Sadako buffs?

I really like playing sadako I just find it ridiculous that right after releasing sadako they came out with a better version of her. Sure the dredge's teleport is slower across map but it is also less telegraphed and dredge has anti loop. It just makes me sad, don't get me wrong I like dredge too.

Comments

  • Definitely needed, I’ve played her quite a lot since release and I’ve only ever gotten one Mori with her power, and that was on release week where a survivor pretty much let me do it!

    some ideas I had was

    • Make inserting a tape take long enough so a survivor can’t do it mid chase.
    • Make the tape a “primary” item, so you have to drop your med kit/ toolbox to pick it up (like Pinhead or Nemesis).
    • If a survivor is fully condemned they become exposed
    • Make her teleport noise audible only to survivors outside her terror radius (like spirits old phase sound) this would make her a proper stealth killer then

    those are just some ideas I had but I’m sure there’s more that I’m not thinking of, either way she’s definitely on the weaker side right now and could do with buffs

  • She needs big buffs to her cooldowns on TVs, condement and some bit more help in chases.

  • Just remove her lullaby radius and make passive Condemnation stacks to force survivors to use the tapes.

    Two simple changes would make her a lot better.

  • Here’s the funny thing about Dredge; he sucks too. Both killers have map mobility but will never catch a good team in time, because they are just m1 killers at the end of the day. The fact Sadako has been left in such a sad state for months is frustrating, because it shows what’ll happen to Dredge, forgotten and ignored at the bottom of the bin.



    I have 3 Sadako buffs that would help her a bit to start:

    1. remove the penalty to speed while manifesting. She gets no benefit from it besides minor stealth so why is she so slow for so long? Just remove the slowdown altogether
    2. When she gets a hit from manifesting turn a tv back on, like a lite version of her iri add on. The cooldown on TVs is too long, this would help.
    3. Make survivors gain condemned when near TVs. This would encourage players to actually interact with TVs when not memeing. She could use the help with slowdown as she is just a regular m1 killer.
  • I posted my suggestions for Sadako

    @PaintedDeath said:

    From what I understand, Onryo's TV placement is set and not random so I assume they decided that strong TV placement was not a good idea, but some of these TV placements are just plain bad. On Midwich, the room on the bottom floor in the corner, with the fallen ceiling that allows access to the top floor (the library I guess?) Will spawn a TV if the Gen is in the next room. That's really bad, if someone teleports to the TV absolutely nothing happens, no condemn, the speed boost is wasted and the survivor has absolutely no threat from that TVs placement.

    My suggestion is two fold. First, make all TVs face and cover the generator in some fashion, so that survivors working on gens are exposed to condemnation at least. Secondly, change what happens during a projection. Instead of just projecting and possibly applying Condemnation, have the projection cause the same thing that Hags traps do, where the survivors camera is forced to turn and focus on the TV to watch the projection. While within LoS and watching the projection, give the survivors the Hindered status effect and remove Onryo's speed boost to compensate. Have the hindred status effect linger for like 1 - 1.5 seconds after the effect ends, either they leave LoS or Projection ends. You can change the add-on that effects the speed boost after projection to just cause the hindered status effect to last like .5 - 1 second longer.

    These changes first basically do the same thing with the speed boost/Hindered change, but also are more detrimental to players because of the forced camera movement, as well as making projection just cooler because of the forced viewing. With better TV placement that exposes survivors on gens, survivors will need to decide to either risk getting Condemnation and getting chased off the Gen, or to shut the TV off and risk accruing more Condemnation and having to deliver the tape they are carrying. Survivor counters to this will need to be one player constantly just running around shutting off TVs to counter projection, but risking Condemnation.

    The jury is still out on if TV placement that is better for chasing is preferable to TV placement that covers the gens, but even if that is the case, the TVs become generally useless once it's corresponding Gen is completed.


  • @Trex_Crazy said:

    I really like playing sadako I just find it ridiculous that right after releasing sadako they came out with a better version of her. Sure the dredge's teleport is slower across map but it is also less telegraphed and dredge has anti loop. It just makes me sad, don't get me wrong I like dredge too.

    I find the Dredge to be weak too. These two chapters really highlight something that isn't new at all but keeps happening every single chapter release. They try to focus on making a Killer's kit revolve around anti-loop however they play it extremely safe out of fear of being too oppressive when in reality they pose 0 threat to coordinated teams that understand counter-play already

    They need to stop being scared to make Nurse/Blight level Killers because all they're doing is adding characters to the bottom and middle of the pack instead of the top to promote diversity. There's a reason people aren't playing Sadoko or Dredge en masse

  • @AJStyIez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/333365/sadako-buffs

    I find the Dredge to be weak too. These two chapters really highlight something that isn't new at all but keeps happening every single chapter release. They try to focus on making a Killer's kit revolve around anti-loop however they play it extremely safe out of fear of being too oppressive when in reality they pose 0 threat to coordinated teams that understand counter-play already

    They need to stop being scared to make Nurse/Blight level Killers because all they're doing is adding characters to the bottom and middle of the pack instead of the top to promote diversity. There's a reason people aren't playing Sadoko or Dredge en masse

    This. If BHVR balanced all killers around the top killers, they could change survivor things to combat them.

    Hell, if BHVR actually thought about giving all killers some form of mobility, the game would be in an entirely different situation.

  • The biggest issue I have with her is that tapes/condemnation feels absolutely useless. If it was oppressive like Pigs traps she would be a perfectly fine killer

  • @TruEternity said:

    Here’s the funny thing about Dredge; he sucks too. Both killers have map mobility but will never catch a good team in time, because they are just m1 killers at the end of the day. The fact Sadako has been left in such a sad state for months is frustrating, because it shows what’ll happen to Dredge, forgotten and ignored at the bottom of the bin.

    I have 3 Sadako buffs that would help her a bit to start:

    1. remove the penalty to speed while manifesting. She gets no benefit from it besides minor stealth so why is she so slow for so long? Just remove the slowdown altogether
    2. When she gets a hit from manifesting turn a tv back on, like a lite version of her iri add on. The cooldown on TVs is too long, this would help.
    3. Make survivors gain condemned when near TVs. This would encourage players to actually interact with TVs when not memeing. She could use the help with slowdown as she is just a regular m1 killer.

    As a Dredge Main i agree he iis better than Sadako but still just a Bor C Tier Killer his Anti loop gets counterd easy by Good Survivors