I have no idea what that picture is from, but yes. 100% yes.
It's (edited) lyrics from a boss fight theme and the picture is said boss from Metal Gear Rising: Revengence.
It's a banger of an OST, look it up. Game's great too
Also on topic:
My guess is Slinger's killrate didn't drop too much after his nerf, which is why he hasn't got any changes yet. Personally I think he's in a okay spot because the basekit buffs actually helped him out a decent bit but he's far from perfect.
The ADS nerf was kind of deserved. My dream 'slinger basekit rework would be make his ADS up speed ever so slightly faster, leaving the speed to put it down alone or again SLIGHTLY faster. Reduce his TR to 28m and rework his more useless add-ons to do completely different stuff. Bayshore's Gold Tooth, Wanted Poster, Jaw Smasher, Poison Oak Leaves, Rickety Chain, Snake Oil, Marshal's Badge, Gold Creek Whiskey and Barbed Wire all need either completely different effects, or need to be buffed. Hellshire Iron could also use a change, doesn't seem terribly useful. I do want a sniper scope add-on I've seen a few people suggest. Maybe have both a very rare and ultra rare variant.
Hello again DBD forum. Last month I made a post explaining a concept I had for a Deathslinger buff/rework. I have since more than doubled my hours in the game and would like to propose a new concept with some changes to my original one. Here is the post for anyone who is interested:
I will also be more precise with my proposed changes. I refer to changes that flat out give him an edge as a buff, something that puts him weaker in that area as a nerf, and something that is changed in both directions that it's hard to say if it counts as either because it gives AND takes as a "rework".
Rework: Decrease Terror Radius to 28m and have a non-directional/no volume change "Lullaby" where he whistles a tune (some sort of Irish folk song maybe?) 7m outside of his base TR (35m) and stops completely once you're within 12m. The 12-35m lullaby range stays the same regardless of TR size and can be heard when obvious.
Buff: While Redeemer is unloaded increase walking speed to 4.5 m/s (not active when carrying survivor and does not directly effect lunge distance/speed), decrease vaulting time by 10% and decrease Terror Radius by 4m.
Nerf: When a survivor is hit by the Redeemer projectile while within the first 6m of the 18m range activate a difficult skill check akin to the one for DS. On a success the chain is broken and stuns the Deathslinger for -0.5 seconds less than a normal chain break (2.5 seconds at base, 2.0 with chewing tobacco etc.)
Rework: Decrease ADS activate time to 0.35 seconds (0.3 if 100ths of a second aren't supported) and increase deactivate time to 0.65 (0.7 if 100ths not supported).
Nerf: If a survivor is healthy when hit with The Redeemer increase Chain pulling c/s to -17 c/s during the first 3m of chain length.
Ok. Now I will briefly explain the reasoning behind each. First change is primarily to address his old 24m to 32m nerf in a way that is more interesting and allows him to get the drop on survivors a little more often, especially with perks.
Second change has nothing to do with his nerf and is simply a buff I think would add more depth to his gameplay, while also making him better at pressuring gens/efficient map traversal. The trade off being he won't me immediately ready to shoot when he stumbles upon a survivor.
Change 3 promotes skillful shots and allows for survivors more leeway when it comes to scummy after window vault shots. I think the way this is approached makes him more fun to fight against and without completely destroying his fun rush vault punishing window shots. Adds an extra layer of depth to the chain.
Change 4 is to make him *feel* a little better to use without causing a return of quickscopes. It also punishes faking out shots to zone a tad more.
Change 5 is supposed to promote the "Hit with basic attack, THEN go for the shot" kind of playstyle most people do on him anyway. Just slightly brings down higher level 'slingers who go for the frustrating double shot. Is likely too small of a change to make a difference with mid and close range shots.
Finally I'd like to propose an addon concept I just think is cool. Not relevant to bringing him to a preferred state in the meta. Just a fun way to end it. I also won't claim this concept is unique. I actually got inspired by someone else somewhere on this forum.
Ultra Rare: Sniper scope
When a survivor is on a hook press the active ability button to attach a scope to The Redeemer (takes 1.2 seconds). ADS activate speed is increased to 0.6 seconds. Increases ADS zoom to 150% (normal ADS is 125%) and adds scope overlay w/ crosshair obscuring the edges of the screen. Shots beyond 12m increase reeling speed by 10%. (This would also be less sensitive than normal ADS because then shots would be too finicky to use otherwise.) If no survivors are on hook after it has been attached Caleb does an animation to remove it that briefly prevents ADS but speeds up if the ADS button is being held. Maybe attaching should reduce his movement speed to his ADS speed but removing should have no speed penalty.
That's it. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk! Please let me know what you think in replies! I check this forum daily and will likely respond.
They should just revert the changes Admit they were stupid for nerfing him, that they are incompetent and move on.
the nerf was needed, I am sorry but that is not a debate :/ I swear, killer mains complain about anything being made more fair and fun for the survivors.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I have no idea what that picture is from, but yes. 100% yes.
The closest thing to a buff Slinger got was finally being able to use Star Struck and it being moderately useful.
It's (edited) lyrics from a boss fight theme and the picture is said boss from Metal Gear Rising: Revengence.
It's a banger of an OST, look it up. Game's great too
Also on topic:
My guess is Slinger's killrate didn't drop too much after his nerf, which is why he hasn't got any changes yet. Personally I think he's in a okay spot because the basekit buffs actually helped him out a decent bit but he's far from perfect.
I think he could get an addon pass.
I think they could give him a truly hilarious meme addon.
A purple +2m range addon would be really nice.
They should just revert the changes Admit they were stupid for nerfing him, that they are incompetent and move on.
The ADS nerf was kind of deserved. My dream 'slinger basekit rework would be make his ADS up speed ever so slightly faster, leaving the speed to put it down alone or again SLIGHTLY faster. Reduce his TR to 28m and rework his more useless add-ons to do completely different stuff. Bayshore's Gold Tooth, Wanted Poster, Jaw Smasher, Poison Oak Leaves, Rickety Chain, Snake Oil, Marshal's Badge, Gold Creek Whiskey and Barbed Wire all need either completely different effects, or need to be buffed. Hellshire Iron could also use a change, doesn't seem terribly useful. I do want a sniper scope add-on I've seen a few people suggest. Maybe have both a very rare and ultra rare variant.
Sniper scope that also provides an increased zoom/reticle when ADS-ing. :)
the nerf was needed, I am sorry but that is not a debate :/ I swear, killer mains complain about anything being made more fair and fun for the survivors.