Why Self Care?

This is a PSA for all the solos that bring Self Care and haven't thought of this. A good alternative is to bring a med kit with at least one charge add on and bring Built to Last.

As an example, with an emergency med kit with the gel add ons and bandages that's 40 charges; so 2.5 heals with a 50% buff. Built to Last will take 12 seconds per use and give you approximately 39 charges back on the first use and 26 charges on the second (unless you have 48 charges to begin with forget the third since it gives you less than a full heal.

So, for a 24 second investment, you get up to 105 charges (roughly 6.5 heals) with a 50% speed buff instead of Self Care's abysmal speed debuff. Are you really going to need more than 6 Self heals?

Downsides are Franklin's really hurts and you can't bring any items but a med kit if you want to heal.

However, since I'm presuming a lot more players now have a P3 Felix Richter, this is a good alternative to bringing Self Care.

Comments

  • I'd also like to suggest Streetwise, for players who would prefer levelling Nea over Felix for whatever reason.

    Item Efficiency + Medkit + Charge addons, that's a pretty reliable set of heals right there.

    Self-Care has always been a bad pick unless it's part of a medkit build, and you can't do that anymore. It's a good idea to look at your myriad of other options.

  • Already saw a claudette self caring after the update and I just gave up on hook.

  • I do not play with items or add ons. So self care it is.

  • I'm still using SC and BK and doing fine since the update.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    I do not play with items or add ons. So self care it is.

    Inner Strength exists. COH exists.

  • COH and new Botany knowledge is basically old COH. Self care takes way too long to justify using it now. Especially with so many killers running sloppy/hemorrhage add-ons now.

  • @jesterkind said:

    I'd also like to suggest Streetwise, for players who would prefer levelling Nea over Felix for whatever reason.

    Item Efficiency + Medkit + Charge addons, that's a pretty reliable set of heals right there.

    Self-Care has always been a bad pick unless it's part of a medkit build, and you can't do that anymore. It's a good idea to look at your myriad of other options.

    "I'd also like to suggest Streetwise, for players who would prefer levelling Nea over Felix for whatever reason."

    Chads.

  • Rank 1 Self-Caring against Sloppy Butcher. Easy life ๐Ÿ˜Ž