Why Gens feel faster than before update?

In every game I played today (first time after update) the gens were rushed like hell. Usually I got one kill (/~6hooks) or near one kill with 2 gens left but now I have often only 3 hooks. I never camp or tunnel if I dont have to, but now it feels like this. Everyone runs now Prove Thyself. To counter this I run 2 regression perks, but it feels like its doing nothing.

Second thing is the survivors feel faster because It takes more time to catch up. If a player runs Hope, I cant catch him in a straight line. I dont get Bloodlust faster and the game likes to end the chase for no reason.

Is it only me or has somebody else the same feeling?

(I dont want a killer buff or smth else, just curious)

Comments

  • @WantToKnow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090224#Comment_3090224

    Exactly. And with this strat ur regression is near nothing now. Maybe u get someone with Eruption, thats all.

    The heaviest experience was on plague. I run Thana, Dying light, deadmanswitch and Overcharge (before Patch it was Painres). I keep the 4 stacks Thana up 80% of the game and still get the same result now.

    In those games last night the gens popped like I had no perks. Thats why I asked here.

    Deadmans is something of a dead perk in your build now that Pain Res does not trigger it. You can sometimes get value on Nurse/Blight but the only real winner for that perk is artist who can trigger it across map.


    With Overcharge and Thana you should have enough slowdown. I would actually be tempted to see how you would do if you changed Deadmans for Bamboozle.


    In my experience Plague is often left as an M1 killer. Good players will not cleanse or overcleanse and waste your fountains so you only get 1-2 uses. The rest of the game you are left with few options. So while they may be hurt the whole game that means they will usually be trying extra hard when looping. Bamboozle can force a lot of pallets way sooner than the better loopers like.


    An alternative would be an information perk considering you don't have one.

  • I think its just people adjusting? People leaving gens earlier and hiding instead of sticking on it and taking chase. Results in sneakier gameplay and faster gens. Its just adapting to the stronger gen regression and chase killers have this patch.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090147#Comment_3090147

    So survivors adepted new meta and they are playing around? Was not that what killers keep said: Adept bro, learn to play without crutches bro.

    So survivors are knows now, the best way to escape: Genrush and get heal with Adrenaline. Now this is issue too?

    You are seriously still complaining after all of these buffs?

    Survivors aren't adapting to a new meta. They are merely playing same meta on steroids. Gen speed increase, exhaustion perk, endurance perk, second chance/healing perk. it's the same as it's always been. It's just more annoying since multiple people are running Prove Thyself/sprint burst. You say "after all these buffs" as if all of said buffs aren't negated by survivor perks lol. 10 extra seconds on gens? No problem. Prove Tyself. Can't dead hard for distance? No problem. Just sprint burst away the moment you hear a terror radius. Just got unhooked but aren't even being tunneled? No problem. Go body block with off the record. It's funny that people are really listening to the noise survivors are making about the patch without actually looking at how the changes are playing out in real time lol.

  • I have noticed this too, OP.

    I believe it is a knee-jerk reaction to forever Plague and Legion. Killers who don't want to run gen slowdown, and instead take advantage of the recent buffs to add variety in their builds, are being punished by the actions of those who put survivors through hell with slow gen speeds and long matches.

    The threat of a forever Plague and Legion is always there, so survivors are coming prepared.


    I've been working my way through killer archive challenges the past 2 days, and survivors are punishing my horrible builds really well.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3088853#Comment_3088853

    You're right. It's still not enough. Play Pig. Play Ghost Face. Play Freddy.

    It's still awful for stealthers, for sure. At the very least spinechill should not detect undetectable. The biggest issue for GF, for example, is that he has no chasing power or way to efficiently travel, so he is forced to use up perk slots just to try to maintain gens while he has to chase people.

1 2 ›