all this time has passed...

... and people still think that SWF isn't the main issue of the game. whenever i look at the forum i see always the same things: survivors who complain about killers being buffed/tunneling/camping/etc etc and killers complain about survivors who genrush/abuse 2nd chances perks/bully squads with flashlights/etc etc. Both problems have something in common: swf. you are probably wondering how... well, killers wouldn't probably feel the need to play in certain (unfunny) way if swf wouldn't exist (mainly due to the HUGE amount of toxicity and disadvantages that they must endure when aganist those kind of teams) and survivors would have probably be buffed accordingly since swf wouldn't screw up the statistics... imo SWF shouldn't be in the game (or to be more precise... it should be available ONLY in custom matches)

Comments

  • To be precise i don't want swf in regular matches... As I said before it could still be a used feature in custom matches, but normal ones should be only solo q players.

    @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084599#Comment_3084599

    i strongly disagree, this game would be more easier to balance (i'm not saying that would be easy since it's almost impossible to balance an asymmetrical game, but easier than now for sure) if SWF wouldn't be available in normal matches.

    You mentioned in your opening post:

    whenever i look at the forum i see always the same things: survivors who complain about killers being buffed/tunneling/camping/etc etc and killers complain about survivors who genrush/abuse 2nd chances perks/bully squads with flashlights/etc etc. Both problems have something in common: swf.

    I point out that that is incorrect. Tunnelling and camping have NOTHING to do with swiffers. Genrush and second chance perks have NOTHING to do with swiffers. The link with killer buffs is strenuous. The only thing that's properly a swiffer problem is bully squads.

    And then we get to second chance perks:

    so for you the previous dead hard wasn't a problem

    Which is already a misreading of my post, since I mention, specifically:

    The only ones that can be argued about are the bodyblocking potential of BT/OTR and Dead Hard

    I also don't see the relevance in talking about old Dead Hard because it's no longer in the game, and as incompetent as BHVR may seem in their balance decisions, I am pretty confident they are not stupid enough to put it back in.

    borrowed time being exploited for tanking a hit that was deserved to someone else wasn't (isn't) a problem

    Again, I specifically mention bodyblocking potential of BT/OTR as being arguable problems. And I, myself, have in fact argued for them being problems in the past. Especially OTR, which I believe is less healthy for the game than DS was.

    completely recover from the dying state when you did a bad play alongside with your team isn't a problem

    The killer has to leave you alone for an extended period of time to enable this perk to trigger once and never again, and it still takes that survivor out of commission for an equally long time. UB is not a problem. Exponential has too many hooks and eyes to be a problem. The only one you could try to argue for is Soul Guard, but that requires an active hex to work.

    the automatic healing and the speed boost that you get once the gens are done isn't a problem

    Adrenaline fires once, once all gens are done. How is that a swiffer problem, exactly?

    the fact that you can blind the killer when he caught someone into a locker isn't a problem

    Not a perk, let alone a second chance perk.

    people that exploit boil over with purple toolboxes, with the hook offerings alongside maps like rpd or badham isn't a problem...

    None of this is second chance perks.

    yep definetely not a problem winning 100th times in order to hooking someone/winning a match as killer (add that all this stuff it's even more awful when you are aganist a sweaty SWF and you'll get the picture of why i'm aganist that feature)

    You have argued the completely wrong thing here. I never argued in favour of bully tactics. You are replying here to something I said about second chance perks and you completely switched tracks into an all out rant about bully tactics and survivors just having perks in general.

    I get that you're frustrated, but you're not arguing properly. You can't counter 'second chance perks aren't a problem' with 'Flashlight saves are a problem'. That doesn't suddenly make second chance perks a problem.

    Eh, maybe you aren't wrong, I versed too many swf bully squads and until now the only killers that could gave them what they want are the usual 2 killers and bubba. Anyway the things that I've mentioned aren't all 2nd chances perks, but I can assure you that it feels extremely unfair when those things happen, especially when you know that you don't deserve it.

    @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085089#Comment_3085089

    Playing with friends on DBD is the same as playing with friends on other games, this is online gaming we’re talking about…

    Absolutely not. I already did a couple of examples of why swf are a problem in the 1st answers in that thread.

    @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082382#Comment_3082382

    You're not gonna get through to them. I've been chewed up trying to argue that the game is still survivor sided. After all this time, they still don't get it. All you have to do to see what I talk about is play Pig with no slowdowns or something stupid like that, or even a serious build on a mid tier killer, and you will get games where you got 2-3 hooks before the gens are all done because (ding ding ding) you didn't camp or tunnel.

    Also this. Those matches are more common that you will expect.

    @Sumnox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3081059#Comment_3081059

    Didn't you know that what killers truly want is actual fair balance? Did you know they only play scummy because they're forced to by bad, bad, evil OP survivors?

    Killers would NEVER abuse being the power ro... oh wait😨

    Again, typical answer for people that play only a single side

    @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084640#Comment_3084640

    As long as such important elements to the game are heavily rng dependent, it will never be fair for both sides. There are so many games I should have gotten a 4k but rng robbed me, and vice versa; games I had no business winning, but my prayers to RNGesus came through.

