End of lagswitchers/cheaters of any kind
My wishlist for christmas is simple af:
- Get more control on Lagswitching killers, facecampers and tunnelers.
If that is the way to win a game, they should stop..
But I start to believe that the dev's can't find out a good way for dedicated servers, and start taking control on things that are happening for years now..
Comments
Camping and tunnelling are supported play styles by the devs so good luck with that.
Saying that, we do need dedicated servers, if Death Garden can get them, why not DBD since it actually has a larger player base.
Like every game I guess...
Yes indeed about the servers... is it because of budgets? too lazy to invest time ? I don't know..
I would most likely guess budget and resources, but I am not a dev so not exactly sure.
Budget and time. It requires a complete restructuring of the game's code (since it's made for P2P). It'd likely introduce massive amounts of bugs as well.
I didn't realize DBD had some many network programmers. In all seriousness, it's a huge undertaking for a game built around P2P whereas Deathgarden was built around dedicated servers from the start. It would surely introduce a whole new plethora of bugs and we wouldn't get any new content for a while which would lead to the people complaining now about servers would be complaining about the bugs.
If you read above, I stated the issue would be budget and resources. My initial point was if they made death garden around servers, I wonder why they did not initially with DBD.
Because nobody expected DbD to be a big success. The publisher gave them a relatively small budget and time constraints, so they had to make do with what they had. Dedicated servers would've been too costly.
Well, it is.. because it is something different from what games these days are
Yeah, now it is. At the time, nobody could see it coming, so the game had a small budget.