Does stridor hurt more than help spirit?
I'm not the best spirit but decided to pick her up again with iron will being dead. I never runned stridor because i always wanted to not be hand held from a perk that was seen as "undeniably busted". But i decided to give it a shot. Man i would appear much farther away from the additional intensity (it sounded like they were closer) im debating just keeping stridor off. Thoughts?
Edit: (I know its good for the chance you face iron will. But i haven't much since the update. Mainly off the record. But stridor won't help that)
Comments
It absolutely hurts. It really is there to mess up your muscle memory on what normal grunts of pain sounds like and if you rely with it on Spirit you can’t really take it off. I don’t recommend it at all. I didn’t even recommend it before it got nerfed.
I personally never used Stridor when playing Spirit.
You could just learn the volume levels the survivor noises are with Stridor. There is a learning curve to recognizing two sets of noises, but it is an option.
It helps for sure, but it's a huge handicap. If you ever take strider off after playing it for awhile you would be absolutely dogshi at spirt
It barely makes IW users louder and makes normal grunts way to disorientating.
Played 1 match with Stridor and I feel like I lost that match just cuz of Stridor.
Pretty much this. Nurses do it with blink range addons, Blight does it with speed/turn modifiers. The list goes on.
Yeah but i do think the handicap thing is a fair thing to looking at comments. If you have a nurse whos only ran double range. Or a spirit whos mastered only stridor spirit. And they have to take it off they are screwed with anything else. I think now im just better off mastering her at her base. And not with a perk i might wanna take off later. The messing up my phases is a added reason but i don't think i wanna push to learn to use a crutch.
The caveat is, if you use Stridor all the time, then obviously you’ll get used to that volume and it’ll be better than not having it.
But yeah, only using it once in a while is probably not a great idea. Either use it all the time on Spirit or don’t use it at all is maybe the way to go.
That may be true, but the problem with that is that one way gives you four extra perk choices, the other way gives you three extra perk choices. Not relying on Stridor gives more opportunities for fun builds.
Imagine using Stridor when you could just turn your game up to deafening levels
Sure, no doubt on the extra flexibility. 🙂 Depends on someone’s preference whether they like Stridor so much they’re ok with basically never having it out of their loadout.
Stridor was too much for me. Many survivor that I play against tend to use louder characters like Haddie or Jane, so not only did it throw me off but it was a very annoying experience.
If you want to hear pain and suffering of survivors, youd be better served by Sloppy Butcher
Never tried it on her, nor Whispers. Really don't like how they work in general.
Snitch Crows is way better imo. Altho with Spirit, I usually just look at grass movement during phasing and I can hear their footsteps anyways so no need for Stridor really.