My personal feedback about latest patch

As of (7/19/2022) with the 6.1.0 patch, developers took away how some of us used to play. If you take away something, you should give something back in return. This patch gives nothing but insignificant tweaks here and there. I'm just glad I had the time of my life when the game was fairly new and it was just getting popular. The developers don't even know how to properly execute things.


Dead Hard did not need a nerf, everyone pretty much knew how to play around it. And if it were to change, it should have never applied Deep Wound status effect. It should have worked like Mettle of Man where it negates the killer hit, gives you speed boost without giving you Deep Wound status effect. Dead Hard was meant to assist the survivor, not turn the screen darker and waste one's time by having to mend. It's not even worth taking up perk slot anymore.


Spine Chill was completely changed into a useless perk. Its purpose was to give survivor an early warning to getaway (that's at least how I used it). Now it lights up based on terror radius and if the killer has direct line of sight on you. (??? What the hell is the point of that?) On the other hand, Whispers, aka the killer version of Spine Chill remains untouched and works the same way the old Spine Chill did. See the hypocrisy there?


Iron Will, one of my all time favorite perk has been nerfed because of people insisting not to learn how to play against it but demand an easy solution by modifying the perk.


Self-Care, a perk that was barely alright-ish if you were playing solo survivor is now completely useless. I can't remember know how many times Self-Care saved my life regardless of when I was playing either solo or in swf. I pulled off so many plays taking a hit, healing myself away from the killer and jumping back in action either to tank another hit for a team mate or to rush for an unhook while being healthy to take a hit after unhooking my team mate. (wasn't much fan of Borrowed Time). Not to mention Self-Care countered Franklin's Demise really good not having to worry about losing a medkit and being unable to heal yourself in case you thought about bringing a medkit.


These 4 perks were my unchanged perks for many years. Now BHVR wants me to play differently and I am not going to play differently. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. These perks were never broken and they functioned the way they did for years until recently.


I hope queue times to find a lobby as killer will take a huge impact and increase over time. I'm expecting player count drop and interest to play survivor is going to decrease over time.


After 3130+ hours (Devotion 13) since 2018, I've come to a conclusion that I am uninstalling this game because of developers not nerfing but killing perks. I never thought there would be a day that I would consider giving up playing DbD. This patch marks the day.


Good luck catering to new comers BHVR. Nothing stays forever. Time for me to move on to something else.


Note: I'll leave my DbD stats link for those who think I only played survivor because I know there will be claims. (https://dbd-stats.net/profile/76561198090221481)

Comments

  • @LunaticLizzie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085983#Comment_3085983

    I know this reply is probably super late in a thread that's probably been dead for weeks, replying to what's more or less an exaggerated joke stance, but regardless,

    I've never really liked Exhaustion perks all that much, ngl, even back when Dead Hard was one spooky prospect for killers, even when my main survivor (Feng Min) comes with what I consider one of the better ones - They just never did it for me. And in the long run, I honestly think my bull-headed closed mindedness about Exhaustion helped me, because now,

    I can run Self-Aware, Lightweight, Prove Thyself and Kindred, AKA no chase perks (unless you count Lightweight but I consider that more stealth than chase), and still get some pretty decent loop time, nothing spectacular, but probably a lot better loop time than if I was Madame Elizabeth Deadhardington pre-patch and was suddenly dropped head first into a world without Press-E-to-get-extra-30-seconds-out-of-chase mode.

    So what's the point I'm really tryna make here?

    Beats me, but if you can glean anything useful from my rambling tangent here, let it be this:

    Sometimes, getting wrapped up in the META can not only make you a worse player over-all, but suck the fun right out of both your experience, and the experience of those around you. Count your blessings, don't be afraid to experiment around with your build or playstyle, and most importantly, have fun :)

    Hahah appreciate your pov regardless, I'll try it out :)

  • @DbDPlaya said:

    As of (7/19/2022) with the 6.1.0 patch, developers took away how some of us used to play. If you take away something, you should give something back in return. This patch gives nothing but insignificant tweaks here and there. I'm just glad I had the time of my life when the game was fairly new and it was just getting popular. The developers don't even know how to properly execute things.

    Dead Hard did not need a nerf, everyone pretty much knew how to play around it. And if it were to change, it should have never applied Deep Wound status effect. It should have worked like Mettle of Man where it negates the killer hit, gives you speed boost without giving you Deep Wound status effect. Dead Hard was meant to assist the survivor, not turn the screen darker and waste one's time by having to mend. It's not even worth taking up perk slot anymore.

