Pop nerf is too much

The perk is meant to reward killers and yet with the change it feels like it's gonna do none of that. It would be fine if it was JUST a 5% nerf but it's not, it's now 20% of what the survivors have progressed and not just a flat 20% no matter the progress on it. Shaking up the meta is cool, but overly nerfing perks when all you had to do was really just buff the weaker perks solves nothing. Cause then what happens is, instead of us having the potential of more loadouts we could use, we're still gonna be stuck with the same loadouts most of the time because you went and hard nerfed so many perks.


Also the 2.5% base regression from kicking a generator isn't enough to hard double nerf pop like this.

Comments

  • Bear in mind, generators in general have been given longer times, and you have the alternative of running Jolt for no cooldown on regression

  • It’s still a viable perk, general gen regress from a kick has increased, gens take longer now, jolt got buffed, Pain Resonance still kept its numbers, and Overcharge got a huge buff. The meta is going to change as planned, you’ll just be using different combinations of perks now. Don’t worry. Just give it time.

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    Bear in mind, generators in general have been given longer times, and you have the alternative of running Jolt for no cooldown on regression

    Yes but jolt only activates with M1 so useless for killers who use a powered attack often. It's also only 8% (unless they make that the upgradeable part to the perk since the cooldown is what got lessened before when you upgraded the perk)

  • For me is a fair nerf considering the other perks buffs and killer buffs in general (main killer here), it still work well when is needed (a very advanced generator), so.

  • I think the pop nerf is pretty fair. The perk that got overnerfed is ruin.

  • This is chase meta they are going for. So understand the change tbh

  • @ButterFlee13 said:

    This is chase meta they are going for. So understand the change tbh

    Yeah chase meta when they haven't even looked at how every map is severely sided for survivors and designed like complete garbage. Can't wait for a chase meta.

  • They just buffed killers across the board and we have brine, pain res, and now buffed overcharge and thana. I think we'll live.

  • @Xendritch said:

    They just buffed killers across the board and we have brine, pain res, and now buffed overcharge and thana. I think we'll live.

    tbf. Pain res is still locked to RNG scourge hooks being good and placed well throughout the map plus it got nerfed so you don't even know which gen blew up, brine and overcharge suffer from the same thing. You can kick them, but chances are as soon as you go away someone will be back on the gen. I doubt anyone will ever see the full 400% of overcharge go to work because sitting near a gen for 30 seconds is just a giant waste of time.

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    Bear in mind, generators in general have been given longer times, and you have the alternative of running Jolt for no cooldown on regression

    Sorry but Surge isn't even close to be as good as current Pop even without cooldown. M1 only + 32m radius is way too limiting.

  • @HexPleaseLetMeSpeak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015869#Comment_3015869

    tbf. Pain res is still locked to RNG scourge hooks being good and placed well throughout the map plus it got nerfed so you don't even know which gen blew up, brine and overcharge suffer from the same thing. You can kick them, but chances are as soon as you go away someone will be back on the gen. I doubt anyone will ever see the full 400% of overcharge go to work because sitting near a gen for 30 seconds is just a giant waste of time.

    Dragon's Grip also lasts on a gen 30 seconds, I know the first thing I'm trying.

  • @Xendritch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015905#Comment_3015905

    Dragon's Grip also lasts on a gen 30 seconds, I know the first thing I'm trying.

    Honestly after trying dragon's grip for like 15 games I could not understand that perk for the life of me. I swear I see people touch the gen between 30 seconds, and nothing happens. They don't scream and they don't become exposed.

  • It needs to be a lot weaker, or it will still be meta perk used by many which they and we players are tired of. And given the changes to gen speeds nerfs to these perks is very much ok.

    I think after more than 1 year I will start playing killer again with this update.