I made my teammates mad because I removed a exploit

I don't know if it's an exploit but here it goes

Barham preschool Dwight and Jake are the upset teammates the forcefully went to Badham for one purpose to be a bully squad putting on Boon: Exponential in the basement of the school with no basement there both brought in offerings to make this possible they set up the Boon and I realized this I get that "I shouldn't be a jerk to my team" but if it's a bully squad there are exceptions. So what do I do point out to the spirit the Boon totem they snuff it out and I cleanse the totem the Jake and Dwight do it again in the house with the totem in the basement same thing in the end I was left to die on hook but I was fine with it I would rather have both parties have some kind of fun then have the killer ripping out their hair because people use exploits(don't know if this counts as one).

I'm ready to be called insults because I ruined a game because I wanted it to be a fair match still I wanted the killer to have some kind of fun and didn't have to deal with two people who just stay in basement all game bully squads are not fun not as killer or survivor.

Comments

  • Working with the killer is a bannable offense so I’d be careful there, but I do understand the reasoning there. Also, thank you for helping out a Spirit c:

  • @GannTM said:

    Working with the killer is a bannable offense so I’d be careful there, but I do understand the reasoning there. Also, thank you for helping out a Spirit c:

    I didn't know it's bannable still I never pointed the team out try to kill them I was just removing the totem even then they constantly pointed me out to the spirit and teabagged me at hook.

  • @jamally093 said:

    I don't know if it's an exploit but here it goes

    Barham preschool Dwight and Jake are the upset teammates the forcefully went to Badham for one purpose to be a bully squad putting on Boon: Exponential in the basement of the school with no basement there both brought in offerings to make this possible they set up the Boon and I realized this I get that "I shouldn't be a jerk to my team" but if it's a bully squad there are exceptions. So what do I do point out to the spirit the Boon totem they snuff it out and I cleanse the totem the Jake and Dwight do it again in the house with the totem in the basement same thing in the end I was left to die on hook but I was fine with it I would rather have both parties have some kind of fun then have the killer ripping out their hair because people use exploits(don't know if this counts as one).

    Sorry, but...what?

    What do you mean 'in the basement of the school with no basement.'?

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/340791/i-made-my-teammates-mad-because-i-removed-a-exploit

    Sorry, but...what?

    What do you mean 'in the basement of the school with no basement.'?

    The basement as in the lower floor it's weird to say but the boiler room? Or just the basement of the school? I don't know how to word it.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/340791/i-made-my-teammates-mad-because-i-removed-a-exploit

    Sorry, but...what?

    What do you mean 'in the basement of the school with no basement.'?

    They mean the actual basement wasn’t underneath the Badham preschool. It was in shack instead.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/340791/i-made-my-teammates-mad-because-i-removed-a-exploit

    Sorry, but...what?

    What do you mean 'in the basement of the school with no basement.'?

    One of the Badham preschool maps the main building or the school has a downstairs floor where the basement entrance can appear.

    Prob the strongest killer basement in the game.

  • @jamally093 said:

    I don't know if it's an exploit but here it goes

    Barham preschool Dwight and Jake are the upset teammates the forcefully went to Badham for one purpose to be a bully squad putting on Boon: Exponential in the basement of the school with no basement there both brought in offerings to make this possible they set up the Boon and I realized this I get that "I shouldn't be a jerk to my team" but if it's a bully squad there are exceptions. So what do I do point out to the spirit the Boon totem they snuff it out and I cleanse the totem the Jake and Dwight do it again in the house with the totem in the basement same thing in the end I was left to die on hook but I was fine with it I would rather have both parties have some kind of fun then have the killer ripping out their hair because people use exploits(don't know if this counts as one).

    theyre just having fun. I wouldn’t call them a “bully squad”. That trick is easily avoidable with many options. 1) ignore them and go after the other 2 survivors. 2) snuff out the boon and let them waste their unbreakable and kill them again while boon isn’t up anymore. 3) snuff out boon and bring them to a hook (its hard but it definitely can be done especially if the breakable walls are destroyed). 4) those 2 people aren’t doing gens.

    i think you’re trying to be a hero but instead you’re actually confusing “bully squad” with “a fun perk build”. Sometimes you just need fun in dbd. And doing that trick isn’t anywhere near a bully squad or the worst thing they could do. Most people would rather verse that than verse 3 flashlights and 1 sabo toolbox, with head on, DS, 4 petrified oaks, COH, etc, etc. those are way harder to verse than a simple, easy to avoid, trick.

    all you did was just ruin some fun, I don’t blame them for being annoyed

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    What was the exploit?

