Why zombies block even after hit?
This so stupid and another hidden mechanic
This so stupid and another hidden mechanic
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yeah... I didn't know this and they got me in a hallway in RPD. Literally rounded the corner and got hit for infection and I tried to get around them (needed to unhook someone) and then it downed me.
I swear you could go through them after they hit you like how the killer loses collision after a hit, but I guess not?
It doesn’t make sense, when every other loss of health state from any other killer in the game causes you to lose collision. Survivors probably should have an animation where they fight the zombie back and kill it after taking damage or being infected, to prevent lose-lose situations between Nemesis and the zombies. Seeing as zombies have infinite respawns too.
Zombies are already really bad, let them do something that isn't just situational information gathering
They need to be improved. I suggest instead of zombie people they replace them with zombie Demopuppies.
No way. They should be replaced with Lickers and can be changed to Hunters with an iridescent add on
Just because they are in some situations bad doesnt mean they need a broken mechanic. Ask for a rework instead.
Them blocking isn't a broken mechanic
If you are in a situation where you cant get out at all? I think thats broken. Every situation should have counter play for both sides.
Yeah but notice that zombies doesnt have same config as the killer is like a moving rock that do damage to you so when u are stucked and zombie hits you the game understand you are trying to pass thro objects so it says Nope
Yeah lickers that make you stay still and make u one heal state if u break free
How did you even get in that situation in the first place? Zombies are dumb enough to get stuck on oxygen
Getting contaminated from a zombie doesn't remove collision, but if you get injured by the zombie you will lose collision.
If they had that animation would they then not get a speedboost? because how can you fight off a zombie while sprinting away.
You don't lose collision with a zombie if you get infected. so worst case scenario run into nemesis, but it's kind of your fault if you corner yourself with a zombie in the first place
It's a nemesis insta down.
Or a Billy/Bubba corner situation, and I'd say these have to go too if so.
Plague is the one exception
For the most part Zombies seem to only be a real problem on indoor maps but now with them widening RPD I really don't see an issue with them. For the most part the Zombies I see run into corners/trees/rocks. Maybe occasionally they'll find a 3 gen and guard that but they'll leave like 10 seconds into their patrol for something else that caught their eye. I find it a cool addition that the zombies have collision because this could setup for plays for the Nemesis player if the zombie happens to be in that area.
So the free gen pressure and anti-loop they provide isnt enough? Sad.
Zombies do nothing in 8/10 games. They are mildly annoying to survivors in most of the rest, and do some amazing ######### in 0.002% of the games.
I personally think they are fun. They aren’t meant to be powerful. It is just kinda annoying that Nemmy’s add-on are mostly related to them.