Give Us 2 Mid-Chapters In A Row

I honestly think that if BHVR set to work on an ambitious new patch,which they split into a two-parter and had all of their time allocated to this double-sized mid-chapter wonder they could really,really make the health of this game SIGNIFICANTLY improve if they focused on perfomance,stability and gameplay issues for longer periods of time.


If they made this something they did,annually,I think the game's health would be far,far better and BHVR would get a lot less flack about how many changes they make. Would you agree?

Comments

  • Last midchapter showed they can make big changes.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Last midchapter showed they can make big changes.

    I imagine if they give the technical side of things more time to work on the spaghetti code they converted from UE4 Blueprints the game might not run like Crysis on release.

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130262#Comment_3130262

    I imagine if they give the technical side of things more time to work on the spaghetti code they converted from UE4 Blueprints the game might not run like Crysis on release.

    i think most of the issues of the game are with latency. Game usually runs pretty smoothly for me unless a guy is playing with 200 ms or something.

    Though i do have a nice laptop so i dunno.

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130269#Comment_3130269

    i think most of the issues of the game are with latency. Game usually runs pretty smoothly for me unless a guy is playing with 200 ms or something.

    Though i do have a nice laptop so i dunno.

    I dunno. I have a 3080 + Ryzen 5900X. Top of the line,along with an SSD and plenty of RAM. The fact that DBD pushes up against my system limits and has lots of stutters is really,really bad.


    The fact that implementing a perk like mercilless storm break BNPs suggests quite clearly,along with the recent Calm Spirit Pig bug that the whole game's codebase is a mess you wouldnt wish upon your worst enemy. They clearly need to devote time to fix the mountains of technical debt they've acquired through going for more and more releases.

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130305#Comment_3130305

    I dunno. I have a 3080 + Ryzen 5900X. Top of the line,along with an SSD and plenty of RAM. The fact that DBD pushes up against my system limits and has lots of stutters is really,really bad.

    The fact that implementing a perk like mercilless storm break BNPs suggests quite clearly,along with the recent Calm Spirit Pig bug that the whole game's codebase is a mess you wouldnt wish upon your worst enemy. They clearly need to devote time to fix the mountains of technical debt they've acquired through going for more and more releases.

    Oh i have a 3080 as well. No stutters whatsoever. Game was kinda hard when playing more mobile killers like blight and nurse when i was playing on my 1660 tho.

    Ngl, playing nurse is like 5 times easier on 3080 so yeah i gotta agree that game is pretty hardware reliant.

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130331#Comment_3130331

    Oh i have a 3080 as well. No stutters whatsoever. Game was kinda hard when playing more mobile killers like blight and nurse when i was playing on my 1660 tho.

    Ngl, playing nurse is like 5 times easier on 3080 so yeah i gotta agree that game is pretty hardware reliant.

    When I cap my FPS back to 60,I feel immense stutters of the FPS dropping to 30s every 3-4 seconds. This still happens,just on 120 FPS it's not as bad. The 99% FPS (basically a metric to account for lows of the FPS which matter the most to the game feeling smooth) in DBD is always less than half of average FPS which is BAD.

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130339#Comment_3130339

    When I cap my FPS back to 60,I feel immense stutters of the FPS dropping to 30s every 3-4 seconds. This still happens,just on 120 FPS it's not as bad. The 99% FPS (basically a metric to account for lows of the FPS which matter the most to the game feeling smooth) in DBD is always less than half of average FPS which is BAD.

    What graphics and settings do you use because that could affect performance greatly.

  • @Objectively_speaking said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130368#Comment_3130368

    What graphics and settings do you use because that could affect performance greatly.

    This is still a thing even at low and in a 1080 window. It's an issue inherent to this game. I even looked at how much better it runs in 720P and it still has FPS dips that are unacceptable.

  • I'd also like BHVR to know that if they cut down new Chapters to 3 a year and increased the price accordingly, and in return we got more patches dedicated to performance and stability, I would still purchase them.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I'd also like BHVR to know that if they cut down new Chapters to 3 a year and increased the price accordingly, and in return we got more patches dedicated to performance and stability, I would still purchase them.

    this! HUGE AGREE. I'll happily pay for more gamehealth!

  • sitting here and hoping they do this for next year. turn this into a public thing! say "hey,we want to really focus on the game's health,please support us through this"


    I'm sure the community will respond with huge positivity