    I don't know if it's an exploit since I don't know what counts as it but it's Exponential in the school basement on Badham with no basement in the school.

  • @D2night said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/340791/i-made-my-teammates-mad-because-i-removed-a-exploit

    theyre just having fun. I wouldn’t call them a “bully squad”. That trick is easily avoidable with many options. 1) ignore them and go after the other 2 survivors. 2) snuff out the boon and let them waste their unbreakable and kill them again while boon isn’t up anymore. 3) snuff out boon and bring them to a hook (its hard but it definitely can be done especially if the breakable walls are destroyed). 4) those 2 people aren’t doing gens.

    i think you’re trying to be a hero but instead you’re actually confusing “bully squad” with “a fun perk build”. Sometimes you just need fun in dbd. And doing that trick isn’t anywhere near a bully squad or the worst thing they could do. Most people would rather verse that than verse 3 flashlights and 1 sabo toolbox, with head on, DS, 4 petrified oaks, COH, etc, etc. those are way harder to verse than a simple, easy to avoid, trick.

    all you did was just ruin some fun, I don’t blame them for being annoyed

    Nah.

    Last time I had a team do this they spammed me with horrible messages and threats for hours afterwards.


    They are there to get a reaction and upset you.

  • @D2night said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/340791/i-made-my-teammates-mad-because-i-removed-a-exploit

    theyre just having fun. I wouldn’t call them a “bully squad”. That trick is easily avoidable with many options. 1) ignore them and go after the other 2 survivors. 2) snuff out the boon and let them waste their unbreakable and kill them again while boon isn’t up anymore. 3) snuff out boon and bring them to a hook (its hard but it definitely can be done especially if the breakable walls are destroyed). 4) those 2 people aren’t doing gens.

    i think you’re trying to be a hero but instead you’re actually confusing “bully squad” with “a fun perk build”. Sometimes you just need fun in dbd. And doing that trick isn’t anywhere near a bully squad or the worst thing they could do. Most people would rather verse that than verse 3 flashlights and 1 sabo toolbox, with head on, DS, 4 petrified oaks, COH, etc, etc. those are way harder to verse than a simple, easy to avoid, trick.

    all you did was just ruin some fun, I don’t blame them for being annoyed

    Yeah I know that it can be a fun perk squad and sure maybe I was being a white knight but it's also because with MMR could have been a baby killer and well don't want to ruin their experience.

  • @GannTM said:

    Working with the killer is a bannable offense so I’d be careful there, but I do understand the reasoning there. Also, thank you for helping out a Spirit c:

    Why working with killer is bannable? You mean sabotaging gameplay?

  • I'm tired of people thinking a perk and using it the best way they can is considered an exploit.

    People use all sorts of different perks and this boon is stupid easy to counter even without snuffing it

  • @youshisu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3128512#Comment_3128512

    Why working with killer is bannable? You mean sabotaging gameplay?

    Bannable because your sabotaging your teams game ruining their experience it's a temporary ban by the looks of the rules plus it was on PS4 even then most people don't report they just move on.

  • @Jeromy137 said:

    I'm tired of people thinking a perk and using it the best way they can is considered an exploit.

    People use all sorts of different perks and this boon is stupid easy to counter even without snuffing it

    As I said I don't know if it's an exploit I don't know what counts as one since it's goes to so many different things

  • @BlackRabies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3128530#Comment_3128530

    One of the Badham preschool maps the main building or the school has a downstairs floor where the basement entrance can appear.

    Prob the strongest killer basement in the game.

    Ah. Thanks.

    I'm not seeing the exploit.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3128544#Comment_3128544

    Nah.

    Last time I had a team do this they spammed me with horrible messages and threats for hours afterwards.

    They are there to get a reaction and upset you.

