Crazy...maybe even INSANE suggestion...

Play the PTB/watch PTB gameplay to see how the perk/mechanic changes function in the live environment.

*waits for the orderlies to return*

Comments

  • That's too much to ask of certain people here i'm afraid

  • That is insane you are truly a visionary!

  • I'm pretty sure BHVR expected insta-feedback from community.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    I understand what you mean but some of these changes are so blatantly not good. Like I don't need to test on the PTB to see that the new Off The Record is wayyy overtuned.

    I'll 100% agree that it is looking pretty nutty. The current counterplay is to tunnel the person out of the game before endgame, as any hook rescue will guarantee an escape at that point in most cases.

    @Souplet said:

    That's too much to ask of certain people here i'm afraid

    Yeah - Most people won't even install the PTB.

    @Mewishis said:

    That is insane you are truly a visionary!

    They call me the DaVinci of the forums.

    At least that's what my Alpha-Bits cereal told me!

  • @Chomperka said:

    I'm pretty sure BHVR expected insta-feedback from community.

    It will be interesting to see if OTR hits PTB as is....same with Ruin, tbh.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/330361/crazy-maybe-even-insane-suggestion

    I'm excited for the PTB. I think this update has huge potential to massively improve game health, just gotta look past the extremely negative people doomsaying in the first day and a half.

    I'm happy with any sort of shake up at this point in the game's life cycle.

  • Honestly, with some of those things you dont need to play a single game to see that they are bad.

    75% Noise Reduction with Iron Will? I have played against pre-Nerf Stridor Spirit, I know that it is pointless to use Iron Will now.

    3 second DS-Stun? This was also the case back then, and it was bad, even without Enduring.

    Increasing Gentimes without increasing Hook Times at the same time? We already know that camping one Survivor from the start will most likely get a 2K at least (with NOED), now this got even stronger.

    It is sad that you can see this as player, but the Devs dont see that.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Honestly, with some of those things you dont need to play a single game to see that they are bad.

    75% Noise Reduction with Iron Will? I have played against pre-Nerf Stridor Spirit, I know that it is pointless to use Iron Will now.

    3 second DS-Stun? This was also the case back then, and it was bad, even without Enduring.

    Increasing Gentimes without increasing Hook Times at the same time? We already know that camping one Survivor from the start will most likely get a 2K at least (with NOED), now this got even stronger.

    It is sad that you can see this as player, but the Devs dont see that.

    I'm personally ok with the IW nerf - I was never a fan of removing a way to notice/track a survivor.

    The other things may definitely be dubious, but I'll test them out and draw my own conclusions.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    People have been playing this game for 6 years. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how some of the changes are going to turn out.

    The only thing that's really hard to gauge are the basekit changes.

    Sometimes things play out way differently than people assume/perceive....ie Self-Care's previous usage/power in correlation to escapes compared to community perception.

    Your icon is poignant for the PTB, though :P

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020278#Comment_3020278

    I mean think about self-care: People who spend the whole match self-caring are more likely to escape than their teammates who are actually doing gens because they'll see the killer less, and they'll be healthy when they do. Especially in endgame scenarios where the killer is only looking out for the hatch/exit gates, not at random Z walls at the edge of the map.

    Other than that self-care is only good in combination with medkits (which was nerfed) and edging out unfinished heals. At 35% with no medkit efficiency there is 0 reason to bring it for anything other than being an intentionally bad teammate.

    I use Self-Care/Botany in the live game, now.

    I average two gens per game and win a fair deal of my chases (~1 in 3) due to my other perks.

    Seems you are falling into the misconception trap I mentioned earlier or we could just be in different mmr/servers.