Genuine killer rework

As a killer main ( i play all of them ) i can genuinly say that some killers are way underpowered in comparission to other killers. There is huge inbalance between them and addons are playing big part in this as well. In my opinion for killers to feel smooth we should award them with some addons as basekit power, this is my list, let me know if you agree, maybe devs will look upon it and recieve it as a good feedback.

  1. Trapper - Make him carry all the traps at the begging of the trial. Increase the time survivors need to disarm the trap by 50%. Increase the speed to set up trap by 50%.
  2. The Wraith - Increase unclocking speed by 12%. Increase cloacking speed by 50%.
  3. THe Hillbilly - Decrease the recovry time after hitting an object with chainsaw by 28%.
  4. The Nurse - No need to change
  5. Huntress - Hatchet inflict Mangaled
  6. The Shape - Increase the rate at which evil is gained when stalking obsession by 40%. Stalking survivor for at least 1 second reveals their aura for 3 seconds
  7. The hag - Increase teleporting range by 30%
  8. The Doctor - Decrease static blast coldown by 6 seconds. Decrease detonation delay of Shock Terapy by 10%. Increase the shock terapy range by 4 meters.
  9. The Cannibal - Decrease the time required to replenish a charge by 1.5 second.
  10. The Nightmare - Decrease Dream projection coldown by 4% for each survivor in the dream world. The sound of grunts of pain are 50% louder when in dream world.
  11. The Pig - Increase available Reverse Bear trap by 1. Increase the time required to search a Jigsaw box by 30%.
  12. The Clown - Increase the duration of Invirogation by 1 second. Decrease reload time by 0.5 seconds.
  13. The Spirit - Increase Yamokas Haunting duration by 10%
  14. The Legion - Increase the time required for survivors to mend by 4 seconds.
  15. The Plague - Start the trial with 1 additional Pool Of Devotion already corrupted.
  16. The Ghost Face - A Survivor that reveals ghost face is inflicted with exhasuted.
  17. The Demogrogon - Show the generators being repared in yellow aura while traveling in upside down. Increase the undecetable status by 0.5 seconds when emerging from portal.
  18. The Oni - Increase blood fury duration by 6 seconds.
  19. The Deathslinger - Breaking free from the spear inflicts Mangled. Decrease the Reedemrs Reload time by 0.5 seconds.
  20. The Executioner - Increase duration of trails left by Rites of Judgment by 15 seconds.
  21. The Blight - No need to change
  22. The Twins - Crushing Victor when attached inflicts Hemorrhage until healed. Decrease Charlotte waking time by 0.5 seconds
  23. The Trickster - Increase blade reload speed at lockers by 25%. Increase movment speed when throwing blades by 2.5%.
  24. The Nemesis - Grants undecetable status for 15 seconds when zombie is destroyed.
  25. The Cenobite - Increase the maximum casting range of gateway by 8 meters. Increase the possesd chain maximum travel distance by 4 meters.
  26. The Artist - Survivors damaged by a Dire Crow are inflicted with Hemmorhage and Mangled status effect.
  27. The Onryo - Increase the invsibility duration while demanifested by 50%. Increase the duration of projection's bonus movement speed by 50%.
  28. The Dredge - Decrease the time to exit the locker by 1 second. Increase the nightfall charge speed by 50% while any survivor is injured.

Comments

  • I dont understand the "no need to change on nurse" when killers like Huntress, Plague, and Artist fit that more.

    Then again i see that ur only looking at buffs so i can agree if buffs are the only changes ur looking at

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    I dont understand the "no need to change on nurse" when killers like Huntress, Plague, and Artist fit that more.

    Then again i see that ur only looking at buffs so i can agree if buffs are the only changes ur looking at

    Yes i am talking only about buffs, nerfs should be seprate thread for some killer base powers ( like nurse ).

  • So taking an addon or two and making them base?

    Some of those do make sense

  • @Kosturko92 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3140635#Comment_3140635

    Yes i am talking only about buffs, nerfs should be seprate thread for some killer base powers ( like nurse ).