    Ok and I’ve done this trick multiple times as fun with a friend. Sometimes we died and sometimes we lived. Either way we were messing around a didn’t care about sending the killer a message. Just because 1 group did it to you doesn’t mean all of them do

  • @D2night said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3128554#Comment_3128554

    Ok and I’ve done this trick multiple times as fun with a friend. Sometimes we died and sometimes we lived. Either way we were messing around a didn’t care about sending the killer a message. Just because 1 group did it to you doesn’t mean all of them do

    Then again I don't think most people report they get their revenge in match by letting you die on hook.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3128544#Comment_3128544

    Nah.

    Last time I had a team do this they spammed me with horrible messages and threats for hours afterwards.

    They are there to get a reaction and upset you.

    This

  • @Jeromy137 said:

    I'm tired of people thinking a perk and using it the best way they can is considered an exploit.

    People use all sorts of different perks and this boon is stupid easy to counter even without snuffing it

    Cough cough boilover library cough swfs not doing gens to try and abuse the perk wheeze

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3128562#Comment_3128562

    Cough cough boilover library cough swfs not doing gens to try and abuse the perk wheeze

    Using a perk with the best possible outcome to survive isn't an exploit and if you are dealing with a squad doing that just slug them and let them bleed out

  • @Jeromy137 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3128579#Comment_3128579

    Using a perk with the best possible outcome to survive isn't an exploit and if you are dealing with a squad doing that just slug them and let them bleed out

    My guy we had entire swfs abuse the perk just to piss off the killer and not survive before the boilover nerf


    It was so bad that a lot of us went and slugged them out of the game


    If they really wanted to survive they would do gens instead of all gathering in spots to abuse spots of the map to try and piss off killers

  • @jamally093 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3128562#Comment_3128562

    As I said I don't know if it's an exploit I don't know what counts as one since it's goes to so many different things

    It really isn't an exploit an exploit is usually something like finding a spot that the killer can never reach or finding a way to glitch the game and able recreate said glitch 100% of the time that would be an exploit

    Example being the vault in RPD that is next to the helicopter and gate and getting out of bounds through a glitch (which is possible)

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3128589#Comment_3128589

    My guy we had entire swfs abuse the perk just to piss off the killer and not survive before the boilover nerf

    It was so bad that a lot of us went and slugged them out of the game

    If they really wanted to survive they would do gens instead of all gathering in spots to abuse spots of the map to try and piss off killers

    At the end of the day the survivors were all dead. There’s a recent post from ayrun and 3 other youtubers where the were just head on-ing the killer and just having fun. For a very long time until I believe they all died. Not 1 gen was done. Were they there to bully? Not really. They’re just having fun. I would rather deal with that the whole game and still win then dealing with it and getting 0 kills. It’s just fun. While some killers might find it extremely annoying, it’s intention was fun.

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3128589#Comment_3128589

    My guy we had entire swfs abuse the perk just to piss off the killer and not survive before the boilover nerf

    It was so bad that a lot of us went and slugged them out of the game

    If they really wanted to survive they would do gens instead of all gathering in spots to abuse spots of the map to try and piss off killers

    While that is ######### and proves that some areas need a slight rework that still isn't exploiting that is just being abusive, trolling, and toxic.


    That kind of behavior does deserve to be slugging

    Boil over is more of a perk used to distract the killer while your allies work it can be toxic but the best way to counter it if you feel like you can't get them to a hook is to just leave them down and go after other survivors


    I hate when a solo q bring boil over to try to survive and the other survivors decide to sandbag that person for bringing a perk that is meant to help survivor or stall out the killer

    Edit you can also use camera angle to your advantage when dealing with a boil over user

  • An Exploit is abusing unintentional game design for an advantage. Al though there are certain things that can be deemed fine by most because it requires set up and/or has counterplay (Hug Tech, Using the evironement to be able to get on top of pallets like the one on Father Campbells Chapel, etc)

    For example: Back in the day as a Survivor you could stand underneath a hole and if the killer were to drop down, they would keep bouncing on the Survivors head. This would make them stuck until the Survivor moved.

    In the situation you just described the 2 werent breaking any rules, you on the other hand could be reported for working with the killer, or the more specific term: Griefing.

