How often do you see Oni?

Seems like his pick rate is increasing due to his bug fix coming up. It's like being at high mmr and getting constant nurse/blight.

Comments

  • Not super offten, but he is not rare either.

    Yea, I also think the bug made him more popular, I was seeing him way less before it was well known.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Not super offten, but he is not rare either.

    Yea, I also think the bug made him more popular, I was seeing him way less before it was well known.

    Could also be his AoT skin

  • I think most Oni players I saw didn't have one.

  • True, but it's brought a lot more interest to him.

    Not everyone is willing to fork over $20 (?) to have a skin.

  • When it first released I'd see him often. Now I see him every other match, but not with the skin.

  • @Cybil said:

    Seems like his pick rate is increasing due to his bug fix coming up. It's like being at high mmr and getting constant nurse/blight.

    I am playing oni now unstoppable because I had a ritual about him and I forgot how good he was and not I love him

    Also what bug fix is coming?

  • @_kostas_pap_207 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/342361/how-often-do-you-see-oni

    I am playing oni now unstoppable because I had a ritual about him and I forgot how good he was and not I love him

    Also what bug fix is coming?

    His blood orbs spawn rate is bugged <Drops 2x amount of bloodorbs on vaults and actions>

  • Too often in my taste.

  • Oni is top5 most faced killers for me. Which I enjoy, I think Oni is a fairly balanced Killer.

  • Have seen few but he is still very rare his bug should not be fixed if it makes him more popular.

  • I would play oni more if the optimal strategy wasn't to pre throw the entire map before taking a hit.

  • Not that often, but he's a welcome sight when he does.

  • Maybe once a day at most. He gets lost in the sea of nurses blights and spirits I face

  • Never, like Twin and Artist.

  • More often due to the bug, and often enough because I play Oni myself.

    I don't think this particular bug should be made into a feature because you'll basically have Fury for the rest of the match once you are two injuries into it, but Oni IMO absolutely should be buffed to have an innately better early game. While it is really easily possible to get early M1s in most pub matches and while it's something I actually enjoy having to do, the fact that Oni absolutely has to get a vanilla M1 to be able to access his ability at all can just be way too limiting to his potential to compete. Either give him something that makes the M1 easier to get, or make it so that passive Fury buildup can actually give you access to the ability, rather than stopping at 99.9%. The rate of passive buildup should also be increased, such that you get Fury even without a hit at latest 2-3 minutes into a match. To balance this against the fact that you would continually benefit from the passive buildup even after getting injures, the passive charge rate should scale with the amount of Orbs on the map, the more Orbs the slower the passive rate of course.

    Those changes to the passive buildup would also help avoid the awkward fact that often after getting your first hit, you don't want to down that survivor even if you get a free opportunity to do so, because that will leave you without enough Orbs to fill your Fury meter. Instead, you want to follow them around collecting Orbs. That's just a weird aspect of Oni, not least because a survivor might want to intentionally let themselves get downed in order not to give him access to Fury. So yeah, with a faster passive buildup that is also able to fully fill the meter, this situation would basically never occur anymore.

    For the alternative of making Oni M1s easier, there could be various things. Maybe a custom pallet break interaction where he will use his kanabo, with a reduced interaction time (basically give him Brutal Strength basekit). Maybe using M2 could do something even if you are not collecting Orbs, such as hide Oni's red stain for the entire duration of holding it. I don't see any issue with this, especially because holding M2 reduces Oni's movement speed. Would help with some mindgames though.

  • When you're asked how often you see a killer, it's from the survivor's perspective.