BBQ and Chili Nerf

So the post says that grind was reduced by 75%.

However, Killers were always grinding with BBQ and Chili which if you played to actually grind and not camp the Fengs meant you got 100% bonus blood points.

So if the grind was reduced by 75%, but farming is now half as fast, you only reduced the grind by 50%.

Why not just double BP gain permanently? Why keep this mobile game concept around?

Comments

  • The grind site isn't really the issue.

    BBQ was a motivation to hook every survivors and kept track of that.

    That's one less inventive to not tunnel.

  • bbq should be buffed to have other function

  • I don't think they should have taken the BP effect away cuz if people wanna grind that's thier choice but I especially don't know why you would nerf a perk that encouraged not camping.

    I also feel like it lost part of it's flavor like before it was you were getting food for the entity and when you got all the ingredients (the 4 survivors) you had a big feast of blood (double bp) and now it's just you aura read survivors far away cuz reasons. I'd like if they kept that aspect of it and if it's not gonna happen with bp maybe a 7% haste effect for 30 seconds? Or the entity blocks all pallets and windows for 30 seconds? Just do something like that because perks the encourage you to hook all the survivors and not tunnel and camp is good for the game.

  • It depends on what you're going for. If you're just looking to P3 all characters, for example all 28 killers, the grind is actually longer. Level 1-50 is about 1.5 million BP if done effeciently. So to get one character to P3 level 50 it's about 4.5 million, or just 3 million bp to P3 level 1. So right now it's 3 x 28 = 84 million to P3 level 1 all killers.

    But if you're going for say just no prestiging right now and only going for all perks to tier 3 on every killer that's around 7 million per killer. 7mil x 28= 196 million bp needed.

    So for the new system, to unlock every killer's perks at tier 3 you need to have each one at P3. So about 84 million as discussed above. This is definitely not a 75% reduction. It's about a 68% reduction. Which isn't horrible right?

    Except that the time it takes to get those BP could take even longer now. Because you're removing one of the main ways people used to get bp. So instead of having 100% from a perk, and another 100% from cakes or pudding or whatever, you're effectively cutting that in half.

    Now it'll be a bonus controlled by behaviour's system and you'll only get it if you play the role they want you to play at the time.

    So yes the grind is reduced, but it's probably closer to 40-50%, not the 75% that was described.

    And if your only goal was to get the bloody cosmetics, congrats your requirement has now doubled.

    So yes but no

  • @Advorsus said:

    It depends on what you're going for. If you're just looking to P3 all characters, for example all 28 killers, the grind is actually longer. Level 1-50 is about 1.5 million BP if done effeciently. So to get one character to P3 level 50 it's about 4.5 million, or just 3 million bp to P3 level 1. So right now it's 3 x 28 = 84 million to P3 level 1 all killers.

    But if you're going for say just no prestiging right now and only going for all perks to tier 3 on every killer that's around 7 million per killer. 7mil x 28= 196 million bp needed.

    So for the new system, to unlock every killer's perks at tier 3 you need to have each one at P3. So about 84 million as discussed above. This is definitely not a 75% reduction. It's about a 68% reduction. Which isn't horrible right?

    Except that the time it takes to get those BP could take even longer now. Because you're removing one of the main ways people used to get bp. So instead of having 100% from a perk, and another 100% from cakes or pudding or whatever, you're effectively cutting that in half.

    Now it'll be a bonus controlled by behaviour's system and you'll only get it if you play the role they want you to play at the time.

    So yes the grind is reduced, but it's probably closer to 40-50%, not the 75% that was described.

    And if your only goal was to get the bloody cosmetics, congrats your requirement has now doubled.

    So yes but no

    It does feel odd that they do want to slow the grind down. Especially since some killers are Nigh impossible to play on 50% of the maps. I’d think they would want us to have some sort of way of beefing them up before tossing them into the hell that is Pallet Factory.

  • @Witchubtet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3028705#Comment_3028705

    It does feel odd that they do want to slow the grind down. Especially since some killers are Nigh impossible to play on 50% of the maps. I’d think they would want us to have some sort of way of beefing them up before tossing them into the hell that is Pallet Factory.

    Agreed. It's like hey we reduced the grind! And then added some more. Like.... Why? Lol

    Like Bbq was ran because we chose to, not because we had to. Most of us did it because we were so used to it. Because when we started playing DBD it was one of the best aura reading perks in the game. The bp was just a bonus. I'll probably still use it because it's good on a lot of killers and just better aura reading than a lot of other perks.

    Like I don't need 10 aura reading perks for within my terror radius. I'm there, I know what's going on lol. I need something for on the other side of the map so I can see where I need to go to. And until recently with Sadako, it was the only real perk that did that consistently, even still since hers is a scourge hook.

    Yeah there was bitter murmur, but that could only activate 5 times a match. Where as bbq you could get to activate 10+ times. So I don't see it's usage going down. I think the removal of the bp bonus was to keep people still grinding because they think it's what's keeping people playing the game. But it's actually one of the things causing them to lose more players and not be able to retain players.

