How to "better attack" survivors?
Survs keep making a fool of me.
When I'm about to attack they do something (have no idea what) and "disappear".
Feels like they turn 90º rub themselves on me and them go to my left or right to appear behind me. Seriously, I don't know how to explain this.
I've tried taking a step back and only use basic (not Rush) attacks to see what exactly they are doing and get a hit, but I'm still getting trouble.
Comments
Best trick is to try to keep your camera on them and keep holding foward as you swing (this is much easier with a higher sensitivity if youre on controller)
If you're on console, I would max out your sensitivity and get used to playing at that setting. For Blight specifically, keep in mind that his initial Rush hitbox is quite large compared to his basic attack lunge. You can wait to Rush swing until you're right on top of the survivor and you'll usually auto-lock onto them. For basic attacks, having high sensitivity helps a lot for dealing with 360s.
Yeah so what they are doing is abusing your field of view by spinning their character in a circle and rotating the camera the opposite way.
Best advice I could give is if it's a survivor you know is going to do it, to wait it out for them to finish the circle and then swing, rather than swinging right away
I find doing a bit of a crab walk helps. Don't have your camera looking right at the survivor but a bit to the left or right. It's easier to see where they go when spinning and I find the lunge doesn't get cut short nearly as often.
Other then that, just up your sensitivity and swing for the moon. It'll usually connect.
All the previous comments are right, and another way to approach this is to stand still and swing. When they're "disappearing", they're messing with your field of view by pulling a 360 or spin to make you swing. Stopping at the right moment means that you will focus on the survivor better by steadying your view.
There are a few ways of dealing with it, and it may be worth watching videos by n00b3 to watch what he's doing as survivor, to better understand what is actually being done.
About the only thing you can do is wait and hit when you are sure.
When you close to surv and he is not in tight spot (window, pallet), don't hit immediately and don't lunge. If he start to spin, just back one step and then hit (without lunge).
Damn!
I was already with 100% sensitivity, but it seems PTB config didn't get that. Thanks :)
Thanks for the tip.
I'm playing Wesker and will main him since I like him A LOT.
Honestly this makes me sad. This 360 thing is something I was aware of, but you guys explained better to me and how to avoid it. Now I just need practice.
Killer's limited FOV in 1st is something intended to balance the game, but these people doing these circles are clearly exploiting this and is something that ruins the game for me. It loses it's "magic" of being a horror experience and just becomes an ordinary app (because if a monster or serial killer is trying to kill you in real life OF COURSE running in circles in front of him will save you). They buffed the killers in the latest patch, but didn't did squat for these kind of stupid shenanigans (360, body block, etc). Instead of having fun people just wanna win, no matter what. :(
So, in short, I'll back one step and wait for them to finish this idiotic move to strike.
Thanks guys :)
EVERYTHING loses it's magic after doing it for 10th time. Every game you play over and over, every movie you watch again and again, every book you read for a 5th time. Even your girlfriend start to bore you, especially when she is wife xD It's just it. So yes, it just become fun multiplayer game after a number of matches. And nothing you could do, and it's funny to expect it would be different. Catch a moment, the first experience are the most important one, everywhere.
If they're 360ing around you, take a step back and swing. It usually works.
Nice words. :)
What I meant is when people do these stuffs I don't have fun anymore. I bought the idea of DbD being a "horror movie simulator" and when these things happen I start to see it as a random app (like Whatsapp) or a Three Stooges movie.
TL; DR: Playing a game is suppose to be fun. When people do these things I lose interest/don't have fun anymore.
It just worked on my last match.
Thanks :)