    But in general i agree with most of ur buffs

  • i kinda disagree with the ghostface buff, you are rewarding him for losing his power, i don't think that's how it should be in general. he already gets killer instinct on that.


    and i would honestly lower the punish you get on the Executioner when you decide to not use your M2, but tbh on him i'll take everything at this point.

  • The Nurse - No need to change

    Me when I lie.

  • Speaking as a killer main myself killers don't really need an across the board buff like this at the moment, the kill rates are already slightly in our favor. Yes there are some balance differences between some killers but that doesn't mean they almost all need to be buffed.

    1. Trapper - Trapper I actually agree could use a change that lets him carry his traps at the beginning of the trial like his purple add-on. Honestly that's a much more fun way to play him, it gets rid of a lot of his downtime going around and picking up traps from random spots on the map. The other thing that he could use would be to make his traps translucent so they are roughly equally hard to see on every map (versus the current situation which is his traps are extremely easy to spot on maps with bright ground and/or no grass like Eyrie of Crows and The Game and a lot of the outside of Ormond, etc.
    2. The Wraith - I wouldn't turn down a slight buff for Wraith but he's probably ok.
    3. The Hillbilly - Hillbilly is one of my least favorite killers to play but it's a playstyle thing, not an effectiveness thing. I think Hillbilly is actually a decent killer in the hands of someone who can get mostly reliable hits with his chainsaw. (Which isn't me since I don't play him much.)
    4. The Nurse - Nurse is my least favorite killer, I can't stand how she stares at the ground half the match. I would gladly trade allowing her to keep her head up so she can see what's going on after a Blink in exchange for making the Blinks take longer to refresh. This became especially apparent once they unveiled Wesker who, despite obviously not being as powerful as Nurse since he can't go through walls, looks WAAAAY more fun to play from my perspective in part because during his Bound recoveries he actually keeps his head up. I would gladly give Nurse another go if they tweaked her with that change. (Also I think she should have a small, unobtrusive indicator of where she's blinking similar to Plaid Flannel but not as large and bright. That would make her more new player friendly without significantly increasing how good she is for veterans.)
    5. Huntress - Huntress is already one of if not the most played killers in Dead by Daylight and also has a decent kill rate across all brackets. She doesn't need a buff. That said, I do wish she had a small aiming reticle, even a dot. DbD is the only first person action game I can think of that has ranged attackers without any cross hair. It's pretty annoying, I don't know what they decided not to have one for her and Trickster. (Deathslinger aims down his gunsight so that's not an issue with him.) And no, a reticle isn't "a crutch", it's literally a feature in every single first person shooter I can think of.
    6. The Shape - Meyers base kit could maybe stand a small buff. Personally I don't like his base kit that much either way. But his playstyle add-ons are great! His Mirrors, Infinite Evil and Tombstone are all a ton of fun to use. ๐Ÿ˜„
    7. The Hag - Hag doesn't actually need a buff, she's got a decent kill rate and people who play her regularly do fine with her.
    8. The Doctor - Doctor's kill rate seems a bit low nowadays but I'm not sure he actually needs a buff. That said, I do kind of wish they would have his hallucinations actually chase survivors rather than just stand still. Maybe once they implement the bot AI this year they can import the pathing to use for his illusionary doppelgangers?
    9. The Cannibal - Bubba doesn't need a buff. He's right around the average kill rate and can be pretty powerful for people who are solid with his chainsaw. (And I'm not even talking about face camping Bubbas, I mean if you play him relatively normally and slug for pressure he's pretty brutal assuming you are good enough to get the leg up in the chases.)
