so with DS being dogwater now, we can get rid of the skill check...right?
what reason justifies one now?
it only exists to discriminate against potato hardware
what reason justifies one now?
it only exists to discriminate against potato hardware
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Or, we bring back the 5 second stun and make the perk actually useful again.
that would be more preferable for sure
Given everything, bringing back the stun duration would be just fine. As it stands, the perk does slightly more than nothing, but far less than something.
I opt that we bring back the 5 second stun, allow it to proc after each unhook and keep it deactivated after 5 gens are done.
I second this motion
All in favor of changing it to to say I
It shouldn't have existed in the first place imo tbh, they could've just been like "click X to use" but then maybe it's there so you need to make a split second decision so that you can't use it just as they're being hooked
It should be a quick-time event that requires you to quickly press a button or it should have a very large skill check. What it shouldn't do is have a tiny skill check that requires frame-precision timing when the game is riddled with optimization issues.
Even without the skill check it is dog water.
I'd go so far as to say make it base kit. It would show Devs really do care about the Solo experience and they can give killers the new Ruin as base kit.
Yeah, definitely, I'd even go as far as to say just use it right off the bat without any input, lol
I just can't understand why they would gut it so thoroughly, unless the intention was to actually make it useless so no one would equip it.
If they really gave a crap about camping and tunneling, and Solo Q (lmao they don't), they would disable hook grabs. Probably 75% of the Killers I faced in matches this evening just camped and tunneled. Then Solos try to save, only get hook grabbed by the camper. Then he drops them at the hook and can camp TWO survivors.
Leave it with gens of course, but hook grabbing just promotes facecamping.
It is easy skill check, no need to complain, DS was made balanced for the killer, was too easy to outplay just by having it amd punishing the killer for rushing the kill when sirvs can rish gens
I actually find landing the skill check more satisfying than it being automatic.
I hate the DS skill check, always have. I play on Switch and sometimes skill-check timing can be weird so it's easy to miss.
in one word? They want more "interactions" from survivors /s
Reset the stun duration to 5 seconds. Remove the skillcheck. Have the perk activate both times you are hooked. It now deactivates if you are healed into the healthy state by any means. Still deactivates after the last gen is powered. There you go, an actually healthy anti-tunnel perk.