Favorite perk type?

My favourite perk types are straight up perks that give survivors a gameplay mechanic basically like any means necessary flashbang power struggle

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Well Aftercare is one of my favourite perks because you have to earn it and it's really nice to have, it feels rewarding!

    And although I don't particularly use the perks I'm about to name much because I tend to use meta perks, I also enjoy the kind of perk types you describe too - the ones that are really unique. So the perks you mentioned but also Boons, Fixated, Head On... I suppose Repressed Alliance and Blast Mine too.

    I was hooked on Boon CoH for months and months after its release, it introduced a new mechanic and that was so much fun.

  • Anything with the potential to reverse a snowball or clutch a tough situation is my favorite.

    Whether that is using Breakout and Mettle of Man to help a survivor wiggle out, or pairing For the People with Dead Hard to pick your teammate up the moment they are downed.


    Some perks just give passive buffs or abilities, but its the ones that require skilled play and the right opportunity that speak to me.

  • I like info perks on survivor, since I play more tactical and strategically since I'm bad at chase. Aftercare with Empathic Connection has been making solo queue a breeze. Visionary is also very underrated as a way to break three gens or find gens on difficult maps like Lery's or RPD.

    For killer, I prefer chasing perks and stealth perks. Spirit Fury + Enduring, I'm All Ears, Save the Best for Last. You don't really need info perks as killer since good game sense and base game mechanics can give you a very good idea of what all the survivors are up to and where they are.

    I also dislike slowdown perks in general, since I'm usually killing the survivors quickly or keeping pressure very high so they don't really help me much. I'd prefer to lose a game against survivors that I'm outclassed by than to stall it out for 5 more minutes and THEN lose. Chase perks would help me more in that situation, since I would be able to get downs in a more timely manner.

  • I like chase perks as survivor and info perks as killer.

  • Info perks on both. I like being able to form a plan

  • Aura Perks

    Favorite are OoO, Alert and Windows of opportunity and i love to abuse a killers lightborn with OoO if i can

    Bond, Aftercare are both solid while empathy can come in clutch with some niche flashlight builds

  • The ones that cuck survivors. Lightborn, Iron Grasp and Bamboozle are my absolute favorites. The survivors in my lobbies are not having fun, bro. I literally run over those troll squads.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    The ones that cuck survivors. Lightborn, Iron Grasp and Bamboozle are my absolute favorites. The survivors in my lobbies are not having fun, bro. I literally run over those troll squads.

    Between the Bubba profile pic, and your first sentence, I was really expecting to see Franklin's on your list 🤣

  • As killer, I think I most favor perks (Whispers, BBQ, Infectious Fright, etc); anything else add to the build depends on Killer, add-ons, challenges (if any), or what I'm feeling like adding to the build.

    Survivor without factoring in possible challenges/dailies, it is 50/50 on informational perks and healing perks; both self and team healing. Inner Strength and Detective's Hunch is probably my favorite duo on most Survivors.

    Honorable Mention to what I consider my fun/in-a-pinch perks (Head On, Blast Mine, Diversion, Any Means Necessary, Red Herring, and Deception), and my beloved Magpie build (Plunderers Instinct, Appraisal, and Ace in the Hole).

  • I appreciate info. I guess that's why I had put so much time into Legion, Demo, Plague and Nemesis. I've also been on the Lethal Pursuer+BBQ train since, like, ever.

    Even though Legions power wasn't good before, I didn't mind playing a completely basic killer because I have info that survivors cannot fool, even if said info usually just tells me to use my Frenzy to bodyblock the first survivor I hit.