    10. The Nightmare - There is one change I'd like for Freddy, let him have both snares AND pallets as his base kit and switch between them using the same sort of system Clown uses for his two gas types (i.e. tap the ability button to swap between Snares and Fake Pallets). Then tweak the add-ons that grant Fake Pallets to augment the pallets instead. That would give Freddy more flexibility during the match by letting him drop Pallets out of chase and Snares mid-chase, I think it would make him even more fun to play overall.
    11. The Pig - Pig is underrated, she's actually got one of the top kill rates in the game since her boxes got changed a couple of months ago. (She has a 68% kill rate on the aggregate site I follow for instance.) I like playing Pig so I wouldn't complain if they sped up her Crouch movement rate a bit, but honestly I don't think she needs it.
    12. The Clown - Clown is decent, I literally just played him tonight and got a 4k, but I wouldn't turn down him getting a very slight buff, maybe to speed up his bottle refresh? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ Honestly if he needs anything it would just be a small numerical tweak, not a more significant change.
    13. The Spirit - Spirit is fine, especially now that they toned down Iron Will, she doesn't need a buff. (She probably has a bit of trouble against Off the Record folks but otherwise she's in a good place.)
    14. The Legion - Legion doesn't really need a buff. Most of the complaints about Legion in fact aren't about them being weak, its about them making games take too long to finish. But their kill rate is actually pretty decent.
    15. The Plague - Plague is a tricky one, she can really snowball extremely fast if she gets going. On the other hand the Thanatophobia nerf is probably hurting her currently so who knows? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ
    16. The Ghost Face - If Ghost Face needs something it would mainly be adjusting how easy it is for survivors to break him out of stealth. I think if it was harder to break him out from behind obstacles and around corners he'd get a bit more respect on the forums.
    17. The Demogrogon - Demogorgon is fine as is.
    18. The Oni - Oni is tricky because he's weak in the beginning but if he gets charged up he's a beast. Personally I wish his Demonic lunge was just a touch less clunky sometimes but that's about it.
    19. The Deathslinger - Deathslinger isn't bad. The only thing I wish they'd change on him is to make him turn at normal speed while aiming. He's the only ranged killer that can't turn at normal rate while aiming his weapon and it feels like he's steering through mud when he's got his rifle up. It's not even a balance thing, I just don't like how that feels compared to every other ranged attacker.
    20. The Executioner - Executioner is fine, he's actually got pretty solid anti-loop and his Cages are a bit underrated. (Using Cages shaves off about 10 seconds or so on average from having to carry someone to a hook on top of being immune to any save attempts. It's actually my favorite part of his kit!)
    21. The Blight - Yeah, Blight probably doesn't really need a change, other than possibly one of his add-ons is supposedly overpowered.
    22. The Twins - The only issue I have with Twins is Victor's lunge is kind of clunky sometimes, and also the time delay between switching characters feels just slightly too long. If they smoothed out those two minor things I think I'd be more excited to play them.
    23. The Trickster - Same comment as Huntress about I wish he had an aiming reticle.
    24. The Nemesis - Nemesis is ok although his zombie pathing could use a bit of work.
    25. The Cenobite - Pinhead is actually ok, he's not strong in 1v1 chases but his passive Chain Hunt makes up for it.
    26. The Artist - Artist isn't too bad, she has long range tracking built into her kit plus is great at zoning survivors away from strong vaults. I don't really get into playing her personally since I prefer the melee characters but I don't think she's weak.
    27. The Onryo - Sadako is a ton of fun to play, but I wouldn't mind if they got rid of her Lullaby while she's Undetectable. She's the only stealth killer that has a Lullaby like that, I don't know why they put that in.
    28. The Dredge - Dredge is my favorite character currently. I don't think he particularly needs a buff, he's pretty solid as is between his awesome mobility and his lengthy periods of Undetectability with limited survivor vision. He's maybe the only killer I've had a survivor tell me after the game they literally screamed from being jump scared. ๐Ÿ˜„


