Overcome should work with endurance hits

Overcome is already one of the weakest and least used exhaustion perks, seeing only success with cheeky bite the bullet builds. I don't understand why if you are not exhausted, it doesn't work. If the killer decides to tunnel you with overcome, you essentially don't have an exhaustion perk for the rest of the match. Please just let endurance hits trigger overcome, it makes the perk a lot more usable, and its still not even close to being over powered.

Comments

  • I see overcome on a fairly frequent basis actually. Maybe 20% of the exhaustion perks in my game.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    I see overcome on a fairly frequent basis actually. Maybe 20% of the exhaustion perks in my game.

    Ill have to take your word for it, because I have seen 1 in the past 3 days.

  • @Biscuits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3032072#Comment_3032072

    Ill have to take your word for it, because I have seen 1 in the past 3 days.

    Yeah it's weird, actually. I genuinely rarely even notice when the survivors have it until the post game screen.

  • It's definitely something that could work. They probably see it as possibly making OC too powerful, which is a bit debatable.

    Endurance is something you gain overwhelmingly more often when you're unhooked.

    Any other situation, you're injured and without exhaustion available. Which, by itself, is an issue that would still hold the perk back.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3032077#Comment_3032077

    Yeah it's weird, actually. I genuinely rarely even notice when the survivors have it until the post game screen.

    I only see it when I play survivor, I don't think I have played against more than 3 people total as killer using overcome.

  • @Biscuits said:

    Overcome is already one of the weakest and least used exhaustion perks, seeing only success with cheeky bite the bullet builds. I don't understand why if you are not exhausted, it doesn't work. If the killer decides to tunnel you with overcome, you essentially don't have an exhaustion perk for the rest of the match. Please just let endurance hits trigger overcome, it makes the perk a lot more usable, and its still not even close to being over powered.

    Someone hasn't used the overcome lucky break combo, try it its genuinely amazing lol.

    But yes I am pretty sure overcome used to go off over endurance hits.. but cant remember. but yeah it should.

  • @Mewishis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/331503/overcome-should-work-with-endurance-hits

    Someone hasn't used the overcome lucky break combo, try it its genuinely amazing lol.

    But yes I am pretty sure overcome used to go off over endurance hits.. but cant remember. but yeah it should.

    That's the cheeky bite the bullet build I mentioned. I run Overcome, Bite the Bullet, Lucky Break, Botany. But every time I run overcome on its own, I get tunneled and get 1 use out of it.

  • @Biscuits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3032099#Comment_3032099

    That's the cheeky bite the bullet build I mentioned. I run Overcome, Bite the Bullet, Lucky Break, Botany. But every time I run overcome on its own, I get tunneled and get 1 use out of it.

    Overcome is one of those perks that combined with other perks it turns into something great, I actually don't mind perks that have good combos instead of the perk by itself being generally amazing like dead hard was. Its wayy more healthy for the game honestly lol.

  • @Mewishis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3032107#Comment_3032107

    Overcome is one of those perks that combined with other perks it turns into something great, I actually don't mind perks that have good combos instead of the perk by itself being generally amazing like dead hard was. Its wayy more healthy for the game honestly lol.

    My question for you is does letting overcome trigger on an endurance hit really make it too strong? Why was it given this stipulation in the first place?

  • @Biscuits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3032111#Comment_3032111

    My question for you is does letting overcome trigger on an endurance hit really make it too strong? Why was it given this stipulation in the first place?

    No that's why im saying it should, because I have been using it a lot and I am already getting botany knowledge a perk I use a lot buffed so give me more buffs pls lol. Though on a serious note yeah it should trigger thats why I am so confused why its not a thing because I distinctly remember that being one of the ways to trigger it.

  • @Mewishis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3032118#Comment_3032118

    No that's why im saying it should, because I have been using it a lot and I am already getting botany knowledge a perk I use a lot buffed so give me more buffs pls lol. Though on a serious note yeah it should trigger thats why I am so confused why its not a thing because I distinctly remember that being one of the ways to trigger it.

