Next step in balancing the game: Remove map offerings

Simple as that. Fixed for both sides. No more Nurse with Midwich offering. No more Survivors sending you to Bahdam to bully you. No more Survivors sending to RPD so they can set up their Shadow Step + Speed Boon + CoH / Sabo squad. No Offerings for free locker saves in Salon map. No Doctors on The Game with 50+ terror radius. Etc.

Please.

Comments

  • Going to be honest I don't think they'll ever be removed I've never heard the Devs acknowledge anything about map offerings

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Simple as that. Fixed for both sides. No more Nurse with Midwich offering. No more Survivors sending you to Bahdam to bully you. No more Survivors sending to RPD so they can set up their Shadow Step + Speed Boon + CoH / Sabo squad. No Offerings for free locker saves in Salon map. No Doctors on The Game with 50+ terror radius. Etc.

    Please.

    No more shytt-yourself Meyers on Lery's anymore either. Pretty much all stealth killers prefer the indoors actually.

  • I would love this. It would actually allow for a system where the servers can pick a map each player has not been too in 1-2 matches so no one will have the same map in a row. I'm not saying realm I mean map. So you can get rotten fields one match and then cowshed.

  • I think maps should be tied to killers.

    Example: if you play someone like Myers, you should get an increased base % to get an inside map.

    If you play a killer like Billy, you should get a increased % to get an open map like corn maps.

  • But what about my Michael build on Lerry :(


    I think removing map offerings will not fix core issue. We should look this issues:

    • Why Doctor is using The Game offering.
    • Why survivors love Badham.
    • Why Nurse is using Midwich.

    etc.


    We should look issues, removing offerings will not fix main issues.

  • Yeah, the maps are a huge issue with the game. Offerings are only used as weapons for both sides.

    It's hard to come up with a solution that works for both sides, doesn't lead to mass lobby dodging, and doesn't kill queue times.

    It will always be the worst part of DbD for me: having a portion of my gaming time for that day completely wasted on a random Killer+map combo that feels awful.

    I'm assuming that's what the map offering mechanic is supposed to prevent, but players alt-f4 half the time when a map offering is played on either side. The core issue is map balance and power interaction with the maps. Everything else is a band aid.

  • This is a win win for both sides imo

    No more Garden of Joy/ Haddonfield SWF’s for killer

    No more scratched mirror Myers or Midwich Nurse for survivors

  • I've always kinda liked the idea that burning map offerings does the opposite of what it does now - which is take a realm you don't want to play for that match out of the random chance of you getting it rather than send you there 100%. That said, it would be somewhat frustrating if you were trophy/achievement/etc. hunting and that map continuously got removed via offerings.

    It's a difficult one - because I also understand that some killers enjoy certain maps for builds, i.e. if you're doing Scratched Mirror, Amanda's Letter, etc. and removing map offerings takes it away from them, too.

  • I'm fine with them removing map offerings if they do 2 things first.

    1. Put in something to stop back to back matches in same realm. Make it so the last realm the 5 players went to is not an option for the current match.

    2. Add a "great height" to all maps since they keep having "fall from great height" challenges. I will use a map offering for a map I know will have a building with second floor drop to make sure I get this challenge done, especially if I need to do it multiple times in one match. Getting sent to Shelter Woods or getting stuck on side of hill I'm trying to run off of because it's the only height on a map is wicked annoying.

    If they remove the maps I also expect to get the exact BP I'm losing from the offerings being removed. It should not be like when they removed Hawkins where players received between 100k - 1mill+ BP and those with 100k knew they had more than 100k BP worth of Hawkins offerings.

  • I would hate that, I don't want to be forced to play back to back on Autohaven/ Mcmillam/ Coldwind because for some reason the game thinks these are the only maps that exist

  • Map offerings should be removed i always quit if i See a Map offering

  • @Dito175 said:

    I would hate that, I don't want to be forced to play back to back on Autohaven/ Mcmillam/ Coldwind because for some reason the game thinks these are the only maps that exist

    What I’d love to see is remove all map offerings, but also tweak the random map selection algorithm so that it never picks a map that any of the five players in the match most recently were on. That way you never get the same map twice in a row and you also don’t have all the negative issues associated with map offerings.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048803#Comment_3048803

    What I’d love to see is remove all map offerings, but also tweak the random map selection algorithm so that it never picks a map that any of the five players in the match most recently were on. That way you never get the same map twice in a row and you also don’t have all the negative issues associated with map offerings.

    True, I believe an offering that would lessen the chances of getting to a certain realm could also work

  • @Dito175 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048984#Comment_3048984

    True, I believe an offering that would lessen the chances of getting to a certain realm could also work

    They already have the offering that forces a random map which is pretty similar. The issue is you really shouldn’t have to use an offering to do that honestly.

  • *cries in the scratched mirror*

  • I love the map offerings. I often crave a certan map and want to go there for fun and enjoyment. I absolutely love Midwich and Dead Dawg as both roles.

    I think that instead of removing map offerings (which can be really fun when not abused), these steps need to be taken:

    1) balance unbalanced maps! no more killer-sided and survivor-sided maps. Make them all okay for both sides, like Coal Tower is.

    2) F-ing nerf Nurse already