  • @dugman said:

    Speaking as a killer main myself killers don't really need an across the board buff like this at the moment, the kill rates are already slightly in our favor. Yes there are some balance differences between some killers but that doesn't mean they almost all need to be buffed.

    1. Trapper - Trapper I actually agree could use a change that lets him carry his traps at the beginning of the trial like his purple add-on. Honestly that's a much more fun way to play him, it gets rid of a lot of his downtime going around and picking up traps from random spots on the map. The other thing that he could use would be to make his traps translucent so they are roughly equally hard to see on every map (versus the current situation which is his traps are extremely easy to spot on maps with bright ground and/or no grass like Eyrie of Crows and The Game and a lot of the outside of Ormond, etc.
    2. The Wraith - I wouldn't turn down a slight buff for Wraith but he's probably ok.
    3. The Hillbilly - Hillbilly is one of my least favorite killers to play but it's a playstyle thing, not an effectiveness thing. I think Hillbilly is actually a decent killer in the hands of someone who can get mostly reliable hits with his chainsaw. (Which isn't me since I don't play him much.)
    4. The Nurse - Nurse is my least favorite killer, I can't stand how she stares at the ground half the match. I would gladly trade allowing her to keep her head up so she can see what's going on after a Blink in exchange for making the Blinks take longer to refresh. This became especially apparent once they unveiled Wesker who, despite obviously not being as powerful as Nurse since he can't go through walls, looks WAAAAY more fun to play from my perspective in part because during his Bound recoveries he actually keeps his head up. I would gladly give Nurse another go if they tweaked her with that change. (Also I think she should have a small, unobtrusive indicator of where she's blinking similar to Plaid Flannel but not as large and bright. That would make her more new player friendly without significantly increasing how good she is for veterans.)
    5. Huntress - Huntress is already one of if not the most played killers in Dead by Daylight and also has a decent kill rate across all brackets. She doesn't need a buff. That said, I do wish she had a small aiming reticle, even a dot. DbD is the only first person action game I can think of that has ranged attackers without any cross hair. It's pretty annoying, I don't know what they decided not to have one for her and Trickster. (Deathslinger aims down his gunsight so that's not an issue with him.) And no, a reticle isn't "a crutch", it's literally a feature in every single first person shooter I can think of.
    6. The Shape - Meyers base kit could maybe stand a small buff. Personally I don't like his base kit that much either way. But his playstyle add-ons are great! His Mirrors, Infinite Evil and Tombstone are all a ton of fun to use. ๐Ÿ˜„
    7. The Hag - Hag doesn't actually need a buff, she's got a decent kill rate and people who play her regularly do fine with her.
    8. The Doctor - Doctor's kill rate seems a bit low nowadays but I'm not sure he actually needs a buff. That said, I do kind of wish they would have his hallucinations actually chase survivors rather than just stand still. Maybe once they implement the bot AI this year they can import the pathing to use for his illusionary doppelgangers?
    9. The Cannibal - Bubba doesn't need a buff. He's right around the average kill rate and can be pretty powerful for people who are solid with his chainsaw. (And I'm not even talking about face camping Bubbas, I mean if you play him relatively normally and slug for pressure he's pretty brutal assuming you are good enough to get the leg up in the chases.)
    10. The Nightmare - There is one change I'd like for Freddy, let him have both snares AND pallets as his base kit and switch between them using the same sort of system Clown uses for his two gas types (i.e. tap the ability button to swap between Snares and Fake Pallets). Then tweak the add-ons that grant Fake Pallets to augment the pallets instead. That would give Freddy more flexibility during the match by letting him drop Pallets out of chase and Snares mid-chase, I think it would make him even more fun to play overall.
    11. The Pig - Pig is underrated, she's actually got one of the top kill rates in the game since her boxes got changed a couple of months ago. (She has a 68% kill rate on the aggregate site I follow for instance.) I like playing Pig so I wouldn't complain if they sped up her Crouch movement rate a bit, but honestly I don't think she needs it.
    12. The Clown - Clown is decent, I literally just played him tonight and got a 4k, but I wouldn't turn down him getting a very slight buff, maybe to speed up his bottle refresh? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ Honestly if he needs anything it would just be a small numerical tweak, not a more significant change.
    13. The Spirit - Spirit is fine, especially now that they toned down Iron Will, she doesn't need a buff. (She probably has a bit of trouble against Off the Record folks but otherwise she's in a good place.)
    14. The Legion - Legion doesn't really need a buff. Most of the complaints about Legion in fact aren't about them being weak, its about them making games take too long to finish. But their kill rate is actually pretty decent.
    15. The Plague - Plague is a tricky one, she can really snowball extremely fast if she gets going. On the other hand the Thanatophobia nerf is probably hurting her currently so who knows? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ
    16. The Ghost Face - If Ghost Face needs something it would mainly be adjusting how easy it is for survivors to break him out of stealth. I think if it was harder to break him out from behind obstacles and around corners he'd get a bit more respect on the forums.
    17. The Demogrogon - Demogorgon is fine as is.
    18. The Oni - Oni is tricky because he's weak in the beginning but if he gets charged up he's a beast. Personally I wish his Demonic lunge was just a touch less clunky sometimes but that's about it.
    19. The Deathslinger - Deathslinger isn't bad. The only thing I wish they'd change on him is to make him turn at normal speed while aiming. He's the only ranged killer that can't turn at normal rate while aiming his weapon and it feels like he's steering through mud when he's got his rifle up. It's not even a balance thing, I just don't like how that feels compared to every other ranged attacker.
    20. The Executioner - Executioner is fine, he's actually got pretty solid anti-loop and his Cages are a bit underrated. (Using Cages shaves off about 10 seconds or so on average from having to carry someone to a hook on top of being immune to any save attempts. It's actually my favorite part of his kit!)
    21. The Blight - Yeah, Blight probably doesn't really need a change, other than possibly one of his add-ons is supposedly overpowered.
    22. The Twins - The only issue I have with Twins is Victor's lunge is kind of clunky sometimes, and also the time delay between switching characters feels just slightly too long. If they smoothed out those two minor things I think I'd be more excited to play them.
    23. The Trickster - Same comment as Huntress about I wish he had an aiming reticle.
    24. The Nemesis - Nemesis is ok although his zombie pathing could use a bit of work.
    25. The Cenobite - Pinhead is actually ok, he's not strong in 1v1 chases but his passive Chain Hunt makes up for it.
    26. The Artist - Artist isn't too bad, she has long range tracking built into her kit plus is great at zoning survivors away from strong vaults. I don't really get into playing her personally since I prefer the melee characters but I don't think she's weak.
    27. The Onryo - Sadako is a ton of fun to play, but I wouldn't mind if they got rid of her Lullaby while she's Undetectable. She's the only stealth killer that has a Lullaby like that, I don't know why they put that in.
    28. The Dredge - Dredge is my favorite character currently. I don't think he particularly needs a buff, he's pretty solid as is between his awesome mobility and his lengthy periods of Undetectability with limited survivor vision. He's maybe the only killer I've had a survivor tell me after the game they literally screamed from being jump scared. ๐Ÿ˜„

