Is survivor still playable anymore now?

So with all recent updates, we have the following changes :

Killer pig head perk greatly buffed and can easily make waste of medkits if a ongoing healing is interrupted;

DS disables even if someone try self-healing, making this perk become very situational, merely useful against tunneling;

Self-heal greatly nerfed to promote boons, which wastes extra time to do totems;

DH changed and very impractical to use;

BT buffed, but only encouraging risky hook saves which actually leads to faster killer kills;

Killers now have Hook Goes The Weasel which additionally slows down already 90s slow gen repairing;

Overcharge now greatly regress ongoing gen repair especially paired with Pop Goes The Weasel;

In the past few days, I grinded from ash to irisdescent on my killer with Doctor and Nurse with nearly no difficulty, since survivors rarely have counter-play except for gen rushing, and the latter is easy to break once you kill fast enough and know how to control your gens; on the contrary, I have rarely escaped the door when playing survivors since it has been dramastically more difficulty than half a year before when I quitted the game. Any suggestions on how to play survivor now (except swf) or you also think the game is fu*ked and poorly balanced now?


p.s. : in the past you needed to queue up and wait to play survivor while playing killer was always instant match, and now the situation is reversed, killer needs to queue up while survivor instant match

Comments

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3110913#Comment_3110913

    Tunneling is stronger than ever before it was hard to get one out 2-3 mins in the match but it's actually easy now. Use ph and try to get survivor tormented and then hook him normally and facecamp the second hook state and when he is saved hit him immediatelly to take otr away and then down and use final judgement.

    No tunneling is over since we have BT basekit and OTR buff.

    If a killer tunnel you since 6.1.0 its a skill issue.

  • @Anara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3111114#Comment_3111114

    No tunneling is over since we have BT basekit and OTR buff.

    If a killer tunnel you since 6.1.0 its a skill issue.

    Im not sure what your saying but I don't have any problem tunneling survivor out I count to 5 and hit. Most don't have ds and If they have otr I just go after them. You have to just find the weak link don't tunnel if the survivor is good.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3110913#Comment_3110913

    Tunneling is stronger than ever before it was hard to get one out 2-3 mins in the match but it's actually easy now. Use ph and try to get survivor tormented and then hook him normally and facecamp the second hook state and when he is saved hit him immediatelly to take otr away and then down and use final judgement.

    How did the patch change that strategy? That would have been easier to do pre-patch. No haste after unhook, no otr and no need to even count to five.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3111163#Comment_3111163

    Im not sure what your saying but I don't have any problem tunneling survivor out I count to 5 and hit. Most don't have ds and If they have otr I just go after them. You have to just find the weak link don't tunnel if the survivor is good.

    Yes because they are bad. 5 sec is enough to go to a pallet or window and loop you for 30sec or more

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3111114#Comment_3111114

    How did the patch change that strategy? That would have been easier to do pre-patch. No haste after unhook, no otr and no need to even count to five.

    Everyone had bt back then giving 12s endurance but now it's either otr or nothing and that haste is nothing. The best antitunneling perk in this game ds nerfed to the ground after the patch so no-one uses it. Dh being gone certainly help as well as it helped dodging hits or gain distance but most survivors has other exhaustion perks to replicate that. Also killer basekit brutal streng and reduced hit cool down and survivor reduced speed boost all help for tunneling and usually do make a difference if survivor reach some safe tile or pallet instead getting hit. I used to struggle tunneling effiently before this patch I had bad habit tunneling good loopers but now even that is not punishing as the combination of things makes it lot easier. I have won every game I used tunneling and camping as my stragedy after the patch and even if survivors have nerfed ds it's nothing you can almost immediatelly down them again. But most of time I don't use these stragedies as I find them dirty but sometimes they are neccesary evil. I adapt debending on the situation.

  • @Seki said:

    So with all recent updates, we have the following changes :

    Killer pig head perk greatly buffed and can easily make waste of medkits if a ongoing healing is interrupted;

    DS disables even if someone try self-healing, making this perk become very situational, merely useful against tunneling;

    Self-heal greatly nerfed to promote boons, which wastes extra time to do totems;

    DH changed and very impractical to use;

    BT buffed, but only encouraging risky hook saves which actually leads to faster killer kills;

    Killers now have Hook Goes The Weasel which additionally slows down already 90s slow gen repairing;

    Overcharge now greatly regress ongoing gen repair especially paired with Pop Goes The Weasel;

    In the past few days, I grinded from ash to irisdescent on my killer with Doctor and Nurse with nearly no difficulty, since survivors rarely have counter-play except for gen rushing, and the latter is easy to break once you kill fast enough and know how to control your gens; on the contrary, I have rarely escaped the door when playing survivors since it has been dramastically more difficulty than half a year before when I quitted the game. Any suggestions on how to play survivor now (except swf) or you also think the game is fu*ked and poorly balanced now?

    p.s. : in the past you needed to queue up and wait to play survivor while playing killer was always instant match, and now the situation is reversed, killer needs to queue up while survivor instant match

    yes, it’s fine. I’ve been having fun in most matches and I play solo q

  • @Anara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3111187#Comment_3111187

    Yes because they are bad. 5 sec is enough to go to a pallet or window and loop you for 30sec or more

    I don't hook them close to safe pallet im not that kind and if they do make it I hit anyway so that counters otr as well.

