Found a pig bear trap loophole
If you crouch chase them your not in a chase and as such the timer don't stop but there forced to keep running from you (Found this out on a cheesy and cheap last second switcher and they went pop)
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Wow! Mind;Blown!
Is a bit mean though! :O
Your funeral!
Currently Pig is the only Killer (assuming the last survivor has a BT on their head) who can win a hatch standoff. All she has to do is stand there and either watch the survivor's timer run out or wait for the grab.
I haven't had a match like that. =/
It angers me that they're allowed to escape with the Bear Trap on their head.
How do the traps work with the exit gate, seen survivors dropped at the exit by the killer, with a trap on and they crawled out without it going off....hrmm
Lol
Although I'm not a fan of the current hatch mechanics in general, it would be nearly impossible to escape in a 1v1 situation against the Pig if you had a BT on your head without being allowed to use the hatch.
You do that, I'll just juke your 90% movement speed and go to a different box.
If you want head pops run Tampered Timer and Jigsaw's Plan (purple). 5 boxes in 2 minutes is only JUST barely possible if you optimize your path and don't get chased. Or use Amanda's Letter and Last Will, take note when they go to a box and if it's not it body block the other one.
I do that to be a complete ######### knowing they have to crawl back.
I haven't seen them escape through the gate with a Trap on their head though.
this depends on where the chase leads and when/where you lose them.
also, pig is definitely not the only one who can win hatch standoffs, myers with tombstone can easily win it, I've seen it happen.
aside from the hatch standoff derail, I'm glad to know this as I main pig and had actually never made the realization that I could just crouch after them.
(not that it matters much since I generally play friendly and my only goal is jumpscare for fun and get bloodpoints instead of kills)
Amanda is RUTHLESS! MERCILESS!
WHY?!
Not really loophole, you just break the chase by crouching or you can moonwalk after them
Yes but it breaks your optimization and puts you out of position when the timer starts again. Losing 20m of distance can be enough to make your trap go off. If they need to go to a box you are near and you chase them away, even a little bit, it could kill them. I always get at least 1 trap kill when I run these add-ons, RNG be damned.
second, I don't need a 4k to inflate my ego like some killers.
and third, because much like the original mindset of jigsaw, not amanda with her rigged traps, I like to make my survivors work for their escapes without actually killing them myself. (RBT's still give me the occasional kill and that's the fault of the survivor)
and nothing brings me as much joy as stealthing up to someone working on a gen and sitting next to them, only for them to spaz out when they notice me. that's where most of my fun comes from.
(that and the thrill of the chase.)
If only survivors would ever provide such chivalry back.
and I've had a survivor run for the exit with a RBT on his head just to see it pop for laughs.
it does happen...
Yeah it really doesn't make any sense, not to mention that they can remove it even when it isn't activated
If you manage your tier 3 well the survivor basically has to choose between getting pulled out of hatch and hooked or getting moried on hatch
I'd Love to see a rework.
Cannot take Bear Trap off unless it's activated.