    I like your version of Nightmare change, that would probably be very fun to play and also boost him a little bit up in tier rankings when it comes to killers.

  • The Nurse - No need to change

    The Blight - No need to change

    I can't even take this list seriously, especially when your avatar is the Nurse.

    Nurse at minimum needs:

    • Make any attack where she uses 2 or more blinks count as a special attack.
    • Make it so if she blinks through a falling pallet she gets intercepted and pallet stunned.
    • Make it so that if she gets hit with a pallet during her fatigue the fatigue is interrupted, the rest of her fatigue negated and she gets pallet stunned.

    Blight at minimum needs an addon pass. Compound 33, Alchemy Ring and Adrenaline Vial should all get looked at. If hug exploit can be fixed it should be.

  • @ByeByeQ said:

    The Nurse - No need to change

    The Blight - No need to change

    I can't even take this list seriously, especially when your avatar is the Nurse.

    Nurse at minimum needs:

    • Make any attack where she uses 2 or more blinks count as a special attack.
    • Make it so if she blinks through a falling pallet she gets intercepted and pallet stunned.
    • Make it so that if she gets hit with a pallet during her fatigue the fatigue is interrupted, the rest of her fatigue negated and she gets pallet stunned.

    Blight at minimum needs an addon pass. Compound 33, Alchemy Ring and Adrenaline Vial should all get looked at. If hug exploit can be fixed it should be.

    The thread is about buffs, not nerfs, that's why "no change" as they dont need buffs.

  • @Kosturko92 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3140769#Comment_3140769

    The thread is about buffs, not nerfs, that's why "no change" as they dont need buffs.

    You did not make that clear in the title or in the OP.

  • Demogorgon doesn't need Eleven's Soda and Violet Waxcap base-kit