Is it just me or is failing skillchecks because you let go happening way more often now?

I don’t hear the notification, I don’t see the skillcheck, but whenever I run off of a gen or a survivor runs off of me healing them I fail the skillcheck that literally didn’t even have a warning, am I missing something here cause I know if you cancel a gen or heal when the skillcheck notification goes off you will miss the skillcheck sometimes but why is it happening without the skillcheck warning even happening now?

Comments

  • Not sure about gens, but I'm pretty sure Sloppy will fail an invisible skill heck if you let go now basically.

    It's superannoying when a survivor moves a centimeter repeatedly...

  • I feel like they programmed there to be a missed skill check anytime you stop working on a gen. I've tested it with tapping a gen and it happens.

  • @bm33 said:

    I feel like they programmed there to be a missed skill check anytime you stop working on a gen. I've tested it with tapping a gen and it happens.

    I don’t think so as I have gotten off of a gen a few times this update without it blowing up, its just I somehow get off of the gen without hearing the skillcheck at all sometimes, it blows up, then I get the warning, its even worse for healing as it fails the heal and a skillcheck sound won’t even happen, you just fail a skillcheck that never existed and it feels horrible

  • I feel like I lag and rubberband a lot more since I returned to play regularly, compared to 6 months ago. I'm not sure if it's all on my end or not though, or if that effects this particular problem happening to me more as well.

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    I feel like I lag and rubberband a lot more since I returned to play regularly, compared to 6 months ago. I'm not sure if it's all on my end or not though, or if that effects this particular problem happening to me more as well.

    Rubberband issues is known and is being looked into as its affecting everyone

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    I feel like I lag and rubberband a lot more since I returned to play regularly, compared to 6 months ago. I'm not sure if it's all on my end or not though, or if that effects this particular problem happening to me more as well.

    Not in ur head bud. Rubberbanding has become more frequent for me as well. I just don’t understand why but it is annoying as hell

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    I feel like I lag and rubberband a lot more since I returned to play regularly, compared to 6 months ago. I'm not sure if it's all on my end or not though, or if that effects this particular problem happening to me more as well.

    Not just on your end, rubberbanding has been happening for +/- 2 months now.

  • I hope one day they eventually add in some system where those skillchecks are voided

  • I couldn't say for sure, as I dare not invoke their forbidden name, 'lest I gain their attention again.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3021684#Comment_3021684

    Rubberband issues is known and is being looked into as its affecting everyone

    @DY86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3021684#Comment_3021684

    Not in ur head bud. Rubberbanding has become more frequent for me as well. I just don’t understand why but it is annoying as hell

    @Phantom_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3021684#Comment_3021684

    Not just on your end, rubberbanding has been happening for +/- 2 months now.

    Thanks to you three for the confirmation. I'd hazard a guess that is effecting this thread's topic then.

  • I've definitely been having an issue where cancelling a heal leads to the failed skill check animation, even if there was no skill check on screen. It's not consistent, though.