My only problem with Nurse

I know there are a lot of Nurse haters,

and as far as Nurse being ballanced there is one thing that stops her from doing so.


Nurse doesn't need add-ons,

yet she can equip them and become even stronger.


Devs could just nerf the add-ons, so that bringing them only gives a slight advantage and not 4x longer blink or same blink range on 1/4 of a charge time..


The Iredescent ones could be unchanged or have more interesting effect. Wait what does her iri add-on do? Does she even have one?

Comments

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084665#Comment_3084665

    Your answer is. Some of the maps are way too ######### big, and her range is fine for now. Basekit nurse is nothing but trickster on something like mothers dwelling, eyrie, etc. To act like that's not the case is just being ignorant about it.

    I can hit my blinks. With or without range and the speed it grants. It's far from a crutch. I'm realistic about what needs done in DBD. Basekit nurse traversal is not ok on quite a few maps. Sadly the side effect of distance being neccesary. Is that it makes her a little to strong on the maps that her basekit is actually ok on

    You mean by necessary that you can't get 4k without range add-ons or you're saying that Nurse is weak killer?

    Because to me it sounds like if Nurse can't 4k she isn't viable..

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078779#Comment_3078779

    I take it you're not that good at nurse if you think she needs add-ons. -shrug-

    She does need addons if you play a map which is big and has multi floors, your knowledge clearly isn't that big.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085031#Comment_3085031

    You can have whatever win condition you want. But I want games where 12 hooks is the goal with a 4k if I play well....People hate camping and tunneling, right ? Well I want to give 12 separate chases to the best of my ability

    I'm sorry, but you're not traversing maps like mothers dwelling, eyrie, temple, etc etc AND giving 12 chases with basekit nurse.

    Nobody does 12 chases,

    if you can do 12 chases and get nearly 4k than some tunneling Tom gets 4k every game just because he plays the same killer and add-ons

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085031#Comment_3085031

    You can have whatever win condition you want. But I want games where 12 hooks is the goal with a 4k if I play well....People hate camping and tunneling, right ? Well I want to give 12 separate chases to the best of my ability

    I'm sorry, but you're not traversing maps like mothers dwelling, eyrie, temple, etc etc AND giving 12 chases with basekit nurse.

    Since I'm almost never using add-ons, it's a fact that on these maps I go for a four-slug (unless the survivors aren't good).

    The worst case scenario is when I cannot hook after that, thanks to the oh so wonderful hook distribution.

    Big maps are the worst.

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085817#Comment_3085817

    Nobody does 12 chases,

    if you can do 12 chases and get nearly 4k than some tunneling Tom gets 4k every game just because he plays the same killer and add-ons

    Nobody? You are kidding right?

  • My problem with Nurse is that Nurse still exists for some reason

  • I am by no means a nurse main, but I would agree that the long range teleport you can put on her provides too much pressure. If they had it to where the addon instead let you 'overcharge' the blink for extra distance, after which you wouldn't be able to attack because of an overcharge fatigue debuff, that would make it balanced. It would give players time to react to nurse suddenly appearing rather than getting downed out of nowhere like I had happen when I played nurse, while also letting her have the insane map mobility I like about the addon.

  • @WeaverReaver42 said:

    I am by no means a nurse main, but I would agree that the long range teleport you can put on her provides too much pressure. If they had it to where the addon instead let you 'overcharge' the blink for extra distance, after which you wouldn't be able to attack because of an overcharge fatigue debuff, that would make it balanced. It would give players time to react to nurse suddenly appearing rather than getting downed out of nowhere like I had happen when I played nurse, while also letting her have the insane map mobility I like about the addon.

    or, the range add ons could be just nerfed and reach less further?

    ok, show me a video of someone doing 12 hooks 9 games in a row

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078779#Comment_3078779

    I take it you're not that good at nurse if you think she needs add-ons. -shrug-

    I’m a 3k hour nurse main. She 100% needs addons to be competitive against any good survivor. I would gladly challenge any Nurse “main” without addons on this forum. You won’t catch me.

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090031#Comment_3090031

    or, the range add ons could be just nerfed and reach less further?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090020#Comment_3090020

    ok, show me a video of someone doing 12 hooks 9 games in a row

    You said "nobody does 12 chases". Where that "9 in a row" comes from? It feels like you are moving the goalpost.

    Most of my games I get 12 chases, sometimes less, sometimes more (because, you know, good jukes)

    Twelve hooks are pretty common though.

