Why do they insult at the end of the game?

When I don't tunnel, don't do camping, don't play the strongest killer, don't use meta perks (which i have) at the end of the game I get insulted for not getting 4k... Then they complain about the nurses... :/ i try have fun... (sorry for the bad English)

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3062713#Comment_3062713

    Chat filter needs to be fixed or removed because i cannot say stuff like town or iri. Thats why people dont like the chat filter.

    People didn't like it even before bhvr put in those strange restrictions. I had arguments with people when the filter was new because they told me it would limit them in their freedom of speech when they couldn't trash talk others.

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3062930#Comment_3062930

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3062943#Comment_3062943

    I think this is a case where the anonymity of the internet gets people thinking they can be/get away with worse than they would try if face to face.

    The anonymity is one of the worst banes of the age of the internet.

    Many people bring out their worst when they know that they are hidden behind an alias and nearly save from any consequences.

  • Sadly, there is no option to disable chat from the options screen. The best you can do is "minimize" it with the little arrows in the End Game screen.

    I've had exactly two positive post-game chat experiences over the course of 500 hours. That is a really bad return on investment.

    Do yourselves a favor: disable chat (in the limited way you can) and never turn it back on. The "team vs 1" dynamic inevitably leads to "pile onto that other guy and just dump all over them"

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3063085#Comment_3063085

    People didn't like it even before bhvr put in those strange restrictions. I had arguments with people when the filter was new because they told me it would limit them in their freedom of speech when they couldn't trash talk others.

    I find it bizarre that in a game thats about murdering people and the devs are ok with trash talk that we need a filter like this. People are still getting across the nasty things through it like telling people to one hook themselves. The only thing its good for is to hinder speech. Its just dumb. Zero thought put into it imo. It was a band aid fix so they dont have to ban the nasty people because they are paying customers.

  • @Godhandkm said:

    When I don't tunnel, don't do camping, don't play the strongest killer, don't use meta perks (which i have) at the end of the game I get insulted for not getting 4k... Then they complain about the nurses... :/ i try have fun... (sorry for the bad English)

    Awwww, how cute, a baby killer learning their first steps... only advice I can give you is: don't bother

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/334373/why-do-they-insult-at-the-end-of-the-game

    Awwww, how cute, a baby killer learning their first steps... only advice I can give you is: don't bother

    No really, i try to be nice. Obviously you don't understand... I feel sad for you.

  • @Godhandkm said:

    When I don't tunnel, don't do camping, don't play the strongest killer, don't use meta perks (which i have) at the end of the game I get insulted for not getting 4k... Then they complain about the nurses... :/ i try have fun... (sorry for the bad English)

    Because they are insecure about themselves and anxious about the direction their own life goes and they need this BMing and demeaning of a perceived opponent to validate themselves in their own eyes. Also smol pp. Very smol.

  • @Godhandkm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3063587#Comment_3063587

    No really, i try to be nice. Obviously you don't understand... I feel sad for you.

    I do understand... it's just being a nice killer isn't for everyone

  • @Shaped said:

    Because they are nice people with empathy and understanding.

    I got really confused by this. I know the perk "Empathy", but what is "Understanding"? Is it an upcoming perk or one of the renamed older ones?

  • @FridayNightPizza said:

    Because the average mental age of this community is between 5 and 7.

    Uhu... And you stink!

  • The sad reality is that if you play nice (by the "rulebook"), you won't get good results as often, and you'll get mocked for not being good.

    If you play to win, you'll get chastised for being toxic, because as a killer you're not allowed to win unless you handicap yourself first.

    Personally, I turned off my chat/messaging functionality, play in a way that I am comfortable with (which is usually laid back and generally considerate, but sometimes sweaty; I usually just reciprocate the energy I get in game), and don't worry about the rest.

    I recommend it.

  • @bittercranberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3062943#Comment_3062943

    ok im starting to see where im wrong at...

    im very sorry everyone on this thread for being absolutely oblivious to this, ill do better & thank you for explaining it to me.

    i cant believe ive been using it wrong in gaming for 2 years now.. i feel bad and didnt know i was actually being toxic :((

    and yeah death threats deserve a suspension or ban.

    Play both sides.

    @Adjatha said:

    Sadly, there is no option to disable chat from the options screen. The best you can do is "minimize" it with the little arrows in the End Game screen.

    I've had exactly two positive post-game chat experiences over the course of 500 hours. That is a really bad return on investment.

    Do yourselves a favor: disable chat (in the limited way you can) and never turn it back on. The "team vs 1" dynamic inevitably leads to "pile onto that other guy and just dump all over them"

    He's right. Hide it and never look back. There's nothing on the endgane screen but the same meta perks anyway.

    #########, with the way this game is designed, even I find myself getting annoyed at the killer when I play survivor, and I play mostly killer. But I never say #########, even to toxic morons. Too many mentally ill people on both sides, too draining to engage with.

  • I've noticed a big uptick in abuse from survivors in endgame chat. I'd guess like 60% of the games I have against PC players ends with at least one being toxic.

    The rest is silence or the rare actual gg, and they usually only gg when they win.

  • @ausanimal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/334373/why-do-they-insult-at-the-end-of-the-game

    No need to be sorry but to answer your question survivors will always be survivors (not all of them, i have run into a few chilled players) if they lose they will insult you if you lose and they all get out same thing.

    If need be turn off the chat window so you don't have to put up with the insults. if they are to bad i.e they turn them into racist comments then you can report them for it. Otherwise just leave the end screen and move onto the next match and hope you get better players.

    Many survivors don't say anything at all no matter what you do. I facecamped and tunneled as bubba and got nothing I wanted some salt... But some survivors say bad things when I played with my friend as survivors our teammate was sacrificed at the endgame and he blamed my friend and started to spawn on his profile that he should let him kill him in real life.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3062412#Comment_3062412

    Many survivors don't say anything at all no matter what you do. I facecamped and tunneled as bubba and got nothing I wanted some salt... But some survivors say bad things when I played with my friend as survivors our teammate was sacrificed at the endgame and he blamed my friend and started to spawn on his profile that he should let him kill him in real life.

    When it gets to that point of someone putting stuff like that on someones profile then there ass needs to be reported.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    The sad reality is that if you play nice (by the "rulebook"), you won't get good results as often, and you'll get mocked for not being good.

    If you play to win, you'll get chastised for being toxic, because as a killer you're not allowed to win unless you handicap yourself first.

    Personally, I turned off my chat/messaging functionality, play in a way that I am comfortable with (which is usually laid back and generally considerate, but sometimes sweaty; I usually just reciprocate the energy I get in game), and don't worry about the rest.

    I recommend it.

    I had this fun exchange in one of my last games.

    Me: gg

    Survivor: no gg for you, you tunneled and slugged. Please stop slugging.

    Me: Ok, I'll stop slugging if you stop using DH. Is it a deal?

    Survivor: *some mad ravings about how it got nerfed and killers get always what they want*

1 2 ›