    Oh okay, I thought you guys were pointing out that it is used a lot, and that it doesn't need changes. But I hardly see it, then again I am at 4 dead hard MMR for both killer and Survivor.

  • Overcome is easily the weakest exhaustion perk. There is this, and also it just has a shorter boost than other exhaustion perks. Why would you run overcome when sprint burst exists, 3 seconds instead of 2, works anywhere instead of only when you're hit? If you want something that you can control just use DH or once it's nerfed, lithe.

    Honestly, I'd push the speed burst up to 2.7 seconds, which counteracts the nerf to speed bursts and gives it another .5 second just because it's so much weaker than the other choices.

  • @Biscuits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3032072#Comment_3032072

    Ill have to take your word for it, because I have seen 1 in the past 3 days.

    That’s probably because everyone is running Dead Hard currently. Once Dead Hard is nerfed Overcome will see more use.

  • @BlightedDolphin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3032077#Comment_3032077

    That’s probably because everyone is running Dead Hard currently. Once Dead Hard is nerfed Overcome will see more use.

    People will still run Dead Hard, there is still huge value to gain when running to/through pallets. But, I expect to see a ton of Sprint burst/Lithe players after the patch. The perk itself is still weak compared to most of the other exhaustion perks, only getting value if the killer straight up quits the chase. Or you run several other perks in conjunction with it.

  • @Biscuits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3033086#Comment_3033086

    People will still run Dead Hard, there is still huge value to gain when running to/through pallets. But, I expect to see a ton of Sprint burst/Lithe players after the patch. The perk itself is still weak compared to most of the other exhaustion perks, only getting value if the killer straight up quits the chase. Or you run several other perks in conjunction with it.

    Yeah after watching some gameplay of the new Dead Hard, I don’t think Overcome will replace it. Dead Hard will still probably be meta.

  • @BlightedDolphin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3034323#Comment_3034323

    Yeah after watching some gameplay of the new Dead Hard, I don’t think Overcome will replace it. Dead Hard will still probably be meta.

    I would argue that the weakest exhaustion perks are overcome and smash hit. You already gain enough distance without overcome to make it to loops, the idea of overcome is to have the killer lose you. Most killers will just keep chasing you and find you eventually. Smash hit is again sort of a win more perk, you already got value by stunning the killer, you can make it to another loop with that alone. So if the killer again, doesn't give up or lose you, smash hit is also a waste. Not to mention, the higher you climb in MMR the less likely you are, to actually stun killers. For that reason alone I think overcome is better than smash hit.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Xord said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3032587#Comment_3032587

    Overcome has the strongest effect of all exhaustion perk because getting injured and running that far leaves the killer with the choice to either chase you for a very long time or let you heal.

    Sprint burst is useful in different scenarios, but really, as a killer, if I see sprint burst I go for another survivor, unless I think I can make the hit anyway.

    Now, I did say that it's the strongest effect, but it's definitely not the strongest perk. Its problem isn't the effect. Yes, it's shorther than other speed perks, but it comes at a much more convenient time.

    However, it does not work when unhooked. The mechanic that removes exhaustion avec being unhooked is non existant with this perk, and that's really what stops it from being meta.

    That being said, lucky break being buffed, overcome might become one of the top meta perks because the combo is really extremely strong.

    Smash hit, however, is tied to such a situational scenario and yet doesn't reward the surrvivor all that much.

    Yeah I would definitely like to see a buff for smash hit, and I think overcome would be fine if you could just have it trigger from endurance hits. Other than that, why wouldn't you just run Sprint burst/Balanced Landing and deny the hit completely? Or run dead hard and possible give yourself an extra health state.

    If you are really looking for a perk to zoom away from the killer and get him to stop chasing you, Lithe is the way to go.