Survivors, do you always assume Blood Warden is in play and escape accordingly?

By which I mean-

The EGC is half done, and the killer is walking someone on death hook to hook

The EGC is three-quarters done, and the killer is walking someone (any hook stage) to hook

Are you always doing that math in your head and escaping the instant before (possible) guaranteed doom? I find that whenever I get in way over my head on killer MMR, I can turn a 0-1K into 3-4K surprisingly often (especially if I purposefully play really dumb in the latter half of the game, to encourage bullying). Maybe 2 out of every 10 survivors will make the escape in my games.

Comments

  • Look, the rule is simple.

    If you wait 'till after the hook to open the gate, they don't have blood warden.

    If you don't wait until after the hook to open the gate, they have blood warden.

    Schrodinger's Blood Warden is a mindgame all of its own.

  • Yes, I always will assume Blood Warden and leave before the hook.

    Especially if it's a death hook.

  • At this point its just customs and no one in living memory has ever seen an active Blood Warden.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    At this point its just customs and no one in living memory has ever seen an active Blood Warden.

    I saw one today! Someone else hung back instead of running out with me, and they got trapped by Bloodwarden.

    Seen a bunch of killers running it the past few days, way more than usual, but so far it's only activated the once.

  • I always assume BW. It's one of the reason people 99% gates.

    But i usually run Distortion, it saved me from BW many times

  • I always assume BW, which is why I 99 the gates and get very frustrated when the solo q's immediately open the gate.

    Though I once played against a Freddy recently who had BW, and I stayed back to get the hooked survivor out. Match ended in a 4E.

  • I always 99 the gates in case of Blood Warden, but in Solo queue often times a team mate just opens the gates right away even if someone is being chased.

    Recently, a team mate went down and I just had this feeling on impending doom so ran out. Blood Warden activated and Bubba mowed down the survivors that didnt. I don't see BW much, but when it happens, it's scary as hell! lol