I'm taking the dedicated servers with a grain of salt.

It's going to be a good change for the game, but there's definitely going to be some hiccups I think the biggest issue will be for killers dealing with lag now it's possible they will be forced to buff killers by giving a hit vacuum which might explain some of the hitbox issues with survivors and hitting through pallets.

Comments

  • akbays35 said:

    It's going to be a good change for the game, but there's definitely going to be some hiccups I think the biggest issue will be for killers dealing with lag now it's possible they will be forced to buff killers by giving a hit vacuum which might explain some of the hitbox issues with survivors and hitting through pallets.

    Being hit through pallets have nothing to do with any of these

    You just dropped them too late, a general you, since I never had a problem with that and knew before dropping it if I was going to get an hit. People just think to be in a safe bubble when close to a pallet that's it
  • Wait, are you saying killers will need a buff because of dedicated servers or they will be buffed because of dedicated servers?

  • It will work as intended. No more hits when being 2 meters away from the window even when the ping was green, no more lagswitchers.
  • @Malakir said:
    akbays35 said:

    It's going to be a good change for the game, but there's definitely going to be some hiccups I think the biggest issue will be for killers dealing with lag now it's possible they will be forced to buff killers by giving a hit vacuum which might explain some of the hitbox issues with survivors and hitting through pallets.

    Being hit through pallets have nothing to do with any of these

    You just dropped them too late, a general you, since I never had a problem with that and knew before dropping it if I was going to get an hit. People just think to be in a safe bubble when close to a pallet that's it

    I'm just theorizing because hit boxes have seemed off for a while both as killer and survivor, but ping added to killers will cause serious issues.

  • ad19970 said:

    Wait, are you saying killers will need a buff because of dedicated servers or they will be buffed because of dedicated servers?

    @ad19970
    I think op meant the first one. Some killers won't be able to rely on laggy matches to land their hits now.
  • Huntress Hatchets should get interesting in the months after the migration.

  • No more getting teleported back over vaults, yay!

    I have to wonder just how much cash Behaviour is raking in to support this though. I mean the cosmetic store is pretty expensive for what you get, and then every lobby seems to have cosmetics in it. They're talking about long term support and engine upgrades too.

    They must be raking it in. Which is good of course because that leads to more long term support for the game.
  • @Vietfox said:
    ad19970 said:

    Wait, are you saying killers will need a buff because of dedicated servers or they will be buffed because of dedicated servers?

    @ad19970
    I think op meant the first one. Some killers won't be able to rely on laggy matches to land their hits now.

    Yeah well that shouldn't be the case anyway right? I got to admit even I have already been able to get some very weird hits at pallets as killer. Luckily these are only rare occasions. But yeah that's a good thing. If you're like a meter away from a vault or if you are on the other side of a pallet you shouldn't get hit.
    As long as 360's don't get any more effective than they are now I'm all in for the changes.

  • @Vietfox said:
    It will work as intended. No more hits when being 2 meters away from the window even when the ping was green, no more lagswitchers.

    That would be very welcome. I even already got some very weird hits as killer against survivors that clearly dropped the pallet early enough to normally not get hit. I hope that gets fixed as well with dedicated servers.

  • @Vietfox said:
    ad19970 said:

    Wait, are you saying killers will need a buff because of dedicated servers or they will be buffed because of dedicated servers?

    @ad19970
    I think op meant the first one. Some killers won't be able to rely on laggy matches to land their hits now.

    I'm not sure, it will depend on survivior/killer ping but that lag for inputs on an already finicky time constrained game will be hell on killers in high ranks. Nurse and Billy might be unplayable because of the minor imputs needed to play those killers. It also depends upon if the servers are just going to be in America? This will split their playerbase as well in a physical manner.

  • @akbays35 said:

    @Malakir said:
    akbays35 said:

    It's going to be a good change for the game, but there's definitely going to be some hiccups I think the biggest issue will be for killers dealing with lag now it's possible they will be forced to buff killers by giving a hit vacuum which might explain some of the hitbox issues with survivors and hitting through pallets.

    Being hit through pallets have nothing to do with any of these

    You just dropped them too late, a general you, since I never had a problem with that and knew before dropping it if I was going to get an hit. People just think to be in a safe bubble when close to a pallet that's it

    I'm just theorizing because hit boxes have seemed off for a while both as killer and survivor, but ping added to killers will cause serious issues.

    Well I'm pretty sure if it does affect the gameplay of killers negatively because they now have a ping then they will implements adjustments to keep the killer experience as it is now, just without the bs hits through windows against survivors that are clearly far enough from the window to not get hit. They will test out dedicated servers on PTB first I believe so if killers will be weaker and struggle more in chases, they'll have enough time to react and adjust killers accordingly. I don't think it will become a problem though, as long as 360's don't get more effective.

  • Idk about these weird hits I hear, even playing mostly survivor I could Always predict if was going to hit me or not but w/e.

    I'm just happy that lag switchers won' exist and without the p2p killers are less exposed to hackers. I'm just concerned about the servers locations
  • @akbays35 said:

    @Vietfox said:
    ad19970 said:

    Wait, are you saying killers will need a buff because of dedicated servers or they will be buffed because of dedicated servers?

    @ad19970
    I think op meant the first one. Some killers won't be able to rely on laggy matches to land their hits now.

    I'm not sure, it will depend on survivior/killer ping but that lag for inputs on an already finicky time constrained game will be hell on killers in high ranks. Nurse and Billy might be unplayable because of the minor imputs needed to play those killers. It also depends upon if the servers are just going to be in America? This will split their playerbase as well in a physical manner.

    Hmm we'll see. Like I said if that's the case they will probably adjust the killers before dedicated servers are implemented into the actual game. The last thing killers need is a harder time actually hitting survivors when they get close enough to a survivor, I'm just happy that the bs hits through windows and pallets that shouldn't have actually hit get removed this way.

  • @Malakir said:
    Idk about these weird hits I hear, even playing mostly survivor I could Always predict if was going to hit me or not but w/e.

    I'm just happy that lag switchers won' exist and without the p2p killers are less exposed to hackers. I'm just concerned about the servers locations

    I get those weird hits onky very rarely. I'm not saying getting hit at a pallet while dropping it should not happen. In most cases survivors just didn't drop the pallet fast enough. However I have seen some weird hits both as survivor and killer at pallets and windows, but at least in my experience those are very rare. That's PC though. Whenever I play on console survivor I always feel like I get hit much more often where I shouldn't really have gotten hit as survivor. Hitbox at least on ps4 is much more wonky.