    Spine Chill was completely changed into a useless perk. Its purpose was to give survivor an early warning to getaway (that's at least how I used it). Now it lights up based on terror radius and if the killer has direct line of sight on you. (??? What the hell is the point of that?) On the other hand, Whispers, aka the killer version of Spine Chill remains untouched and works the same way the old Spine Chill did. See the hypocrisy there?

    Iron Will, one of my all time favorite perk has been nerfed because of people insisting not to learn how to play against it but demand an easy solution by modifying the perk.

    Self-Care, a perk that was barely alright-ish if you were playing solo survivor is now completely useless. I can't remember know how many times Self-Care saved my life regardless of when I was playing either solo or in swf. I pulled off so many plays taking a hit, healing myself away from the killer and jumping back in action either to tank another hit for a team mate or to rush for an unhook while being healthy to take a hit after unhooking my team mate. (wasn't much fan of Borrowed Time). Not to mention Self-Care countered Franklin's Demise really good not having to worry about losing a medkit and being unable to heal yourself in case you thought about bringing a medkit.

    These 4 perks were my unchanged perks for many years. Now BHVR wants me to play differently and I am not going to play differently. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. These perks were never broken and they functioned the way they did for years until recently.

    I hope queue times to find a lobby as killer will take a huge impact and increase over time. I'm expecting player count drop and interest to play survivor is going to decrease over time.

    After 3130+ hours (Devotion 13) since 2018, I've come to a conclusion that I am uninstalling this game because of developers not nerfing but killing perks. I never thought there would be a day that I would consider giving up playing DbD. This patch marks the day.

    Good luck catering to new comers BHVR. Nothing stays forever. Time for me to move on to something else.

    Note: I'll leave my DbD stats link for those who think I only played survivor because I know there will be claims. (https://dbd-stats.net/profile/76561198090221481)

    Bloody hell you played a lot on both sides, and win a lot, for you and other people that play dbd for a long time... I can't imagine a bit your frustrations with the devs.

    Good luck, out there.

    ... DH for distance was a pain In the...

  • @DbDPlaya said:

    As of (7/19/2022) with the 6.1.0 patch, developers took away how some of us used to play. If you take away something, you should give something back in return. This patch gives nothing but insignificant tweaks here and there. I'm just glad I had the time of my life when the game was fairly new and it was just getting popular. The developers don't even know how to properly execute things.

    Dead Hard did not need a nerf, everyone pretty much knew how to play around it. And if it were to change, it should have never applied Deep Wound status effect. It should have worked like Mettle of Man where it negates the killer hit, gives you speed boost without giving you Deep Wound status effect. Dead Hard was meant to assist the survivor, not turn the screen darker and waste one's time by having to mend. It's not even worth taking up perk slot anymore.

    Spine Chill was completely changed into a useless perk. Its purpose was to give survivor an early warning to getaway (that's at least how I used it). Now it lights up based on terror radius and if the killer has direct line of sight on you. (??? What the hell is the point of that?) On the other hand, Whispers, aka the killer version of Spine Chill remains untouched and works the same way the old Spine Chill did. See the hypocrisy there?

    Iron Will, one of my all time favorite perk has been nerfed because of people insisting not to learn how to play against it but demand an easy solution by modifying the perk.

    Self-Care, a perk that was barely alright-ish if you were playing solo survivor is now completely useless. I can't remember know how many times Self-Care saved my life regardless of when I was playing either solo or in swf. I pulled off so many plays taking a hit, healing myself away from the killer and jumping back in action either to tank another hit for a team mate or to rush for an unhook while being healthy to take a hit after unhooking my team mate. (wasn't much fan of Borrowed Time). Not to mention Self-Care countered Franklin's Demise really good not having to worry about losing a medkit and being unable to heal yourself in case you thought about bringing a medkit.

    These 4 perks were my unchanged perks for many years. Now BHVR wants me to play differently and I am not going to play differently. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. These perks were never broken and they functioned the way they did for years until recently.

    I hope queue times to find a lobby as killer will take a huge impact and increase over time. I'm expecting player count drop and interest to play survivor is going to decrease over time.