  • @Jeromy137 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3128567#Comment_3128567

    It really isn't an exploit an exploit is usually something like finding a spot that the killer can never reach or finding a way to glitch the game and able recreate said glitch 100% of the time that would be an exploit

    Example being the vault in RPD that is next to the helicopter and gate and getting out of bounds through a glitch (which is possible)

    A exploit isn't just glitches my guy it can be used for game mechanics used in unintended ways example reload animation canceling in a fps game where you sprint to get out of a reload animation after you filled your clip as soon as possible that's a exploit with how animations work



    The whole boilover fiasco on the preschool and rpd library were most certainly exploits heck if it wasn't so bad why did behavior half hazardly add hooks at the library soon after people started abusing it

  • @D2night said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3128599#Comment_3128599

    At the end of the day the survivors were all dead. There’s a recent post from ayrun and 3 other youtubers where the were just head on-ing the killer and just having fun. For a very long time until I believe they all died. Not 1 gen was done. Were they there to bully? Not really. They’re just having fun. I would rather deal with that the whole game and still win then dealing with it and getting 0 kills. It’s just fun. While some killers might find it extremely annoying, it’s intention was fun.

    That's totally different from the boilover fiasco


    The boilover fiasco there was obviously people looking to be toxic I should know I have gotten messages from 3 different swf groups sending me messages saying that I'm no fun or that they made me angry because i didn't try to take them to the hook and just slugged them if they were there to have fun they wouldn't send messages like that

  • @Jeromy137 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3128599#Comment_3128599

    While that is ######### and proves that some areas need a slight rework that still isn't exploiting that is just being abusive, trolling, and toxic.

    That kind of behavior does deserve to be slugging

    Boil over is more of a perk used to distract the killer while your allies work it can be toxic but the best way to counter it if you feel like you can't get them to a hook is to just leave them down and go after other survivors

    I hate when a solo q bring boil over to try to survive and the other survivors decide to sandbag that person for bringing a perk that is meant to help survivor or stall out the killer

    Edit you can also use camera angle to your advantage when dealing with a boil over user

    Oh I know about the crab walk trick I also knew that there was no point in trying to hook them when the whole fiasco was happening as they would go back to the exploitable part of the map and they would wiggle free as they are far away enough from the closest hook

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3128604#Comment_3128604

    A exploit isn't just glitches my guy it can be used for game mechanics used in unintended ways example reload animation canceling in a fps game where you sprint to get out of a reload animation after you filled your clip as soon as possible that's a exploit with how animations work

    The whole boilover fiasco on the preschool and rpd library were most certainly exploits heck if it wasn't so bad why did behavior half hazardly add hooks at the library soon after people started abusing it

    Yes using animations like that can be an exploit.

    The hooks in the library have been there since rpd came out rng factor was the key for if you had a hook in the library or not

    I can understand people abusing boil over being toxic and hectic and making that game ridiculous in certain circumstances but using your perks isn't an exploit unless it is doing something they had no intentions for it to do like the scourge hook merciless storm fiasco

  • @Jeromy137 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3128567#Comment_3128567

    It really isn't an exploit an exploit is usually something like finding a spot that the killer can never reach or finding a way to glitch the game and able recreate said glitch 100% of the time that would be an exploit

    Example being the vault in RPD that is next to the helicopter and gate and getting out of bounds through a glitch (which is possible)

    Or the Flying Billy....I miss seeing them they made games so much fun lmao. Seeing a Billy on the roof of the shack or leap frog from one jungle gym to another....made Billy so fun and entertaining.

  • Getting use out of boon Exponential is not an exploit.

    Can we please stop calling everything a survivor does an exploit or toxic?

  • @Jeromy137 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3128629#Comment_3128629

    Yes using animations like that can be an exploit.

    The hooks in the library have been there since rpd came out rng factor was the key for if you had a hook in the library or not

    I can understand people abusing boil over being toxic and hectic and making that game ridiculous in certain circumstances but using your perks isn't an exploit unless it is doing something they had no intentions for it to do like the scourge hook merciless storm fiasco

    No the library never had a hook spawn up top they added it up there after the fiasco with Boil Over being abused to no end. But when they added it up there then it made a un winable camping spot