What is affecting my Performance?

My game drops in Frames really often and it's super disorienting in chase. Here's my specs:


RTX 2060

i7 9700KF

16 GB of RAM

980 EVO 1TB SSD with 7.000 MB/s


Here's my Game User Settings:

[ScalabilityGroups]

sg.ResolutionQuality=100.000000

sg.ViewDistanceQuality=4

sg.AntiAliasingQuality=2

sg.ShadowQuality=0

sg.PostProcessQuality=0

sg.TextureQuality=1

sg.EffectsQuality=1

sg.FoliageQuality=0

sg.ShadingQuality=0

sg.AnimationQuality=2

FrameRateLimit=120.000000



Anything i can do to make my Game run better? What would i need to buy to improve the performance, a new GPU or a new CPU? More RAM?

Comments

  • Unfortunately, its not your setup. Its a server side issue thats been happenin to everyone for awhile now. If i had to guess, id say either servers arent bein properply maintained or they simply dont have the bandwidth to handle the current build. BHVR is aware of the issued, but as of this post, havent announced any fix

  • @xfireturtlex said:

    Unfortunately, its not your setup. Its a server side issue thats been happenin to everyone for awhile now. If i had to guess, id say either servers arent bein properply maintained or they simply dont have the bandwidth to handle the current build. BHVR is aware of the issued, but as of this post, havent announced any fix

    i think you mean rubberbanding, i don't mean that. I mean frame drops, where my game goes from 120 to like 50 or something for no reason

  • Oh sorry, i misread that. You could try turning your resolution down either through system settings or in game settings. However, if youre having that big of a dip, it may be time to get a new GPU. Everything else youre runnin looks alright, although i havent checked the official recommended specs for dbd lately. You should be able to find those on the main site.

    Edit: you could also try reducing your frame rate cap to 60. Wouldnt be able to play at the higher res youd like, but it may stabilize the dips while still giving you a decent rate.

    Edit 2: youve probly already thought of this cuz you seem pretty thorough, but make sure you dont have other stuff runnin in the background (updates, programs, etc). That can also cause sudden tanks. Hopefully you just overlooked somethin cuz that would by far be the easiest fix.

  • Yes, stutters are quite big these days.

    Also a lot of "repositioning" of players.

  • @xfireturtlex said:

    Oh sorry, i misread that. You could try turning your resolution down either through system settings or in game settings. However, if youre having that big of a dip, it may be time to get a new GPU. Everything else youre runnin looks alright, although i havent checked the official recommended specs for dbd lately. You should be able to find those on the main site.

    Edit: you could also try reducing your frame rate cap to 60. Wouldnt be able to play at the higher res youd like, but it may stabilize the dips while still giving you a decent rate.

    Edit 2: youve probly already thought of this cuz you seem pretty thorough, but make sure you dont have other stuff runnin in the background (updates, programs, etc). That can also cause sudden tanks. Hopefully you just overlooked somethin cuz that would by far be the easiest fix.

    thanks for the answer! i thought about getting a 3060 maybe, but i'm afraid it will just have the same results..

    i don't have anything running in the background. and yes, capping at 60 would probably make it more stable, but im too used to run games on 120-144 fps x_x

  • Have you tried updating to the latest nvidia drivers?

    You could maybe try lowering your resolution and see if it helps. Apparently you can do this with the GeForce Experience Application, or manually changing the values in your GameUserSettings.ini in your profile folder.

  • @Hitari said:

    My game drops in Frames really often and it's super disorienting in chase. Here's my specs:

    RTX 2060

    i7 9700KF

    16 GB of RAM

    980 EVO 1TB SSD with 7.000 MB/s

    Here's my Game User Settings:

    [ScalabilityGroups]

    sg.ResolutionQuality=100.000000

    sg.ViewDistanceQuality=4

    sg.AntiAliasingQuality=2

    sg.ShadowQuality=0

    sg.PostProcessQuality=0

    sg.TextureQuality=1

    sg.EffectsQuality=1

    sg.FoliageQuality=0

    sg.ShadingQuality=0

    sg.AnimationQuality=2

    FrameRateLimit=120.000000

    Anything i can do to make my Game run better? What would i need to buy to improve the performance, a new GPU or a new CPU? More RAM?

