Whispers is broken

I was FAR away from the open gate from where the two last Survivors escaped and that´s not 25m nor 32m. It would trigger BBQ easily. The perk is lit the whole freaking time it´s useless.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Comments

  • You should probably put this post in bug reports instead of general discussions.

  • @Chordyceps said:

    You should probably put this post in bug reports instead of general discussions.

    No one cares, if they cared this wouldn´t be broken at random YEARS after the game is online, plus, it´s such a simple mechanic that it makes no sense for this to be bugged. I could understand other bugs but Whispers? No, this should work flawlessly.

  • Whispers range is 48 to 32 meters depending on the level. Where are you getting 25 meters?

  • @TheLastHook said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3065504#Comment_3065504

    No one cares, if they cared this wouldn´t be broken at random YEARS after the game is online, plus, it´s such a simple mechanic that it makes no sense for this to be bugged. I could understand other bugs but Whispers? No, this should work flawlessly.

    You've never worked in game dev of any kind have you? ######### that you would never expect to cause an issue can cause issues for things you wouldnt expect it to effect for seemingly no reason sometimes.

  • @Chordyceps said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3065510#Comment_3065510

    You've never worked in game dev of any kind have you? ######### that you would never expect to cause an issue can cause issues for things you wouldnt expect it to effect for seemingly no reason sometimes.

    I have.

  • @dugman said:

    Whispers range is 48 to 32 meters depending on the level. Where are you getting 25 meters?

    Whispers´´´ aka purple, I use it in 99% of my builds. I have noted recently that in matches it was lit 100% of time which I found odd, but also, the fact that sometimes it stays lit near someone that disconnected and/or died on the hook is also super problematic.

  • @TheLastHook said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3065526#Comment_3065526

    Whispers´´´ aka purple, I use it in 99% of my builds. I have noted recently that in matches it was lit 100% of time which I found odd, but also, the fact that sometimes it stays lit near someone that disconnected and/or died on the hook is also super problematic.

    I'll take you're word for it, I've never had Whispers stay perpetually lit in my games. 🤷‍♂️ (I'm still not sure why you said "25 meters"? Whispers rank 3 is 32 meters.)

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3065553#Comment_3065553

    I'll take you're word for it, I've never had Whispers stay perpetually lit in my games. 🤷‍♂️

    Yeah man, sometimes I wonder I am crazy or what with that, like you know 4 Survivors can be everywhere but man... the whole freaking time even from the start does not make much sense.

    This last game I was in the opposite gate in a large enough map, the distance from Gate to Gate should not be covered by Whispers... yet two Survivors escaped and Whispers was lit.

    The bug with people that DC and then Whispers is still active (or even you can hear their screams) is totally confirmed. The other behaviours does not always happen.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'm gonna take the easy guess and say that this and Sadako's TV bug (playing the video near where survivors died) are related. Whatever flags this type of position-based detection to work isn't being unflagged when a survivor dies.

    I wonder if you could get a perk like Streetwise, Vigil, or Leader to proc off of a dead survivor?

    I was Nurse iir, so I don´t think so, no. I don´t have Sadako anyway.

  • @TheLastHook said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3065504#Comment_3065504

    No one cares, if they cared this wouldn´t be broken at random YEARS after the game is online, plus, it´s such a simple mechanic that it makes no sense for this to be bugged. I could understand other bugs but Whispers? No, this should work flawlessly.

    If no one reports it can you blame the Devs for not fixing it?

  • @TheLastHook said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3065504#Comment_3065504

    No one cares, if they cared this wouldn´t be broken at random YEARS after the game is online, plus, it´s such a simple mechanic that it makes no sense for this to be bugged. I could understand other bugs but Whispers? No, this should work flawlessly.

    If no one cares, then why are you making an entire post about it? If it's a bug then report it as such.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3065610#Comment_3065610

    No, I'm saying Sadako's TVs also have a mechanic similar to Whispers where they play a video tape when a survivor is nearby, and they're bugged to proc off of dead survivors right now. I'm guessing that both Whispers allegedly being broken and Sadako's TVs are the same bug.

    that wouldn't surprise me, and would make a lot of sense. I remember when Survivors would leave dying sounds on the hook a while back, I straight up lost matches chasing dead survivors lmao

  • @Phantom_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3065510#Comment_3065510

    If no one cares, then why are you making an entire post about it? If it's a bug then report it as such.

    For other Killers to verify and eventually drop the perk if it is malfunctioning. Since devs don't seem to care as much with reports for cheating or bugs unless they are so obvious and exploited that they get forced to check.

  • @TheLastHook said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3066287#Comment_3066287

    For other Killers to verify and eventually drop the perk if it is malfunctioning. Since devs don't seem to care as much with reports for cheating or bugs unless they are so obvious and exploited that they get forced to check.

    ok it'd still be nice if you reported it and recorded a video that the perk is not working correctly, would actually be more helpful than just saying "nO onE cArEs" there could be bugs that the devs are unaware of.