Solo Q pain, thanataphobia, legion & plaq are now excuses for frustrated Survivors ?

yo,

Of course, some perks and perk combinations work differently and well with certain killers. But this is nothing new?

Before the update no one complained about such combinations and now suddenly these combos are op? You guys have really lost your minds in my opinion.

Seriously, I read nothing but complaints. Before it was Ruin, BBQ and so on.... now most realize it has become more strenuous and not soooo ez as it was with DH.

Solo Q pain ? No way! That SWF is easier we know though but, I've been playing solo only for over 7000 hours and have had many good experiences. Yes, there are games that are good and some that are bad, but that's normal and part of it?

Déjà vu? Overzealous, Prove Thyself & Resilience those are just a couple of perks for example that actually increase speed in contrast.

Have you forgotten that? Funnily enough, no Survivor says anything about it, does it?

I just think these are all excuses and most people are frustrated because DH is not as strong anymore, gen time was increased by 10 seconds and thana was buffed by 2%....

and now blame everything on legion and plaq....

no, sry that's just annoying.

Comments

  • It's not as black and white as that

    Personally speaking I'm not frustrated, I just don't think having two killers who 'force' you to be injured all game (Which in of itself could be considered slowdown since faster chases, esp without DH) should also have the ability to make generators take upwards of 115 to 130+ seconds.

    I say 'force' because you CAN heal, but it wastes even more time/gives them a super oppressive power

    And yeah I could dedicate my build to gen repair speed, but that's equally as boring is it not? Faster gens = More boring game for the killer. Are you sure you want to encourage people to do that?

  • Sorry cant run those gen perks, my build is already full of perks to help me with solo q.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    It's not as black and white as that

    Personally speaking I'm not frustrated, I just don't think having two killers who 'force' you to be injured all game (Which in of itself could be considered slowdown since faster chases, esp without DH) should also have the ability to make generators take upwards of 115 to 130+ seconds.

    I say 'force' because you CAN heal, but it wastes even more time/gives them a super oppressive power

    And yeah I could dedicate my build to gen repair speed, but that's equally as boring is it not? Faster gens = More boring game for the killer. Are you sure you want to encourage people to do that?

    As I wrote in another post. Is thanataphobia a good antidote to other survival benefits.....

    Oh, and I haven't mentioned BNP's and toolkits yet...

  • @PNgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3071566#Comment_3071566

    As I wrote in another post. Is thanataphobia a good antidote to other survival benefits.....

    Oh, and I haven't mentioned BNP's and toolkits yet...

    This isn't a war

    We shouldn't go

    "Well such and such is fine because xyz on the other side exists"


    Like, by that logic you could go "Well SWF is okay because Nurse exists, therefore SWF is fine."

    It's circular logic my guy.

  • There is no universe in which 164 second gens are ok. That is not even remotely healthy game design

  • @PNgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3071566#Comment_3071566

    As I wrote in another post. Is thanataphobia a good antidote to other survival benefits.....

    Oh, and I haven't mentioned BNP's and toolkits yet...

    If I can recall brand new parts have been bugged for like 2 months and don't do anything

  • I know this won't see enough people but DO NOT HEAL/CLEANSE VS THESE KILLERS.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3071591#Comment_3071591

    This isn't a war

    We shouldn't go

    "Well such and such is fine because xyz on the other side exists"

    Like, by that logic you could go "Well SWF is okay because Nurse exists, therefore SWF is fine."

    It's circular logic my guy.

    a poor example mate. Why not say black and white ?

  • @tendyhands said:

    I know this won't see enough people but DO NOT HEAL/CLEANSE VS THESE KILLERS.

    Well, there are pros and cons to that. As a survivor, I always clean against the plaq ( cause im solo @ safety first )

  • Not really?

    You're essentially saying: "Thana is fine because BNPs and prove thyself exist" Right?

    It's the same logic and it works both ways.

    "Well BNPS and prove are fine because thana exists"

  • It is time for the We’ll Make It gamers to rise.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3071623#Comment_3071623

    Not really?

    You're essentially saying: "Thana is fine because BNPs and prove thyself exist" Right?

    It's the same logic and it works both ways.

    "Well BNPS and prove are fine because thana exists"

    Just to be clear. I did not say thana is fine. I said that Thana is a good answer and that is a difference

  • @PNgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3071641#Comment_3071641

    Just to be clear. I did not say thana is fine. I said that Thana is a good answer and that is a difference

    Ah, a misunderstanding on my part then I apologise

    But I think my overall point still stands that when discussing things we shouldn't treat it like it's some kind of war yk

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3071686#Comment_3071686

    Ah, a misunderstanding on my part then I apologise

    But I think my overall point still stands that when discussing things we shouldn't treat it like it's some kind of war yk

    thats true and i agree with that

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    Why are you even defending this.

    Under NO circumstances should generators take over 164 seconds.

    Honestly don't blame anyone who DCs against this, it's absolutely miserable.

    Roughly speaking, to achieve this (in the worst case), no toolbox may be used and all 4 survivors must be injured at the same time.

    A killer has to achieve that first and it cost also time and many forget that. (just saying)

  • @PNgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3071671#Comment_3071671

    Roughly speaking, to achieve this (in the worst case), no toolbox may be used and all 4 survivors must be injured at the same time.

