several occasions, I put myself in a compromising position to goad chase, but the killer still searched for the recently unhooked survivor and tunneled them out of the game.

    Hell, I took multiple killers on long chases yesterday, only for them to procc my OTR endurance 60 seconds after I was unhooked and keep chasing me. I don't recall escaping in any of those games, because tunneling me was still more efficient than splitting hook states on other survivors.

  • Man, i really need to test an endgame (Borrowed Time + Guardian + No one Left Behind) unhook just to see how fast can a human run

  • One thing that creeps me out sometimes are people who say "Well if the killer still wants to tunnel, he can just do it" yeah no #########. There are a lot of people currently who really say that 10-sec base BT does nothing. It was never meant to make tunneling impossible, just to make it harder.

  • So last few games I basically tunneled down a number of people. It's a waste of time for me, I usualy don't do that because I like it far better to spread pressure, and not allowing them to heal. But these people basicaly run towards me to use the silly BT for body block, protect others instead of escaping. They actually run after the killer now, instead of AWAY. So tunneling them is perfectly fair since they are literally begging to be killed :)) So much for "anti tunneling" perk basically it teaches people to tunnel.

  • Biggest thing basekit bt did was actually increase the effectiveness of perk bt

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3160765#Comment_3160765

    Think about it like this:

    You're playing an instadown killer like myers and a survivor unhooks somebody near you. As you go to punish them for their misplay, the person they unhooked is constantly bodyblocking you with OTR. You either hit them and eat the endurance which gives the healthy survivor more than enough time to make distance

    Or you try to get past them which often doesn't work because bodyblocking killers isn't that hard.

    It's not a bad play on the survivor end to do this, but it isn't quite fair because you're trying NOT to tunnel, but they are forcing you to.

    I don't see a problem with the scenerio that you brought up. At that point the survivor has made it clear that they are willing the risk of getting tunneled to protect their team mate. Just like with any protection hit, hit them and then go after them or the other.


    I hear all the time , I shouldn't have to follow the survivor rule book, but what about the killer rule book. Apparently some killers think that it's against some unwritten rule to body block with BT after getting unhooked.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    The thing I noticed the most in my games was the speed

    I was playing with a healing build and I'd unhook people and I'd try to follow them to heal them and they'd zoom off like roadrunner, leaving me in the dust with my we'll make it active. Pretty funny

    Also to the people who are running BT the perk, my hat goes off to you because it is insanely strong now

    I notice the speed too, for sure, the BT portion of it not so much as it hardly gets used, but maybe that's a great deterent for killers at least!

  • No because I don’t tunnel 😎

  • Definitely needs a nerf. 20 seconds of invulnerability and road runner speed is insane.

1 2 ›