  • I think it depends. The only time I play solo these days is when I have crossplay off and I play during a time when I recognize good survivors. Then it turns out to be a decent game. I can still escape in solo with good/bad survivors with crossplay on, but it's more boring these days because I'm forced to play more stealthy, and I like being more aggressive. Getting lucky with good teammates with crossplay on is very hit and miss.

    SWF is not an issue except for the times we get a very good killer or we ######### around too much.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3111538#Comment_3111538

    I don't hook them close to safe pallet im not that kind and if they do make it I hit anyway so that counters otr as well.

    But they can still go to a pallet or window and loop you for 30sec or more

  • It’s def playable at high mmr and I’m seeing finally why the devs said kill rates were low

    won idk between 150-200 games in a row, but most of those were survivors dcing or dying in hook intentionally

    boosted me to a mmr I do NOT belong in

    biw I can’t get single ######### hook


    ao frankly it’s a skill issue because I’m seeing how these good survivors play and am quitting to let my mmr decay for a while


    starting o understand this killer sided patch was only needed for high mmr. I was winning probably 75-85 percent of my games before. I’d rather go back to that win rate than have this stupid area where I’m stuck between every game is a 4k or 4escape and no invetween


    everynat h now for a few days is either seal team six or potatoes. Either boring from curb stomping survivors or so impossible I just stand in a corner and wait for them to leave and go do other stuff

  • @Seki said:

    So with all recent updates, we have the following changes :

    Killer pig head perk greatly buffed and can easily make waste of medkits if a ongoing healing is interrupted;

    DS disables even if someone try self-healing, making this perk become very situational, merely useful against tunneling;

    Self-heal greatly nerfed to promote boons, which wastes extra time to do totems;

    DH changed and very impractical to use;

    BT buffed, but only encouraging risky hook saves which actually leads to faster killer kills;

    Killers now have Hook Goes The Weasel which additionally slows down already 90s slow gen repairing;

    Overcharge now greatly regress ongoing gen repair especially paired with Pop Goes The Weasel;

    In the past few days, I grinded from ash to irisdescent on my killer with Doctor and Nurse with nearly no difficulty, since survivors rarely have counter-play except for gen rushing, and the latter is easy to break once you kill fast enough and know how to control your gens; on the contrary, I have rarely escaped the door when playing survivors since it has been dramastically more difficulty than half a year before when I quitted the game. Any suggestions on how to play survivor now (except swf) or you also think the game is fu*ked and poorly balanced now?

    p.s. : in the past you needed to queue up and wait to play survivor while playing killer was always instant match, and now the situation is reversed, killer needs to queue up while survivor instant match

    "Is survivor still playable anymore now" Is it just me or is it really hard to comprehend that title.

    And yes it's fine. Gen rushing is coming back slowly but surley

  • If you want to escape bring massive toolbox with build to last and prove. In my test any other build is doomed to fail and everyone dies. You need to be really efficient with gens because chases are way shorter.

  • Survivor play is miserable right now.

    I went from 50% escape to less than 1%.

    I am paired with total noobs and Rambo killers.

  • Of course it is, always will be

  • SWF? Maybe. Solo? Goodluck lol

  • yeah it is, ill teach you how to make it playable.


    Step 1: Open Dead by Daylight.

    Step 2: Click on the survivor icon.

    Step 3: Choose your preferred character and build.

    Step 4: Press ready and watch as you play a game.


    You're welcome.

  • Survivor is definetly still playable, I've pipped in most of my games and escaped a few. It unfortunately takes good team coordination to do it, and without voice chat and/or a ping system, it makes it a roll of the dice whether your team just happens to think a like and unable to actually coordinate. I also do understand and want something done about the camping epidemic thats going on. I personally think something that dosen't penalize camping as harshly near and at the end game and discourages it early on. I think the hook timer should slow longer the more gens there are, so as the game goes on camping becomes stronger but is especially weak at 3-5 gen, medium at 1-2, and no penalty after the exit gates are powered.

  • Totally unplayable

  • It's playable, but the devs are honestly questionable in the hotfix. They brought back a nasty combo that ######### over solo queue because of a niche interaction of two perks that rarely happens. Meanwhile, Self-Care is still at 35%, and Decisive Strike is 3s.

    The devs don't play the game or know how to balance it. They'd instead buff camping or band-aid fix it with perks.

  • Its playable. Its just miserable. I think i had fun in maybe 2 out of 10 games over the past few months. Post patch doesnt change much. Just more camping then tunneling, at least every other game if not more. Boring.

  • to answer your question if your not playing SWF survivor is unplayable across most MMR brackets anyone who tells you otherwise is only playing SWF

  • It is unplayable. It is almost like playing the lottery - the chances are tremendously low and the killer is holding all the winning cards.

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3110575#Comment_3110575

    Lul. Honestly feels like survivors adapted/ got over the changes. I routinely get my ass beat even when i get very fast downs.

    Survivors haven't adapted yet in my games. I am 4king nearly every game with no slow-down. But I play Blight and I run strong add-ons. But balance isn't determined by using weak killers and add-ons. Balance is the strongest that both sides have and versing each other. And the point I'm making is that I could go sweatier, but I don't need to. Survivors are not keeping up.

1 2 ›