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090031#Comment_3090031

    or, the range add ons could be just nerfed and reach less further?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090020#Comment_3090020

    ok, show me a video of someone doing 12 hooks 9 games in a row

    ((TLDR: I feel like taking something and leaving nurse with less is a bit much, especially when the add-on could be made to change up her playstyle to make going against her less of the same thing over and over)

    I don't like the idea of taking something and giving nothing in return, not to mention not having range defeats the purpose of the perk from what I experienced. How I see the perk is giving you a long ranged option. The problem with that is how strong having long range is when you can attack not long afterward, giving map control and pressure at very little effort. If you both couldn't attack after an 'overcharged blink' and the fatigue was longer from the overcharge then it would give survivors much more agency in the exchange and lessen the pressure on survivor health while keeping the presence at the area (and that's not even mentioning that the extra fatigue might give survivor time to escape if there were a longer blink cooldown as an additional downside). There aren't enough killers where you can know where someone is across the map and do anything about it. Blight and MAYBE huntress being the exceptions. I don't mind having little to no kill potential at long range, that makes sense, but taking away her potential to scare survivors off of gens and not giving anything back feels a bit unfair. Granted this is about bringing nurse down to better levels, so I will grant you that it might not be enough, but I think the idea of making it to alter how her power can be used rather than just a simple and small buff has merit. Look at some of her spasmodic breath, you give up teleport potential after a hit for boosted speed making it to where you go in for a sudden attack and then chase them down rather than keep blinking.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084974#Comment_3084974

    I’m a 3k hour nurse main. She 100% needs addons to be competitive against any good survivor. I would gladly challenge any Nurse “main” without addons on this forum. You won’t catch me.

    Assuming that all players are as good as you is the exact reason why devs are scared to change killers like Nurse..

    @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090874#Comment_3090874

    You said "nobody does 12 chases". Where that "9 in a row" comes from? It feels like you are moving the goalpost.

    Most of my games I get 12 chases, sometimes less, sometimes more (because, you know, good jukes)

    Twelve hooks are pretty common though.

    Twelve hooks common? Are you playing against bots?

    @WeaverReaver42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090874#Comment_3090874

    ((TLDR: I feel like taking something and leaving nurse with less is a bit much, especially when the add-on could be made to change up her playstyle to make going against her less of the same thing over and over)

    I don't like the idea of taking something and giving nothing in return, not to mention not having range defeats the purpose of the perk from what I experienced. How I see the perk is giving you a long ranged option. The problem with that is how strong having long range is when you can attack not long afterward, giving map control and pressure at very little effort. If you both couldn't attack after an 'overcharged blink' and the fatigue was longer from the overcharge then it would give survivors much more agency in the exchange and lessen the pressure on survivor health while keeping the presence at the area (and that's not even mentioning that the extra fatigue might give survivor time to escape if there were a longer blink cooldown as an additional downside). There aren't enough killers where you can know where someone is across the map and do anything about it. Blight and MAYBE huntress being the exceptions. I don't mind having little to no kill potential at long range, that makes sense, but taking away her potential to scare survivors off of gens and not giving anything back feels a bit unfair. Granted this is about bringing nurse down to better levels, so I will grant you that it might not be enough, but I think the idea of making it to alter how her power can be used rather than just a simple and small buff has merit. Look at some of her spasmodic breath, you give up teleport potential after a hit for boosted speed making it to where you go in for a sudden attack and then chase them down rather than keep blinking.

    You don't like taking something and not giving something in return? So if a character is overpowered and you would be a developer, you would nerf it and then buff it somewhere else, keeping it overpowered?

    @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3089979#Comment_3089979

    Ummmm. I always aim for 12 hook games. Does it always happen ? Of course not. It's always the goal though

    Yeah but you are not the majority, so even if you strictly every single game aim for 12 hooks, that doesn't mean "everyone" does that..

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090886#Comment_3090886

    Assuming that all players are as good as you is the exact reason why devs are scared to change killers like Nurse..

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090893#Comment_3090893

    Twelve hooks common? Are you playing against bots?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090920#Comment_3090920

    You don't like taking something and not giving something in return? So if a character is overpowered and you would be a developer, you would nerf it and then buff it somewhere else, keeping it overpowered?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090928#Comment_3090928

    Yeah but you are not the majority, so even if you strictly every single game aim for 12 hooks, that doesn't mean "everyone" does that..

    The only way this question makes sense is if 12 hooks are a extremely rare in your games.

    Maybe it'll come. I've past the 10k sacrifices threshold a couple of months ago, if it helps.

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090886#Comment_3090886

    Assuming that all players are as good as you is the exact reason why devs are scared to change killers like Nurse..

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090893#Comment_3090893

    Twelve hooks common? Are you playing against bots?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090920#Comment_3090920

    You don't like taking something and not giving something in return? So if a character is overpowered and you would be a developer, you would nerf it and then buff it somewhere else, keeping it overpowered?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090928#Comment_3090928

    Yeah but you are not the majority, so even if you strictly every single game aim for 12 hooks, that doesn't mean "everyone" does that..

    That’s kind of my point though…. I’m not good at the game because i’m god’s gift to dbd; it’s because I play a lot. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect other players to play and learn.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3095310#Comment_3095310

    The only way this question makes sense is if 12 hooks are a extremely rare in your games.

    Maybe it'll come. I've past the 10k sacrifices threshold a couple of months ago, if it helps.

    I've passed 10k sarcifices couple of "years ago" if THAT helps.


    @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3095310#Comment_3095310

    That’s kind of my point though…. I’m not good at the game because i’m god’s gift to dbd; it’s because I play a lot. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect other players to play and learn.

    I also don't expect players to main Nurse, but still,

    a bad Nurse is still arguably better if range add-ons equipped.

1 2 ›