    Here's a weird one from a weird person like me, but check your DPI on your mouse. Back when the 5th year event happened I was having a massive performance issue of sudden frame drops from 70-ish down to sub-20. I was so confused at first then found out that my DPI was set to 1800, which tanked my computer's performance while the game ran. I dropped it down to 600 and everything was normal. I'm not sure what brand of mouse you're using so I can't direct you on where DPI settings are, but maybe try lowering it and see if it helps. 🙂

  • I know my performance became A LOT smoother when I forced DX12 to be used. You could try it. Close DBD. Open steam, right click on DBD Properties. On the General tab at the bottom where it says "LAUNCH OPTIONS" paste: "-dx12" (without the quotation marks).

    I uploaded a video trying to compare both DX11 and DX12 in DBD a while back but kept it unlisted because its meh. But especially at 0:46 you can see I have a much smaller FPS drop on DX12 than I did on DX11. It's also more smooth overall as seen in the video.

    https://youtu.be/_V48bARidgg


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I doubt this is the case but you can try limiting your CPU maximum load to 90%, if somehow your CPU spikes to 100% it will cause your game to stutter like crazy, it only happens with DBD to me, I don't know the reason behind it.

    Here's a video on how to do it: www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YMbykcJNdo

    If the method above doesn't work you can follow these instructions: www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Nujm8D8ys

    actually, this WAS the case for me when i started playing DBD almost a year ago. It's not the DPI that causes this though, it's the mouses' polling rate, anything over 500 or 1000 makes the game lag whenever you move your mouse over something or try to move your camera too much

    aaa.png


    @[Deleted User] said:

    I doubt this is the case but you can try limiting your CPU maximum load to 90%, if somehow your CPU spikes to 100% it will cause your game to stutter like crazy, it only happens with DBD to me, I don't know the reason behind it.

    Here's a video on how to do it: www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YMbykcJNdo

    If the method above doesn't work you can follow these instructions: www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Nujm8D8ys

    i think it's my GPU actually... but i don't understand why... i can run overwatch on max and it doesn't cause problems https://i.gyazo.com/19675ad7c59f5bc847bc67d76497128e.mp4



    @Pepsidot said:

    I know my performance became A LOT smoother when I forced DX12 to be used. You could try it. Close DBD. Open steam, right click on DBD Properties. On the General tab at the bottom where it says "LAUNCH OPTIONS" paste: "-dx12" (without the quotation marks).

    I uploaded a video trying to compare both DX11 and DX12 in DBD a while back but kept it unlisted because its meh. But especially at 0:46 you can see I have a much smaller FPS drop on DX12 than I did on DX11. It's also more smooth overall as seen in the video.

    https://youtu.be/_V48bARidgg

    gonna try this out and edit ASAP

    EDIT:

    This did something??? It's way smoother now but i get hiccups from time to time that last a quarter of a second.. hmmmmm



    THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR TRYING

  • Its the games horrible optimization. Even the top of the line PC's can barely run ultra at a consistent FPS.

  • @Pepsidot said:

    I know my performance became A LOT smoother when I forced DX12 to be used. You could try it. Close DBD. Open steam, right click on DBD Properties. On the General tab at the bottom where it says "LAUNCH OPTIONS" paste: "-dx12" (without the quotation marks).

    I uploaded a video trying to compare both DX11 and DX12 in DBD a while back but kept it unlisted because its meh. But especially at 0:46 you can see I have a much smaller FPS drop on DX12 than I did on DX11. It's also more smooth overall as seen in the video.

    https://youtu.be/_V48bARidgg

    How could you teabag poor bot trapper lol 🤣