    True, certain maps are simply unplayable with certain killers

  • @Tostapane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085043#Comment_3085043

    To be precise i don't want swf in regular matches... As I said before it could still be a used feature in custom matches, but normal ones should be only solo q players.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084748#Comment_3084748

    Eh, maybe you aren't wrong, I versed too many swf bully squads and until now the only killers that could gave them what they want are the usual 2 killers and bubba. Anyway the things that I've mentioned aren't all 2nd chances perks, but I can assure you that it feels extremely unfair when those things happen, especially when you know that you don't deserve it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085102#Comment_3085102

    Absolutely not. I already did a couple of examples of why swf are a problem in the 1st answers in that thread.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084814#Comment_3084814

    Also this. Those matches are more common that you will expect.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084759#Comment_3084759

    Again, typical answer for people that play only a single side

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084684#Comment_3084684

    True, certain maps are simply unplayable with certain killers

    SWF is kinda mandatory now for survivors because solo queue is a nightmare. You think 4 solos like dealing with Nurse, blight, thana legion???

  • @Tostapane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085043#Comment_3085043

    To be precise i don't want swf in regular matches... As I said before it could still be a used feature in custom matches, but normal ones should be only solo q players.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084748#Comment_3084748

    Eh, maybe you aren't wrong, I versed too many swf bully squads and until now the only killers that could gave them what they want are the usual 2 killers and bubba. Anyway the things that I've mentioned aren't all 2nd chances perks, but I can assure you that it feels extremely unfair when those things happen, especially when you know that you don't deserve it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085102#Comment_3085102

    Absolutely not. I already did a couple of examples of why swf are a problem in the 1st answers in that thread.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084814#Comment_3084814

    Also this. Those matches are more common that you will expect.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084759#Comment_3084759

    Again, typical answer for people that play only a single side

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084684#Comment_3084684

    True, certain maps are simply unplayable with certain killers

    “To be precise i don't want swf in regular matches... As I said before it could still be a used feature in custom matches, but normal ones should be only solo q players.” Gee I wonder why. That very well sounds like someone that wants to win every single game since solo que is so week. Thank god the devs won’t listen to you because your ideas are horrendous

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    Please.

    Killers said they will never tunnel/camp if survivors could not have second chance perks.

    Killers said they will never tunnel/camp if gens took longer to finish.

    Now all survivor meta destroyed and generators have really long time to finish with anti-gen builds. But killers are still camping and tunnelling.

    If x happens the killers will stop camp/tunnel seems to me just an excuse.

    Im sorry but it is probably on you for believing a few hundred people saying something would cause every killer in existance to change how they play. I haven't tunneled or camped except during the endgame since the update dropped but that doesn't mean every killer in existance has stopped because from playing survivor its pretty aparent they haven't. I do not get this whole arguement of "Killers said they would stop" because in reality it would probably be less than 1000 people you have seen say something like that which is far FAR below the amount of killers. Just because one person said it they arent speaking for the whole role...

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3081059#Comment_3081059

    Im sorry but it is probably on you for believing a few hundred people saying something would cause every killer in existance to change how they play. I haven't tunneled or camped except during the endgame since the update dropped but that doesn't mean every killer in existance has stopped because from playing survivor its pretty aparent they haven't. I do not get this whole arguement of "Killers said they would stop" because in reality it would probably be less than 1000 people you have seen say something like that which is far FAR below the amount of killers. Just because one person said it they arent speaking for the whole role...

    This is point, is not it?

    Op is saying killers could not play like that (tunnel and camp) but SWF exists. It will not happen but if BHVR removes SWF from game, all killers will play fair? They will stop to use strong anti-gen perks? Will they stop tunnel people?

    We both know, no. Everyone are not same. Some people will do whatever they want, they won't care it is fair or not.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085702#Comment_3085702

    This is point, is not it?

    Op is saying killers could not play like that (tunnel and camp) but SWF exists. It will not happen but if BHVR removes SWF from game, all killers will play fair? They will stop to use strong anti-gen perks? Will they stop tunnel people?

    We both know, no. Everyone are not same. Some people will do whatever they want, they won't care it is fair or not.

    I never said that all the killers will probably stop tunneling, but you have to deal with those 2 troubles 1st: make swf only a feature available only in custom matches and add a new mechanic that will gave reasons to killer for not tunneling... You have to give killers valid alternatives for avoid tunneling if you want see tunneling disappearing... If that tactic is so common it's because it's effective, don't you think? It's like a survivor who went to finish a gen almost completed and just kicked by the killer 1 second ago, in the middle of the map in order to split the pressure that the killer could have and make easier for survivors to work on the remaining gens without worrying about the killer being near: the concept is the same

    @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085320#Comment_3085320

    “To be precise i don't want swf in regular matches... As I said before it could still be a used feature in custom matches, but normal ones should be only solo q players.” Gee I wonder why. That very well sounds like someone that wants to win every single game since solo que is so week. Thank god the devs won’t listen to you because your ideas are horrendous

    Did I talked that I want win every match? I really don't see anything like that... Stop putting words in my mouth that are straight up lies, I want fair matches, not the bullshit that we have actually now with those swf around... I gave valid points for my reasons and suggested valid solutions unlike you that keep screaming "waaah, bad killers want ez match, solo queue unplayable, nerf killers". So at this point you have 2 choices: start using some logic and make some valid arguments or just straight up ignore this thread cause you won't have anything constructive to say, thanks

1 2 ›