Potentional of Dedicated Servers
I thought I can mention some points what dedicated servers could add for us (if the devs want to do that obviously)
- Plattform crossplay
- Theater-/Cinema-mode (background recording of matches and the ability of rewatching it from every perspective, maybe a flying cam aswell)
- Post game chat stays active after the killer leaves (finally keeping the talk/discussion with random mates)
- SWF join automatically together into a lobby after a match instead of inviting them every time
- killer dodging the lobby doesn't close it, the lobby stays alive and just searches for another killer
- No lagswitching possible (I'm excites to see if it was really lagswitching or just my connection beeing crap sometimes aka lagspikes)
Add more if know
- Plattform crossplay
- Theater-/Cinema-mode (background recording of matches and the ability of rewatching it from every perspective, maybe a flying cam aswell)
- Post game chat stays active after the killer leaves (finally keeping the talk/discussion with random mates)
- SWF join automatically together into a lobby after a match instead of inviting them every time
- killer dodging the lobby doesn't close it, the lobby stays alive and just searches for another killer
- No lagswitching possible (I'm excites to see if it was really lagswitching or just my connection beeing crap sometimes aka lagspikes)
Add more if know
Comments
Crossplay needs Sony and Microsoft's agreement. The former already expressed their dislike of it in other games.
I hope the lag spikes when someone gets hit goes away.
Or lag spikes when Ruin gets activated.
They can potentially crash.
If u use mouse and keyboard on console u can match up with pc players, if u use controller u can decide if u want to verse console players only or pc players aswell, otherwise u play with console players. Maybe the other way around would be possible aswell for pc players using a controller
Ha haa!
Yes there is at least one example, even after numerous negatives from Sony, Fortnite has now cross console play. It had first PC-xbox compatibility, then PS4-PC. I don't like that game but I downloaded it and played with a couple of Xbox friends (I'm on a PS4) just to see how it ran, and it did just fine.