Cage of Atonement
Would someone be able to explain why the cage of Atonement completely negates the now built-in borrowed time, as well as not triggering Off the Record?
It seems very illogical to me having the cage of Atonement count as a type of hook, but at the same time rendering survivor perks as well as in-game mechanics useless (talking about built-in borrowed time). I want to think it's not intended, but who knows.
It makes triangle head very good at tunneling since he does not have to deal with any anti-tunneling measures.
And yes, I already know some will say just don't get Torment, and yes that works, which is why it took so long for me to find out this is apparently a thing. But, it seems that vaulting animations can get you torment, ever if you were crouching prior, during and after the vault action, which I also want to think is not something that's intended. Video shows me getting torment whilst crouching but going through a vault animation
We'll refresh this page when it's ready.
Comments
They don't count as hooks for both sides. So on the survivor side, things like BT and OTR. For killer, that means things like Make Your Choice or Dying Light
I couldn't tell you why BHVR made that decision but that's why your perks don't activate when you are caged
That's just how his power works. To be fair cages also makes a lot of killer perks useless so it can sometimes benefit the survivors as well. Obviously the killer can choose not to use perks that rely on hooking and can choose when to hook and when not to, tho.
When you come across a Pyramid Head that tunnels it can be very annoying but IME most don't. When I run into the ones that do, I do everything in my power to avoid being tormented, even if it means going down earlier.
Ok, but what about the built-in BT? It's not just a perk anymore, it's a game mechanic, you get unhooked and you have a few seconds of grace period.
I'm mostly wondering if this is intended (if so by what logic) or a bug.
That was my second point, because i always avoid torment, but today, I was surprised to discover that the vault animation triggers torment.
And as another example, vaulting does not trigger hag traps, if you're holding your crouch button
In the eyes of the game, they're not hooks. Cages are their own beast entirely.
So my assumption is that it's working as intended.
Yeah that's quite annoying but now you know for the future I suppose :/
I do think it should work with the basekit BT as that’s not a perk.
It should not trigger OTR though, cages have never worked with hook perks on either side and they’re not supposed to.
Fun fact: I learned that being Caged does not remove Aftercare, since its requirement for being lost is being hooked.
I can agree with that. I wonder if the devs thought about this when adding built-in BT
On the other hand cages can't be camped, so 5s of BT isn't going to do anything.
I think it should work with base bt now
When caged, you are teleported across the map to a random location and other survivors can see your aura and PH cannot. Perks for both survivor and killer related to hooks do not work. If PH finds the survivor in the cage, they are teleported to another random location. It works as intended. No need for BT base-kit since the killer already can't camp it.
they can be camped. that is why pyramid head use range add-ons, so that when a survivor is unhooked, you can hit them as they drop from the cage leading the unhook person to take damage and the person who is unhooked instantly down. PH is pretty strong, you often only get 1 proper chase against him and the rest is all that cage into death hook gameplay...(camping)
I guess its just how PH is designed, or at least how people want to play him.
Tunnel people off of cages, throw em back on the hook, then when they get off the hook just immediately slap em with an ebony mori.