    After 3130+ hours (Devotion 13) since 2018, I've come to a conclusion that I am uninstalling this game because of developers not nerfing but killing perks. I never thought there would be a day that I would consider giving up playing DbD. This patch marks the day.

    Good luck catering to new comers BHVR. Nothing stays forever. Time for me to move on to something else.

    Note: I'll leave my DbD stats link for those who think I only played survivor because I know there will be claims. (https://dbd-stats.net/profile/76561198090221481)

    Look man, I understand your frustration I really do. Dead Hard was a staple perk on ALL of my survivors unless I was memeing then I would use Head On. Dead Hard was strong and I am completely on board to nerfing it for the sake of "shaking up the meta" as the developers described it.

    However! If they're going to "shake up the meta" than you need to buff other perks to compensate. Off The Record not even close to replacing DH especially since it's a wasted slot at end game. Spine Chill was NOT buffed despite what many in this very thread keep spewing. If you played with that perk last patch, then played on it this patch you would definitely agree it's a hard nerf and unwarranted. The faster action speed (generator repair, healing, vaulting, etc.) and the fact it was killer directional which made you aware they were coming TO YOU is what made this perk. I don't need to know if the killer is within a radius! I have ears! Nerfing self-care? It was already a hinderance on your teammates if you ran that because of the ridiculously slow healing speed, AND they nerfed healing speed in general!? Why!? It was already slow as a snail! I do not understand the Iron Will nerf either, it really only countered one of the strongest killers in the game (Spirit, not THE strongest but one of). You're still injured leaving blood splatters everywhere.

    Again, I am completely on board with "shaking up the meta" as noted by the developers. Let's ALL use completely different perks and have some fun! I was excited. But then...

    Killer's generator slow down perks are...BUFFED!?!?!? Whaaaatt!? I have played the game since 2016, the moment Ruin was released it has been a generator slow down meta for killers. "ShAkE Up ThE MeTa" by buffing generator slow down perks!? AND increasing generator repair time?

    Ok, ok...I guess I can get on board with that...so long as you give survivors the ability to prolong chases even further without dead hard since that perk is dead now (pun intended). I am definitely up for long chases! Chases are what make this game fun! And long chases ARE THE COUNTER to campers and tunnelers! You want to camp and tunnel that one survivor all game? That's fine, we'll push out these generators and punish that so you get your one and only kill you want so bad.

    Oh yea...they buffed killer vaulting speed now. Again!?

    So let me get this straight...

    1. "Shake up the meta" by nerfing all survivor perks and buffing garbage perks that don't prolong chases which is needed to counter campers/tunnelers.
    2. "Shake up the meta" by buffing generator slow down perks...which were already meta since Ruin was released.
    3. Increase generator repair time. Increase killer vaulting speed. Increase healing time.
    4. Nerf killer perks that were already never used by high ranking killers anyways just to say "we nerfed some killer perks too!".

    ...and DBD has now been uninstalled until you give survivors some very, very much needed love. I will stick to League of Legends for my competitive gameplay (DBD is a party game not a e-sport you sweat lords!). And stick to Slay the Spire, Hearthstone, Fall Guys, etc. for my "for fun game (replacement of DBD). DBD solo survivor is just completely unfun and I play games to have fun, not to win but to have fun.

  • @darksouls3600 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336192/my-personal-feedback-about-latest-patch

    Bloody hell you played a lot on both sides, and win a lot, for you and other people that play dbd for a long time... I can't imagine a bit your frustrations with the devs.

    Good luck, out there.

    ... DH for distance was a pain In the...

    Thank you. Even though I enjoyed survivor more, I had my specific builds for specific killers that I enjoyed a lot like infinite Tier 3 Myers with Fire Up + Bamboozle perk that would make him so fast when it came to vaulting. Or speed limiter Bubba with chainsaw replenish add on and Save the Best for Last perk. It would allow me some great plays because survivors would expect an ordinary Bubba.


    Anyone who had some experience in killer knew how to play around Dead Hard. It was made so much of a big deal for no reason. I haven't booted my game since the update was rolled out. I'm playing other games now.


    @Reshaos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336192/my-personal-feedback-about-latest-patch

    Look man, I understand your frustration I really do. Dead Hard was a staple perk on ALL of my survivors unless I was memeing then I would use Head On. Dead Hard was strong and I am completely on board to nerfing it for the sake of "shaking up the meta" as the developers described it.

