Wasting pallets.

How do you feel when you see guy with windows of opportunity camp and waste most of the pallets on map during one chase?

Comments

  • @behaviourmakesmesad said:

    How do you feel when you see guy with windows of opportunity camp and waste most of the pallets on map during one chase?

    Depends on how many gens get done. If someone uses half the pallets on the map and 3 gens get done I'm fine with it

  • I mean some pallets you have to camp because of how unsafe they are I'd rather have them waste a few pallets and not give the killer a hook than go down earlier.

  • @LeFennecFox said:

    I mean some pallets you have to camp because of how unsafe they are I'd rather have them waste a few pallets and not give the killer a hook than go down earlier.

    I don't think this is as important as it used to be. New killer players are the only ones who don't try the "moonwalk" into a pallet. Some will learn after you bait them once, twice, even three times and then they'll start playing and stop dancing. There's still some players that are so terrified of pallets they'll sit there and pause every time.

  • @SgtMittens said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3149950#Comment_3149950

    I don't think this is as important as it used to be. New killer players are the only ones who don't try the "moonwalk" into a pallet. Some will learn after you bait them once, twice, even three times and then they'll start playing and stop dancing. There's still some players that are so terrified of pallets they'll sit there and pause every time.

    Unless the killer has horrendous ping you just put yourself barely in range of the pallet & watch the corner if the killer doesn't come around that corner in a second or two you can just expect them to be mindgaming other side. Pallet validation makes this rather safe

  • it rubs me the wrong way when survivors waste pallets, makes me not want to be in the match especially if its early on. Some run windows of opportunity and just W to all pallets, not looking back, not attempting to go loop in any way.

    Later when I get chased, I have nothing to work with

  • I have found that the more liberal I am with pallets the more likely I am to escape. Where as the more greedy I get with pallets the more likely I am to die. I think if everyone on your team prioritized throwing pallets over getting hit you would win a lot more games.

    Just something I thought of the other day.

  • @Biscuits said:

    I have found that the more liberal I am with pallets the more likely I am to escape. Where as the more greedy I get with pallets the more likely I am to die. I think if everyone on your team prioritized throwing pallets over getting hit you would win a lot more games.

    Just something I thought of the other day.

    ๐Ÿ‘†๏ธ It's the truth watch any competitive match they mostly boil down to how fast the killer can get their first hook and apply pressure. They understand that their teammates are always doing gens though so it's more reliable. If you're playing with a swf or trust your teammates drop as many pallets as needed and you will win. You only have 2 health states & 3 hook states, but there are a LOT of pallets.

  • @LeFennecFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3149972#Comment_3149972

    ๐Ÿ‘†๏ธ It's the truth watch any competitive match they mostly boil down to how fast the killer can get their first hook and apply pressure. They understand that their teammates are always doing gens though so it's more reliable. If you're playing with a swf or trust your teammates drop as many pallets as needed and you will win. You only have 2 health states & 3 hook states, but there are a LOT of pallets.

    Competitive matches are the sorriest displays I've watched and I'm sorry I did watch them. Taking a game like this that seriously comes across as a plea for help.

  • @LeFennecFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3149972#Comment_3149972

    ๐Ÿ‘†๏ธ It's the truth watch any competitive match they mostly boil down to how fast the killer can get their first hook and apply pressure. They understand that their teammates are always doing gens though so it's more reliable. If you're playing with a swf or trust your teammates drop as many pallets as needed and you will win. You only have 2 health states & 3 hook states, but there are a LOT of pallets.

    Depends on the map. Do that on shelter woods and don't be surprised your teammates DC. Do that on the game and nobody will notice anything

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3149991#Comment_3149991

    Depends on the map. Do that on shelter woods and don't be surprised your teammates DC. Do that on the game and nobody will notice anything

    I mean you don't have to instantly drop every pallet in the map, but just play safe and drop sooner.

  • I am happy because they are gone early. Could help greatly later.

    Except if it is on the game. When the pallets are gone so are probably the gens if the team is half decent.