Basically, people were abusing it, so it got removed.
"Abusing"? I'm sorry, can you elaborate? How can you abuse a button you can only click once per post? I'm new to forums so I'm not really aware of what happens on here.
Basically, people were abusing it, so it got removed.
"Abusing"? I'm sorry, can you elaborate? How can you abuse a button you can only click once per post? I'm new to forums so I'm not really aware of what happens on here.
They say its because people made bots to spam posts, but you could still do that with vote up and awesome, so I assume it was because people used it patronizingly. Which is stupid. Now I cant laugh at jokes without wasting a post on:
@Unicorn said:
"Abusing"? I'm sorry, can you elaborate? How can you abuse a button you can only click once per post? I'm new to forums so I'm not really aware of what happens on here.
One or more people were using bots to spam certain people's comments with "LOL" ratings. We're talking hundreds, sometimes thousands over the course of a few hours. Others were just spamming "LOL" on every comment they could find from people they didn't like.
Basically, people were abusing it, so it got removed.
"Abusing"? I'm sorry, can you elaborate? How can you abuse a button you can only click once per post? I'm new to forums so I'm not really aware of what happens on here.
They say its because people made bots to spam posts, but you could still do that with vote up and awesome, so I assume it was because people used it patronizingly. Which is stupid. Now I cant laugh at jokes without wasting a post on:
"quote:_____" Lol
Right. Like I legitimately used the LOL button for funny posts or jokes not to spam.
They had 12 people out of 35k registered forum users create multiple accounts to "lol" people. So because of those 12 people (.034%) of the forum registered player base, everyone gets punished.
@Blueberry said:
They had 12 people out of 35k registered forum users create multiple accounts to "lol" people. So because of those 12 people (.034%) of the forum registered player base, everyone gets punished.
This is false, by the way. @Peanits explained that it was a recurring issue and gave the example of those twelve, but this person refuses to accept any view except his own, even if it comes from those who have access to information he doesn't.
@Orion "but the thing I'm talking about were about a dozen or so accounts all created from the same IP around the same time that would follow certain people around and mass LOL their posts" quoted from Peanits. I'm sorry that you refuse to understand data and facts.
@Blueberry said: @Orion "but the thing I'm talking about were about a dozen or so accounts all created from the same IP around the same time that would follow certain people around and mass LOL their posts" quoted from Peanits. I'm sorry that you refuse to understand data and facts.
I have also clarified since that this was just one instance, and there have been other instances where the exact same thing happened.
Basically, people were abusing it, so it got removed.
"Abusing"? I'm sorry, can you elaborate? How can you abuse a button you can only click once per post? I'm new to forums so I'm not really aware of what happens on here.
They say its because people made bots to spam posts, but you could still do that with vote up and awesome, so I assume it was because people used it patronizingly. Which is stupid. Now I cant laugh at jokes without wasting a post on:
"quote:_____" Lol
Right. Like I legitimately used the LOL button for funny posts or jokes not to spam.
Ok, so you were one of the people abusing the button. Sorry you cant troll now?
@Blueberry said: @Orion "but the thing I'm talking about were about a dozen or so accounts all created from the same IP around the same time that would follow certain people around and mass LOL their posts" quoted from Peanits. I'm sorry that you refuse to understand data and facts.
I have also clarified since that this was just one instance, and there have been other instances where the exact same thing happened.
So what type of rough number would we be looking at then?
People, you know how one is incentivized to make comment when one disagree because there isn't a disagree button? Same deal here, if you find something funny, make a comment about it and maybe add why it is. I know its easier to just click a button, but that doesn't tell anything about why you find it funny or if you find it funny in a good, bad way or you're just using it to patronize people. So if you'd rather there was a button so you didn't have to post, well... quit being lazy and make a comment about it.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Basically, people were abusing it, so it got removed.
"quote:_____"
Lol
One or more people were using bots to spam certain people's comments with "LOL" ratings. We're talking hundreds, sometimes thousands over the course of a few hours. Others were just spamming "LOL" on every comment they could find from people they didn't like.
I have just been threatened with 2 LOLs today.
People were misusing it and mods decided to remove it. It was a good call.
"😁[ 1 ] LOL"
Get in line...

They had 12 people out of 35k registered forum users create multiple accounts to "lol" people. So because of those 12 people (.034%) of the forum registered player base, everyone gets punished.
This is false, by the way. @Peanits explained that it was a recurring issue and gave the example of those twelve, but this person refuses to accept any view except his own, even if it comes from those who have access to information he doesn't.
@Orion "but the thing I'm talking about were about a dozen or so accounts all created from the same IP around the same time that would follow certain people around and mass LOL their posts" quoted from Peanits. I'm sorry that you refuse to understand data and facts.
I have also clarified since that this was just one instance, and there have been other instances where the exact same thing happened.
So what type of rough number would we be looking at then?
People, you know how one is incentivized to make comment when one disagree because there isn't a disagree button? Same deal here, if you find something funny, make a comment about it and maybe add why it is. I know its easier to just click a button, but that doesn't tell anything about why you find it funny or if you find it funny in a good, bad way or you're just using it to patronize people. So if you'd rather there was a button so you didn't have to post, well... quit being lazy and make a comment about it.
Oh no! Someone might click a button below your post!