List of perks you think will die if this update goes through as is

And why. Go!

Editing in my list now that I have more time:

Hex: Ruin. Already a hex that gives itself away with one tap of a generator at the start of a trial. Nerfed in half, and now deactivates once a survivor dies if it wasn't already cleansed.

Corrupt Intervention: It already deactivated on its own, but now deactivates for completing your objective as a killer. Already is inconsistent with generators it blocks.

Dead Hard: Without the additional distance on demand, its utility is high risk for a low reward. Any other exhaustion perk will get you more distance reliably, without risking a hit while injured.

Decisive Strike: Now deactivates in the end game with a briefer stun, and no buffs to compensate such a harsh nerf.

Borrowed Time: Outclassed by new Off The Record.

Iron Will: Not reliable at 75%, as well as no effect while exhausted.

Spine Chill: There are a ton of LoS blockers on most maps, especially indoors. The perk has no use that eyes don't already do for you.

Calm Spirit: Listed as a buff, is nerfed stronger than it was buffed. No one is going to intentionally lower their own action speeds in this game, at least not for those effects.

Comments

  • @Wondertainment said:

    I'll have to play first to figure out if it will majorly restructure what I do. My favorite Survivor build is: Iron Will, Calm Spirit, Spine Chill, & some other Perk depending on what is needed for the team. :) So all the ones I frequent took a hit. I'm not certain they took enough of a hit that I won't use them.

    Took enough of a hit? I have to be blunt, your build has just gotten ######### annihilated.

    I'm not sure what you can be running as a replacement. If you want stealth, probably not much. You might be better served using a gateway build with lithe, dance with me, quick & quiet.

  • @AnnoyingNarrator said:

    Resilience is also dead as well, as the only reason to run it was to combine it with Spine Chill for Vault Speed

    Speak for yourself I used it with prove thyself,iron will and deja vu(sometimes spine chill) to become the gen rush machine

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Iron Will is dead. It is all or nothing, 75% is not worth the Perk Slot.

    Just play Ace, he gets basically 75% iron will by default...

    I really don't like this as a Jeff main. Exhaustion part would be enough as a nerf imo.

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3016956#Comment_3016956

    Speak for yourself I used it with prove thyself,iron will and deja vu(sometimes spine chill) to become the gen rush machine

    I feel like you are better off with a tool box and streetwise/built to last but honestly, that build just sounds so cool.

    Unless the killer is Oni.

  • i would genuinely be amazed if anyone besides new players ran calm spirit if this goes to live. i never thought we'd see a perk more useless than no mither.

    well that's a little harsh actually, but still good god what an awful change lol

  • @AnneBonny said:

    i would genuinely be amazed if anyone besides new players ran calm spirit if this goes to live. i never thought we'd see a perk more useless than no mither.

    well that's a little harsh actually, but still good god what an awful change lol

    I like to run it sometimes but I'm not gonna if all I'm doing is screwing myself over with slow totems

  • @AnneBonny said:

    i would genuinely be amazed if anyone besides new players ran calm spirit if this goes to live. i never thought we'd see a perk more useless than no mither.

    well that's a little harsh actually, but still good god what an awful change lol

    I wouldn't say Calm Spirit is useless. It's still good into Doctor or perks like Infectious Fright. You could always just not cleanse totems or open chests.

    It just didn't improve the perk in a useful way and falls flat at giving survivors more reason to take it while also penalizing you like Technician for using the secondary effect.

  • @AnnoyingNarrator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017025#Comment_3017025

    I feel like you are better off with a tool box and streetwise/built to last but honestly, that build just sounds so cool.

    Unless the killer is Oni.

    Oh oni completely denies a big portion of my build and honestly I will need to rework my genrush build now with these changes lol

  • Almost anything they touched on the Survivors except Lightweight and Off The Record.

    Killers:

    Tinkerer: only 1 use per gen is not that great, you may even not get anything out of it because you can be far away or already chasing someone else.

    Ruin: its still not bad but its not that strong anyway and collides with Overcharge and Call of Brine.

    PGTW: useless for gens under ~60%, someone did the math on another thread, only worth using it on gens almost done, while it can be used with Overcharge and/or Call of Brine its better to just use one of those and pick something else.

    Coulrophobia it wasnt even alive but the change does nothing: nobody in their sane mind heals on the Killer TR and if they do is because the heal is almost finished so you wont get anything out of it, much better to bring Sloppy Butcher with current Hemorrhage.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    Iron will

    Calm spirit

    Spine chill

    Self care

    Ruin

    All these perks are receiving nerfs that make them useless or inferior

    Also maybe decisive? Although the stun nerf shouldn't go through imo

    And they listed calm spirit as a buff lol.

  • Ruin. There is literally no reason to use it.

1 2 ›