    However! If they're going to "shake up the meta" than you need to buff other perks to compensate. Off The Record not even close to replacing DH especially since it's a wasted slot at end game. Spine Chill was NOT buffed despite what many in this very thread keep spewing. If you played with that perk last patch, then played on it this patch you would definitely agree it's a hard nerf and unwarranted. The faster action speed (generator repair, healing, vaulting, etc.) and the fact it was killer directional which made you aware they were coming TO YOU is what made this perk. I don't need to know if the killer is within a radius! I have ears! Nerfing self-care? It was already a hinderance on your teammates if you ran that because of the ridiculously slow healing speed, AND they nerfed healing speed in general!? Why!? It was already slow as a snail! I do not understand the Iron Will nerf either, it really only countered one of the strongest killers in the game (Spirit, not THE strongest but one of). You're still injured leaving blood splatters everywhere.

    Again, I am completely on board with "shaking up the meta" as noted by the developers. Let's ALL use completely different perks and have some fun! I was excited. But then...

    Killer's generator slow down perks are...BUFFED!?!?!? Whaaaatt!? I have played the game since 2016, the moment Ruin was released it has been a generator slow down meta for killers. "ShAkE Up ThE MeTa" by buffing generator slow down perks!? AND increasing generator repair time?

    Ok, ok...I guess I can get on board with that...so long as you give survivors the ability to prolong chases even further without dead hard since that perk is dead now (pun intended). I am definitely up for long chases! Chases are what make this game fun! And long chases ARE THE COUNTER to campers and tunnelers! You want to camp and tunnel that one survivor all game? That's fine, we'll push out these generators and punish that so you get your one and only kill you want so bad.

    Oh yea...they buffed killer vaulting speed now. Again!?

    So let me get this straight...

    1. "Shake up the meta" by nerfing all survivor perks and buffing garbage perks that don't prolong chases which is needed to counter campers/tunnelers.
    2. "Shake up the meta" by buffing generator slow down perks...which were already meta since Ruin was released.
    3. Increase generator repair time. Increase killer vaulting speed. Increase healing time.
    4. Nerf killer perks that were already never used by high ranking killers anyways just to say "we nerfed some killer perks too!".

    ...and DBD has now been uninstalled until you give survivors some very, very much needed love. I will stick to League of Legends for my competitive gameplay (DBD is a party game not a e-sport you sweat lords!). And stick to Slay the Spire, Hearthstone, Fall Guys, etc. for my "for fun game (replacement of DBD). DBD solo survivor is just completely unfun and I play games to have fun, not to win but to have fun.

    I agree with everything you've said except the ultimate Dead Hard nerf. It didn't need that much of a change. Every experienced killer pretty much knew how to play around it.

    I'm also playing online PvP races on Forza Horizon 5 and Dying Light 2 with my friends in co-op. Haven't looked back at DbD once since the update was rolled out.

  • Dead hard didn't need a nerf?

    Everyone was using it! If this is not the sign of a perk that is WAY ABOVE the others i dunno...

  • @DbDPlaya said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3109637#Comment_3109637

    Thank you. Even though I enjoyed survivor more, I had my specific builds for specific killers that I enjoyed a lot like infinite Tier 3 Myers with Fire Up + Bamboozle perk that would make him so fast when it came to vaulting. Or speed limiter Bubba with chainsaw replenish add on and Save the Best for Last perk. It would allow me some great plays because survivors would expect an ordinary Bubba.

    Anyone who had some experience in killer knew how to play around Dead Hard. It was made so much of a big deal for no reason. I haven't booted my game since the update was rolled out. I'm playing other games now.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3109846#Comment_3109846

    I agree with everything you've said except the ultimate Dead Hard nerf. It didn't need that much of a change. Every experienced killer pretty much knew how to play around it.

    I'm also playing online PvP races on Forza Horizon 5 and Dying Light 2 with my friends in co-op. Haven't looked back at DbD once since the update was rolled out.

    DBD now is... Well... the waiting time to find a killer match is very bad, yesterday I played for an hour or an hour and a half, maybe 2 hours, I only managed to do 4 matches, we wait 5, 10 and even 15 minutes depending on the time , I'm an average killer, I can play very well or very bad and if I play really bad... boom a game that lasted 5 min and I'm waiting 10 min for the next one, I'm playing DBD very little too, I play more other things , Elden Ring, Star Wars fallen order, overwatch.

