Can someone please tell me what this is?

Steam Community: Dead by Daylight. what is this?

This appeared in my game. I believe only I could see it because I asked both my teammates and the killer about it in endgame chat, and they said they had no idea what I was talking about.

Comments

  • Do you have some sort of glyph challenge equipped?

  • that's a map addon called the 'glass bead'

    it lets you put a beam of light only survs can see

  • I believe it's that crystal bead add on for the map. One of your team mates must have placed it

    Edit: glass bead

  • That is the effect of a map addon called Glass Bead. It allows you to place a beam of light on the ground that other survivors can see.

  • That looks like an add-on for the map that places a beacon for the other survivors to see. It was good for marking the hatch, a hex totem you can’t get to, or a gen you’re working on and need help with. Not sure if what is in your pic is said beacon. Killer can’t see the map marker btw.

  • For some reason this is never mentioned in the game outside the add-on description and confused me when I first saw it. I legitimately thought my teammate was giving away our position.

  • I have almost 1400 hours played in this game and I've only seen that addon twice, the first time I saw that was a "######### moment".

  • @Cybil said:

    For some reason this is never mentioned in the game outside the add-on description and confused me when I first saw it. I legitimately thought my teammate was giving away our position.

    Probably because hardly anyone ever uses it, at least in my experience. In the nearly 2500 hours I've played DBD as survivor I think I've seen it used maybe 5 times before.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3038495#Comment_3038495

    Probably because hardly anyone ever uses it, at least in my experience. In the nearly 2500 hours I've played DBD as survivor I think I've seen it used maybe 5 times before.

    It's really rare, yeah. I don't think anyone utilizes the info it gives when I bring it either.

  • @Cybil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3038532#Comment_3038532

    It's really rare, yeah. I don't think anyone utilizes the info it gives when I bring it either.

    Well, what is the info it gives? None, other than that the person with the add-on wanted everyone else to see or do something at the marker location.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3038589#Comment_3038589

    Well, what is the info it gives? None, other than that the person with the add-on wanted everyone else to see or do something at the marker location.

    Thet's the whole utility of it, isn't it? Like, if I see a hex totem while I'm being chased I can drop a beam of light on it so someone hopefully will go check there and destroy it, or maybe I need to leave a 80% completed gen

    Most people I've seen using it use it just for memes though, they either spam it while they run, or move it around randomly

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3038724#Comment_3038724

    Thet's the whole utility of it, isn't it? Like, if I see a hex totem while I'm being chased I can drop a beam of light on it so someone hopefully will go check there and destroy it, or maybe I need to leave a 80% completed gen

    Most people I've seen using it use it just for memes though, they either spam it while they run, or move it around randomly

    Exactly. You can safely assume it’s a gen they want you to work on, or a totem to cleanse.. but you don’t really know until you go. It’s totally screwed by indoor maps too. They should buff it to be an aura.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3038589#Comment_3038589

    Well, what is the info it gives? None, other than that the person with the add-on wanted everyone else to see or do something at the marker location.

    They want to annoy me at the marker location with the sound, clearly.


    @Topic:

    This is a classic one. You are not the first to ask and you will not be the last.

  • @hatchetChugger said:

    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2828555059

    This appeared in my game. I believe only I could see it because I asked both my teammates and the killer about it in endgame chat, and they said they had no idea what I was talking about.

    Map addon. The survivor that has the addon cast that light down to let other know where they are