Just put the character portraits on the end screen or something.

It’d make most this community happy knowing that they’re hard work is visible to other players. It’s not an exclusive skin or anything like that so you wouldn’t have to worry about protecting your little first day club members.

The portraits don’t even have to be that big, shrink them down so they all can fit and everyone would be happy about the reward. You know, the reward you actually improved, the reward that we would want to actually show off a bit more now.

Comments

  • Yes! Didn't they show that eventually they want to have the character portraits at the end game anyway? Just carry over the effect for those that prestiged on that screen too.

  • I just want the ability to hide all indicators of prestige. I don't care about anyone else's levels, and I definitely don't want to show off my own. I really don't want to continue playing the game until this becomes an option.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I just want the ability to hide all indicators of prestige. I don't care about anyone else's levels, and I definitely don't want to show off my own. I really don't want to continue playing the game until this becomes an option.

    what harm is there in showing how many bloodpoints you put into a character? If you dont care about anyone elses level, just ignore it.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057783#Comment_3057783

    what harm is there in showing how many bloodpoints you put into a character? If you dont care about anyone elses level, just ignore it.

    No one needs to know that I'm this bad at the game and higher than prestige 0.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057814#Comment_3057814

    No one needs to know that I'm this bad at the game and higher than prestige 0.

    why care about what some random bozo has to say on the internet?

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057859#Comment_3057859

    why care about what some random bozo has to say on the internet?

    Well, they can't say anything, I'm on console. But it's human nature to feel uncomfortable if you put a lot of time into something but plateau and don't improve. I've also been targeted in matches by names I recognize, probably because I messed up somehow in a previous match, and if players get an idea of how much time I've put into the game they'll think I'm trolling rather than just struggling and that probably will worsen. Sucks even more if I'm playing on Switch instead of PS4. No one can see that I'm failing skill checks not because I'm sandbagging but because I'm playing on a godforsaken Switch. The little globe doesn't tell people your platform.

    Ya know, I once changed my name to "0SkillChks" (best I could do, Switch caps names at 10 characters) to warn people, and they still got on gens with me and still got mad when I failed skill checks. Like dude, I warned you, I certainly didn't invite you on my gen. I've also tried using the name "OnSwitch," but that just gets me tunneled by killers. Anyway, I'm actually a little worried that having a high prestige number but failing skill checks would get me reported, and enough reports would probably get me banned because it looks trollish. The devs seem to underestimate how bad performance is on Switch, because I've pointed out that the DS skill check prevents Switch players from using the perk at all and the response can be summed up as, "Nah, it's fine."