Have they stealthed nerf the hatch noise for killers?

Because it seems super hard to hear it these days unless you're like 5 meters away, I used to be able to hear it from like 15-20 meters?

Comments

  • I did not notice any change.

  • And another thing I've noticed as the killer the hatch sound only appears to sound when I'm looking in it's direction and not surround sound anymore.

  • I've not personally noticed any difference - I can hear it when I'm not looking at it, too.

  • Could be a headset thing. I tend to hear the sound and direction of the hatch before survivors that are near me do.

  • @Remedicist said:

    Could be a headset thing. I tend to hear the sound and direction of the hatch before survivors that are near me do.

    It's not a headset thing I've done it with air pods pro and also a gaming head set, if I'm not looking in it's direction I cant hear it.

    Like an heat-seeking missiles seeker trying to find a heat source when it's outside of it's FOV it can't "see" it.

  • I’ve noticed zero difference.

  • @MilManson said:

    And another thing I've noticed as the killer the hatch sound only appears to sound when I'm looking in it's direction and not surround sound anymore.

    I thought I've gone crazy! I have that issue also

  • Glad to know because I used to be able to pin point it super easy and now if I'm scanning around fast I can't hear it anymore unless I move slowly and don't look around as much with my mouse.

    I can hear it from a mile away as survivor still which is why I made the post.

  • Are you on pc? Maybe your audio settings have changed or it could just be a bug.

    I don't have that issue whether I'm using a headset or pods.

  • stop breathing

    stop thinking

    close your eyes

    become one with the hatch