Nerfed Perk Progression
Today I bought a new survivor for 9000 shards instead of buying one perk for 2000+4000+6000 shards.
I noticed that I was getting 3 perks per web until level 50 which gave me one web for two perks.
This is slower progression and it feels like your entire premise of faster progression was a lie.
Comments
By chance, do you have perks unlocked from prestiging other characters?
If so, you're blood webs won't have as many perks on them because there aren't that many perks you need to buy still. Hence, yes there is faster progression if you have other characters prestiged already. The amount of perks you get per web should be the same and if it's not, then this is a bug.
Every Prestige 1-3 unlocks perks on ALL other characters, which means that 20k to prestige is saving you 450k+ in just the perk nodes on your other characters. If you're only grinding for perks and thus factoring in the entire bloodwebs needed to get each perk, you're looking at a 4.5million+ saving.
The fact that I get 3 perks for 20 levels where I used to get 4 and only get 4 perks at level 50 tells me they rigged the system.
There are 3 perks available in 40-49 but you can only buy two. Level 50 has four available but you can still only buy two. You could never get more than two perks in a single bloodweb.
Yes and in the previous system you could buy two perks every time starting around level thirty. The only time you did not get the option to buy two of four perks was when you had only a few perks remaining and then it would show three perks. This happened around the time there were only about five perks left to buy in total.
Just to be clear there are plenty of perks left to purchase on my new character.
Most people don't care. They're just gonna say that the grind is worse.
We don't have a BP bonus from BBQ and WGLF in a new progression system and people don't care about 4.5 million+ savings because the grind is worse without a BP bonus in BBQ/WGLF. I have a bunch of level 40 killers without prestige before the update but I didn't prestige them. It screwed me so hard and made me not want to play.
That's what's supposed to happen. You didn't put that many levels into your killers, so you didn't get automatic prestige levels post-update. The only killer I had P3'd was Trapper, so he got to auto P9. I had a few killers at P1 and the rest had no prestige, yet when the update processed, most of them jumped to the new P4-P7 because I had put that much bp into them. The automatic prestiging that the update gave players was based off of how many levels in the bloodweb they went through, even if they capped at 50 and kept going rather than prestiging. I thought the devs made this clear.
Same. I actually never prestiged anyone, it was never worth it just for cosmetics. But I still got P1-5 on many survivors and killers through the perks I'd unlocked.