Do you ever let the survivors go?
Sometimes there's an adorable bunny Feng that you just can't bring yourself to kill, or maybe that default Dwight is giving you those puppy dog eyes. Maybe you had a bit of a bonding moment with that Jake and you both spent some time nodding at each other, and now he's the last one left.
Are there ever moments where you let some or all of the survivors go?
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
If the survivors bring 2 or more flans, cakes or BPSes into the game their chances for survival in my games rise considerably.
There are other situations as well. I don't need to kill to feel like I've won.
I do let usually last one go and sometimes two if cakes. But I think I should stop that and just kill them that's killer objective.
I follow a play style where usually 1-2 survivors escape through the gates anyway, but if I kill 3 of them, I usually let the last one go. Especially if they play well or in a fun way.
Not typically. I’m filling the role of killer, and I typically don’t stray from it. I usually always go for the 4k. I won’t slug the 3rd for the 4k… if they get hatch, they get hatch. But I’ll close the hatch if I find it first and kill them if they can’t get through a gate in time.
On occasion if a survivor is juicing me pretty hard in chase WITHOUT teabagging, clicking, pointing, etc, I will let them have hatch for taking me on a good chase without being toxic about it. But that’s about it.
No, I don’t accept item offerings.
Depends. If I want BP or doing a challenge, never.
I have a soft spot for Cheryl (and soon Rebecca too).
After that, I decide off their sense of fashion. If I don’t like it, they die.
If there is a genuine dc (or at least i think there is), i play the match as usuall, but will only hook everyone twice. After that, i slug them. if i got them all on the ground (or if one is near bleeding out), i pick them up and let them all go.
But only at a genuine dc, not the dc-because-found-first crap.
Further, if you got someone who is playing decent, doing gens, going for saves, maybe tanking a hit for his teammates, and is not toxic, while his teammates are toxic or useless, i might let them go too, because they deserve to escape mmr hell.
I do let survivors go every so often; usually for a variety of reasons: Snoot boops, we spent the match memeing and had fun, I thought they played well, I identified they were very new the game and I would dial it back a bit, or its one of those matches I spend re/learning killers and, while I am trying to get kills, I usually only get a few kills (if any) and just appreciate them letting me get my Killer Legs, so to speak lol
I usually let the last one hatch unless they were a bully squad or playing sweaty. If it's down to two survivors and one survivor is doing objectives and the other is hiding hoping to wait out for a hatch, I often will hunt down the one hiding and let the last one hatch.
Yeah that feeling bad is problem for me too. Would think after nearly 4000 kills it would not be issue anymore.
Very rarely, but it's usually a Bill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1TgoRFC9ZMFar too often... New players, players who get screwed over by their team mates, team mates of disconnectors or hook suiciders, people who drop their items, people who don't seem to want to play seriously... the list goes on.
If the Entity didn't get pissy over it, it would be even more, I'm only thinking of your long term health pal. There's so many horrible killers who don't care about anything but their own enjoyment so I try to do what I can. Give them a good fair challenge and let them leave. Being between Gold IV and Iri 2 is sad times though. I wish this game encouraged killers to make the game fun for both sides instead of encouraging them to be jerks.
I did more than any other killer I encountered. Dunno if that is good or bad but I don't think it bothered anyone anyway.
Because I mostly play the game normally at the start then show mercy after.
All the time. Usually I'll let the best survivor go if they weren't toxic, or someone who is obviously new. I just now had a trial as Nurse where all 4 survivors were slugged with 4 gens left. I let them all out, I don't have ######### to prove.
Now I only let them go if a survivor martyrs themselves for true altruism in a 4k scenario.
Yes, sometimes I will be nice and let the last 1 or 2 survivors go. Or if a survivor does something adorable or funny, I'll let them go.
Almost always in the case of a disconnect, just not as fun when it's not versus 4!
I'm filled with guilt when I play killer. I usually just knock out rituals and then meme away.
I let people go all the time, probably too much. Probably to the point where I could have like 1/5th more kills if I wasn't sparing people all the time. I've played like 8 killer matches today so far and just flat out let 5 or 6 survs go so far.
And sometimes, when I can tell I am just way more experienced than the survs I am facing, I just lay way off the gas and one or two end up getting out, which I guess is the functionally the same as letting them go.
I guess I am just a benevolent guy.