  • @Zolfo16 said:

    Dead hard didn't need a nerf?

    Everyone was using it! If this is not the sign of a perk that is WAY ABOVE the others i dunno...

    Do you like the current state of the game now though? I'd rather have a rollback and keep enjoying the game.


    @darksouls3600 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3111889#Comment_3111889

    DBD now is... Well... the waiting time to find a killer match is very bad, yesterday I played for an hour or an hour and a half, maybe 2 hours, I only managed to do 4 matches, we wait 5, 10 and even 15 minutes depending on the time , I'm an average killer, I can play very well or very bad and if I play really bad... boom a game that lasted 5 min and I'm waiting 10 min for the next one, I'm playing DBD very little too, I play more other things , Elden Ring, Star Wars fallen order, overwatch.

    Untitled.jpg

    The chart doesn't lie.

  • "Do you like the current state of the game now though? I'd rather have a rollback and keep enjoying the game."

    I sure prefer this situation even if i didn't liked all the changes.

    They killed Pop and Spine Chill, which were a perks i really liked, but i was bored to face 3.5 Dead hard every match. I prefer to lose those perks and have a more manageable DH.

    And i still meet a lot of DH, a lot of players keep using it because it is still good even thou not OP, but now i see also lithe, i see sprint, i see balanced. Were those perks bad? NO! But they were not at the same god level od DH!

    If you start with "DH didn't need a nerf" you are a fanboy! The palyerbase is reacting negative? Sure, it always happen when you break the toys of the kids. The kids cry.

    Then some of them leave crying and some other learn to play with other toys.

  • @DbDPlaya said:

    As of (7/19/2022) with the 6.1.0 patch, developers took away how some of us used to play. If you take away something, you should give something back in return. This patch gives nothing but insignificant tweaks here and there. I'm just glad I had the time of my life when the game was fairly new and it was just getting popular. The developers don't even know how to properly execute things.

    Dead Hard did not need a nerf, everyone pretty much knew how to play around it. And if it were to change, it should have never applied Deep Wound status effect. It should have worked like Mettle of Man where it negates the killer hit, gives you speed boost without giving you Deep Wound status effect. Dead Hard was meant to assist the survivor, not turn the screen darker and waste one's time by having to mend. It's not even worth taking up perk slot anymore.

    Spine Chill was completely changed into a useless perk. Its purpose was to give survivor an early warning to getaway (that's at least how I used it). Now it lights up based on terror radius and if the killer has direct line of sight on you. (??? What the hell is the point of that?) On the other hand, Whispers, aka the killer version of Spine Chill remains untouched and works the same way the old Spine Chill did. See the hypocrisy there?

    Iron Will, one of my all time favorite perk has been nerfed because of people insisting not to learn how to play against it but demand an easy solution by modifying the perk.

    Self-Care, a perk that was barely alright-ish if you were playing solo survivor is now completely useless. I can't remember know how many times Self-Care saved my life regardless of when I was playing either solo or in swf. I pulled off so many plays taking a hit, healing myself away from the killer and jumping back in action either to tank another hit for a team mate or to rush for an unhook while being healthy to take a hit after unhooking my team mate. (wasn't much fan of Borrowed Time). Not to mention Self-Care countered Franklin's Demise really good not having to worry about losing a medkit and being unable to heal yourself in case you thought about bringing a medkit.

    These 4 perks were my unchanged perks for many years. Now BHVR wants me to play differently and I am not going to play differently. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. These perks were never broken and they functioned the way they did for years until recently.

    I hope queue times to find a lobby as killer will take a huge impact and increase over time. I'm expecting player count drop and interest to play survivor is going to decrease over time.

    After 3130+ hours (Devotion 13) since 2018, I've come to a conclusion that I am uninstalling this game because of developers not nerfing but killing perks. I never thought there would be a day that I would consider giving up playing DbD. This patch marks the day.

    Good luck catering to new comers BHVR. Nothing stays forever. Time for me to move on to something else.

    Note: I'll leave my DbD stats link for those who think I only played survivor because I know there will be claims. (https://dbd-stats.net/profile/76561198090221481)

    The truth is, I would like to continue reading your opinion, if it weren't for the fact that you said that Dead Hard didn't need a nerf, unfortunately the people I usually find saying that don't change their point of view, so what a shame.

1 2 ›