Wiggling mechanic in the tutorial

Why is the wiggling mechanic in the "survive with bots" tutorial game the old one? Shouldn't the tutorial teach new players the new one instead ?

Comments

  • The skill check wiggle mechanic is still in the betas tab, meaning it is still subject to change. Once it has become official, the tutorial will need to be updated to use it.

  • @Peanits said:

    The skill check wiggle mechanic is still in the betas tab, meaning it is still subject to change. Once it has become official, the tutorial will need to be updated to use it.

    Oh my bad, it's been in the beta tab for so long it thought it was official already lmao

  • @Annso_x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048726#Comment_3048726

    Oh my bad, it's been in the beta tab for so long it thought it was official already lmao

    must admit, I forget it's beta as well. I switched it on and just never switched it off!

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048754#Comment_3048754

    must admit, I forget it's beta as well. I switched it on and just never switched it off!

    Same thing, I was taken by surprise during a bot game haha, it made me realise how much better the new mechanic is and how little I missed the old one

  • I hope they fine tune the new mechanic before release. I still find it very intrusive.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    I hope they fine tune the new mechanic before release. I still find it very intrusive.

    what do you find intrusive about it? I must admit it's only really the audio I notice.

  • @Peanits said:

    The skill check wiggle mechanic is still in the betas tab, meaning it is still subject to change. Once it has become official, the tutorial will need to be updated to use it.

    I really hope it is optional. I hated use it, i appreciate your effort but it was terrible for me.

  • I’m fairly sure that the tutorial runs an older version of the game, presumably so the bots can function without being updated. I haven’t looked at it for a few weeks but there’s a few things that are not in the current version I’m pretty sure.

    Maybe not considering that Peanits just said the tutorial would be updated with the new one when released but anyway…

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048796#Comment_3048796

    what do you find intrusive about it? I must admit it's only really the audio I notice.

    I prefer old one because I dont need to pay attention to skillchecks and can wiggle and look around at the same time while being carried.

    If you really intend to make new one mandatory without option to keep the old one, at least consider option to mute the sound of it, its too high for my ears

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048796#Comment_3048796

    what do you find intrusive about it? I must admit it's only really the audio I notice.

    To provide some minor feedback on this myself, the only thing I and my friends find somewhat intrusive audio wise is when you're choosing not to wiggle for whatever reason (like the killer is taking you to hatch, or taking a long time to hook you and you're the last one left), and you hear that constant 'missed skill check' noise playing. It doesn't happen all that often so it's a nitpick, but if I were going to provide any feedback on that at all, it would be potentially nice for that noise to get quieter and quieter until it disappears if you choose not to hit the skill checks.

    EDIT: I appreciate that the above two scenarios will be a non-factor when the mori change comes out, so I understand investing development time into that potentially be a waste.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048796#Comment_3048796

    what do you find intrusive about it? I must admit it's only really the audio I notice.

    The constant audio queues whether you are wiggling or not, and how it auto-starts wiggling with no initial input.

  • Or just not wiggle and let the killer carry you around on their shoulder. Quite funny seeing their arms droop down while they're moaning in agony.

  • @Jarky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048854#Comment_3048854

    To provide some minor feedback on this myself, the only thing I and my friends find somewhat intrusive audio wise is when you're choosing not to wiggle for whatever reason (like the killer is taking you to hatch, or taking a long time to hook you and you're the last one left), and you hear that constant 'missed skill check' noise playing. It doesn't happen all that often so it's a nitpick, but if I were going to provide any feedback on that at all, it would be potentially nice for that noise to get quieter and quieter until it disappears if you choose not to hit the skill checks.

    EDIT: I appreciate that the above two scenarios will be a non-factor when the mori change comes out, so I understand investing development time into that potentially be a waste.

    Aw. True I will miss being carried to the hatch... Its rare but gold and nice of a killer in a shitti match.


    To the wiggling, the new one is okay. The sound is super irritating.

    Like someone said, the old one was better, for not concentrating on wiggling and moving the camera. Now your eyes have to be on the screen and u can't look that good in other camera perspectives.

    On consoles the old one was a pain in the backpart. With the joystick left to right to left to right. It hurts the thumb.

    I would have preferred to hit just one button like on PC. I'm still preferring the old one but with changing it to the button of your choice in settings on consoles.