Took me exactly 28 games to win once as a survivor

I'm speaking about "Strength in numbers" challenge, where you have to have at least one survivor escape while you still in match.

Trivia (can skip to the next part)

Another SoloQ example. I'm 1.2K hours (so no comments like "you just have to play more"). I almost never used DH before, so nothing new for me perkwise, using same familliar loadout.

image.png


Only once I escaped through hatch as last survivor.

Only 3 games were not 4K.

I have starting to get lots of gold and iri "Evader" emblems and be in chases longer than 2 minutes (exept nurse, ofc), which means killers I'm matched with are completely unskilled. Yet almost everytime is 4K

Tunneling is off the charts!

Finally got that book challenge because was matched with 3 SWF bully squad and killer was fresh.

What i wanted to say

SoloQ is literally unplayable, unless you're some pro tournament streamer. Devs should get up the nerve and make a statement: survivor gameplay is supposed for friend play. SoloQ is not meant to be and it's at your own risk. No problem with that, many quesions will be ceased immediately.

System requirements: internet connection, PC/Xbox/PS, 3 friends

Let me give an example: Hunt Showdown. You play 3 vs 3, or 2 vs 2. You can go solo agains duos and gain "underdog" bonus, or agains trios and get super "underdog" bonus. So solo is officially left for streamers, tryhards and challengers. Everyone fine with that. Why just simply acknowledge the same thing in DbD?

That awkward "you kinda can play Solo, but kinda can't" is really disorienting.


Another thing that stumbles me

Why many perks switches off at the EGC? It's like "You lose, but you can play well and go to the end, and then lose anyway". Why? Why killer is obliged to have win? There's some quota?

Comments

  • @vector said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336893/took-me-exactly-28-games-to-win-once-as-a-survivor

    If someone plays that much usualy he gets some realy bad killers that cant make a single hook or realy good survivors that can loop for minutes, 3friends on survs that carry the entire game. I bet you make all mistakes imaginable. Killers became way stronger that is true, but 1 win on 28 games? How is that possible? I cant belive you might be that lucky facing such strong opponents all the time. Half of time i get complete noobs

    If you had read the post, you would noticed that I said I was getting many killers that I could run from for 2+ minutes (which is nonsense). They are definetely not experienced.

  • @EvilSerje said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3095149#Comment_3095149

    Wow! Survivors had chill matches? I missed that completely. I have music on constanly, but turn it off only for Spirit (for obvious reasons) and survivor. As I mentioned before, I got past first 100 sacrifices and didn't know about lunge attack yet. But for survivor I had watch tons of tutorials, train jukes, loops, remember all map layouts. When I went for rank 1 for 6 months, I had really prepare myself (sleep well, be fresh, warmed up, etc), it was battle to death with shaking hands, even before patch. I don't remember getting 0K more than 10 times in my whole time (before patch). And I don't remember a single match that caused frustration. For survivor it's like 30% of matches where you want smack you monitor.

    I think more accurate would be that killers now can have lots of chill matches like they are on a brand new account.

    I'm starting to believe I'm the only one who didn't suffer from prepatch DH (Iron Will and Spine Chill were problem to me), and never used DH myself...

    Screenshot from my first gameplay as Bubba few years back. Now it feels the same.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/6BESESDQX4B2/image.png

    NB! IT WAS NOT CAMPING :) They were noobs like me, but overaltruistic.

    Maybe survivor just isn´t your thing and you´re a natural.

  • @ad19970 said:

    Survivors will surely need some compensation buffs. Camping and tunneling are now just too effective, seeing as how killers got nice buffs that make their fair skillful gameplay more viable.

    But 28 games in a row kind of seems like you seriously got screwed over by matchmaking. Or you still have a lot to improve.

    I do think that survivor right now can be problematic. But I definitely still have escaped some of my matches. Never even had nearly as much of a losing streak as that. And I am no survivor pro or anything like that.

    MMR is suppose to even out the game so that you get 50% escapes. This isn't a problem with his play and people saying that are honestly just being toxic.

    This is 100% MMR not working properly or killers have been buffed so much that there's no longer a "low MMR" killer to fill the need for "low MMR" survivors.

  • 2.3k hours here. Rarely used meta perks.

    Lost about 18 games in a row before promptly giving up the last time I played. I was tunneled out either mildly (from second hook) to from the start (first hook then back to back until death) for about maybe 8 of those games. I don't stick with other people and splitgen so that might be why.

  • @ashtonisfarout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090156#Comment_3090156

    If the exit gates are open you lost. I could see maybe turning off the perks on survivors for killers that almost has everyone hooked all the way, but otherwise you lost because that's usually not the case. In my experience when the exit gates are powered the killers have got 3, maybe 5 hooks. It's just another way to reward weaker killers and keep them playing. But now it's bad news in the butt because survivors are quitting!

    No, we didn't. That's why perks like Blood Warden and No One Left Behind exist.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3093592#Comment_3093592

    Then there is really no difference between soloq and swf lol, we don't need any buff.

    Ok guy if you say so. Go play some more killer...

1 2 3 4 ›