VAC Ban on Profile Steam

i always see of other profile account before starting the game. Why i always curious with people who get a VAC ban on their profile eventhough this is maybe only for one game. But there are a quote Once a cheater always a cheater.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • VAC bans are for Valve Server games, as dbd doesn't run on Valve servers they don't get blocked from playing.

    Additionally, people grow up, and kids are stupid, I've seen people with a single ban that is like 2500 days old, that's almost 7 years, that's the difference between an 11 year old and an 18 year old, people definitely grow up and take game more seriously.

  • Those who lived a completely innocent life may through the first stone


  • also, you may see a vac ban but you actually don’t know what the cheats were, maybe it was just some cosmetic stuff, maybe it was a family shared account that got a ban and they actually didn’t do anything themselves, maybe they were 12 years old and messing around in Counter Strike while now never cheating again.

    it’s okay for you to dodge these profiles if you want to. But otherwise, don’t be so judgmental without knowing the full story.

  • @Wondertainment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3056255#Comment_3056255

    No, I didn't. I illustrated why the platitude of saying, "let he who has not sinned, cast the first stone" is a poor defense of those who cheat. I'm one of those high and mighty types who doesn't cheat and feels that those who do are scum. I don't mince words about it. I will admit that a small percentage of people who do bad things grow beyond, but in general most people either have a sense of right and wrong instilled in them early or they do not.

    I was discussing the opposite of what you assume. I don't think people should lump all sins together. Now had that person said, "judge not lest ye be judged" I would have considered that a stronger platitude as argument. But, I would have stated that I'm still going to judge cheaters, and I would expect (insist in fact) that you judge me too if I were to lower myself to doing so.

    the topic is still about VAC bans on Steam profiles (without any further info - the person might even not be a cheater to begin with) and you were bringing up murder.

  • @Wondertainment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3056214#Comment_3056214

    True, but I still leave the lobby if I see someone with a VAC ban. While there are a few people who mature and grow past being filthy cheats, it is a small percentage. In my experience, once a cheater, always a cheater. Someone was either raised right to understand it is wrong or they were not.

    If a ban was a few years ago I consider the matter closed. Five at the minimum.

  • I think it's wiser not to judge someone on past mistakes - especially if it's a single ban many years ago, people grow and DO change.

    Also, I'm surprised so many people check other people's profiles, I don't think I've ever looked at someones profile in a lobby whether I'm playing survivor or killer. I'm normally tabbed out on another screen until we load into a match.


    Edited to add - please also keep comments on this thread relevant to the thread. Bringing in real life situations and scenarios is not relevant and has absolutely no connection to a video game.

  • Don't judge a book by its cover. Maybe if it's recent there's a reason to be suspicious. I personally got banned on VAC 3022 days ago today for being a stupid child and cheating in TF2. Never cheated since.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3056251#Comment_3056251

    You did not actually compare cheating in a videogame to murdering someone, right? RIGHT?

    also, you may see a vac ban but you actually don’t know what the cheats were, maybe it was just some cosmetic stuff, maybe it was a family shared account that got a ban and they actually didn’t do anything themselves, maybe they were 12 years old and messing around in Counter Strike while now never cheating again.

    it’s okay for you to dodge these profiles if you want to. But otherwise, don’t be so judgmental without knowing the full story.

    My little bro has a VAC ban for cheating in counter strike, I assumed it was just the modern pre-teen's rite of passage

  • Thank god i'm on console. Nobody gonna check my profile and my hours, nor do i.

    Also i would lose my mind and fate in humanity watching all these profil pictures. :D

  • Although people could change, which is very unlikely, the main thing is that any ban could be not deserved.

    My friend was banned from Dark Souls permanently after picking corrupted item from a cheater. I was very close to get a ban because I tweaked .exe file to support my ultrawide monitor. It's maybe an offence, but doubtly should spread on other games.

  • Wish I could check Steam profiles before a match but alas I'm on console. Best thing I can do is just dodge legacy

  • Well I'm vac banned, I have over 2000 hours on dbd and I have never been interesting in cheating on dbd, I got banned 2 years ago by cheating on CSGO when I was 13 years old, the fact that i cheated in 1 game 2 years ago doesn't mean I'm going to cheat again, to me that's kind obvious.