  • At the start I was against the BP bonus removal of BBQ, but after thinking a bit I prefer it, With the BP bonus I feel psychologically forced to use that perk with incomplete killers for earning more BP despite not fiting with the killer or the build I'm using.

  • @drsoontm said:

    The grind site isn't really the issue.

    BBQ was a motivation to hook every survivors and kept track of that.

    That's one less inventive to not tunnel.

    If this is a reason to keep the Bonus-BPs, I am glad they are gone.

    It was an incentive, but a bad one. If the KIller can camp and tunnel and then still get the Bonus-BP, the incentive and motivation was badly designed.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3028580#Comment_3028580

    If this is a reason to keep the Bonus-BPs, I am glad they are gone.

    It was an incentive, but a bad one. If the KIller can camp and tunnel and then still get the Bonus-BP, the incentive and motivation was badly designed.

    If they are camping and tunneling, they aren't getting the full 4 stack

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3028737#Comment_3028737

    If they are camping and tunneling, they aren't getting the full 4 stack

    You can tunnel one Survivor out at 5 Gens and still get the 4 Stacks of BBQ. Which shows that it is a flawed incentive.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3028747#Comment_3028747

    You can tunnel one Survivor out at 5 Gens and still get the 4 Stacks of BBQ. Which shows that it is a flawed incentive.

    It’s per Survivor. Not per hook. Hooking Bill 3 times doesn’t give you 75% more

  • @Witchubtet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3028755#Comment_3028755

    It’s per Survivor. Not per hook. Hooking Bill 3 times doesn’t give you 75% more

    I played the game a few times, I know that..

    But if you tunnel someone out, you will still awarded the BPs for hooking the other Survivors. This is like offering a reward for a Kid if it behaves well, it behaves not well at all and you still give the reward.

    This is giving the double BPs to a tunneling Killer. I always had a problem with that, especially if I see streamers who had 2 Survivors dead and 2 BBQ-Stacks (and I know that this particular streamer is tunneling every game). But I never thought of a way to fix it to make it a real incentive and not an alibi-one.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3028770#Comment_3028770

    I played the game a few times, I know that..

    But if you tunnel someone out, you will still awarded the BPs for hooking the other Survivors. This is like offering a reward for a Kid if it behaves well, it behaves not well at all and you still give the reward.

    This is giving the double BPs to a tunneling Killer. I always had a problem with that, especially if I see streamers who had 2 Survivors dead and 2 BBQ-Stacks (and I know that this particular streamer is tunneling every game). But I never thought of a way to fix it to make it a real incentive and not an alibi-one.

    So you’d rather punish all killers just so the campers can’t get a extra 2300 blood points? I use BBQ to build up blood points to help killers that BHVR left to die but gave them decent perks. Now I’m out 50% of my blood point gains.

  • @Witchubtet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3028773#Comment_3028773

    So you’d rather punish all killers just so the campers can’t get a extra 2300 blood points? I use BBQ to build up blood points to help killers that BHVR left to die but gave them decent perks. Now I’m out 50% of my blood point gains.

    The grind overall is reduced. And while it will take a bit longer to prestige characters now, the overall grind of getting all Perks on a Character is reduced a lot. And presting a character 3 times to get their Perks on Tier 3 on all other Characters is way easier than doing Bloodwebs on all of those characters to get the respective Perk.

    And I would not call it "punish". I mean, in the end, it does not matter anymore, since the Bonus-BPs will be removed. But it is a bad incentive when you say "Here, go for different Survivors and you will get more BPs" and then you go "Oh well, you did not go for different Survivors? Ah, no worries, here have your double BPs!".

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3028747#Comment_3028747

    You can tunnel one Survivor out at 5 Gens and still get the 4 Stacks of BBQ. Which shows that it is a flawed incentive.

    Or you can just...git gud?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3028779#Comment_3028779

    The grind overall is reduced. And while it will take a bit longer to prestige characters now, the overall grind of getting all Perks on a Character is reduced a lot. And presting a character 3 times to get their Perks on Tier 3 on all other Characters is way easier than doing Bloodwebs on all of those characters to get the respective Perk.

    And I would not call it "punish". I mean, in the end, it does not matter anymore, since the Bonus-BPs will be removed. But it is a bad incentive when you say "Here, go for different Survivors and you will get more BPs" and then you go "Oh well, you did not go for different Survivors? Ah, no worries, here have your double BPs!".

    Yes, they reduced the grind overall by 75%.

    Except people who were actually grinding were using BBQ which gave double points as long as someone didn't disconnect. So this just nerfs people actually trying to grind and the reduction is only 50%. Why don't they state that it's really only a 50% grind reduction (who grinds without BBQ)?

    It's almost like we can never take a step forward in this game without taking a step back.

    It's why they took 5 years to add colorblind mode and then promptly lied to their playerbase after the outrage and negative media coverage.