    A killer has to achieve that first and it cost also time and many forget that. (just saying)

    It's not that hard to get the whole team infected as plague if you have a bit of game sense

    Plus it's not like the perk only works when 4 people are injured, it continually ramps up. It essentially punishes everyone passively

  • @Brokenbones said:

    It's not as black and white as that

    Personally speaking I'm not frustrated, I just don't think having two killers who 'force' you to be injured all game (Which in of itself could be considered slowdown since faster chases, esp without DH) should also have the ability to make generators take upwards of 115 to 130+ seconds.

    I say 'force' because you CAN heal, but it wastes even more time/gives them a super oppressive power

    And yeah I could dedicate my build to gen repair speed, but that's equally as boring is it not? Faster gens = More boring game for the killer. Are you sure you want to encourage people to do that?

    But nothing has changed about the killers themselves, they already deincentivised healing as a matter of course, now it’s just slightly more prominent? So what’s the issue? That DH isn’t a get out of jail free card anymore? I just don’t understand the issues besides “it’s harder to play survivor now like it always should have been and I am upset because I don’t want to get better.”?

  • Oh good, I suck at looping half-decent Clowns, so now I can blame Legion with Thana.

    Wait, I think I have this figured out wrong...

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3071720#Comment_3071720

    It's not that hard to get the whole team infected as plague if you have a bit of game sense

    Plus it's not like the perk only works when 4 people are injured, it continually ramps up. It essentially punishes everyone passively

    But this is nothing new and already existed before the update ?

  • @PNgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3071615#Comment_3071615

    Well, there are pros and cons to that. As a survivor, I always clean against the plaq ( cause im solo @ safety first )

    Well thank you for helping the plague kill your team faster. What a great player. Luckily my mmr is probably high enough I should never see you in a game.

  • These aren't excuses. Of course some people here are exaggerating a lot, but that's never been different. But there are certainly potential frustrations that people can and should voice.

    Especially camping and tunneling not being nerfed. Canping in particular, which has even been buffed.

    Certain perks I also see problematic. Thana and Eruption are overbuffed, and perks like Self Care are now so bad it's not even funny. BHVR will definitely need to follow up with some survivor buffs, especially against camping and tunneling, if they want queue times to stay good on both sides. That's at least my prediction.

  • @Vetrathene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3071566#Comment_3071566

    But nothing has changed about the killers themselves, they already deincentivised healing as a matter of course, now it’s just slightly more prominent? So what’s the issue? That DH isn’t a get out of jail free card anymore? I just don’t understand the issues besides “it’s harder to play survivor now like it always should have been and I am upset because I don’t want to get better.”?

    Well, you brought up DH not me. I'm glad the perk got nerfed

    "More prominent" Yes, in more ways than one

    90s gens, which means % based slowdown perks are more prominent

    On top of that, they buffed two perks that applied % based penalties


    Also it's funny, you talk about DH being a get out of jail card (It was) but at the same time you're confused why ppl are annoyed that gens are taking 100+ seconds, because the killer brought a perk that rewards these two killers for just using their power. There's no skill to using Thana on these killers, because it's counterplay is counter-intuitiive against them

    I'd hesitate to call it a lose/lose, but

    It kind of is?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    There is no universe in which 164 second gens are ok. That is not even remotely healthy game design

    But survivors have strong stuff too!/s

  • People were already complaining before the update about them with those perks. With this patch they've nerfed Survivor perks that could counter them as well as made gens take longer so those killers are more unfun to go against.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3071743#Comment_3071743

    Well, you brought up DH not me. I'm glad the perk got nerfed

    "More prominent" Yes, in more ways than one

    90s gens, which means % based slowdown perks are more prominent

    On top of that, they buffed two perks that applied % based penalties

    Also it's funny, you talk about DH being a get out of jail card (It was) but at the same time you're confused why ppl are annoyed that gens are taking 100+ seconds, because the killer brought a perk that rewards these two killers for just using their power. There's no skill to using Thana on these killers, because it's counterplay is counter-intuitiive against them

    I'd hesitate to call it a lose/lose, but

    It kind of is?

    Fair enough on the DH, I did bring that up. And yes, slowdown is stronger now, but again, it’s not insurmountable, and in comparison is nothing compared to old forever Freddy. And if you want tha a nerfed that’s fine with me, I don’t use it on legion, it’s never given me enough bang for the buck, and I still feel that way even after the change.

  • I can't believe the top 5 survivor perks got nerfed so hard that you can't even use them and noed gets a minor nerf. What a world. Everyone: "dead hard nerf seem fair, it's a lot worse but it's fair". BHVR: "uhhh we want to make sure nobody uses it, make it . 5 seconds".

  • @Vetrathene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3071764#Comment_3071764

    Fair enough on the DH, I did bring that up. And yes, slowdown is stronger now, but again, it’s not insurmountable, and in comparison is nothing compared to old forever Freddy. And if you want tha a nerfed that’s fine with me, I don’t use it on legion, it’s never given me enough bang for the buck, and I still feel that way even after the change.

    I respect your opinion obviously

    It's just

    With the current meta having so much stall + these two killers I think it's a little bit too much. My solo Q games already felt much longer without any of this. (Which I'm not complaining about they were closer games and I had fun)

    I just don't enjoy spending 100+ seconds doing a single gen.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    Oh good, I suck at looping half-decent Clowns, so now I can blame Legion with Thana.

    Wait, I think I have this figured out wrong...

    cmon....