Pharmacy is ruined
Now you have to wait until you're injured to get your med-kit... why? This perks big issue was that other survivors had control over whether you got to use it or not. Now you aren't even allowed to grab your med-kit until you lose a health state... That didn't fix anything.
Oh! Well I guess there is a slight change- Now I have to run right up to the killer, take damage, and then pray that they don't follow me back to the one chest that I found.
Maybe I should be a team player and run for the people alongside this perk. That sounds like a good idea. I just hope someone doesn't open the only chest I was able to find before I get a chance to use my perk that was brought for the sole purpose of getting pharmacy value...
There is now even less reason to run this perk over circle of healing. I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who actually likes this gimmicky perk and now it's even more difficult to get value in solo queue. Not only that but it's also stepping on Plunderer's toes. If you've already gotten pharmacy value you can no longer role the dice on getting a better med-kit if injured.
Comments
I am not sure why they made the perk more complicated. It just needed a buff to a Ranger Med-Kit and be able to Rummage, That’s it
Sounds like someone had a "great idea" that didn't pan out and Instead of rethinking it they decided to force it.
I'm overall excited for this change because it allows me to get more medkits in a game when I really need it, but I definitely am hesitant for other survivors opening chests.
I was initially really happy about the change, but now you make me feel a little scared knowing there's another person who runs this perk. Hopefully we never meet in game because we'll have to fight over the chests.
In all seriousness though, I'm hoping this perk doesn't get screwed over because of this change. I really enjoyed using this perk to get a free heal when I'm injured and needing to go for an unhook. I'm just hoping that no survivors start opening the chests for fun, because I am one of those survivors who chest goblins so.... yeah.
My problem with it is imagine at the time you get injured it's not in early game and all chests have been opened already.... useless
Someone else running the perk didn't even cross my mind lmao.
I'd like to say that I'm overreacting but I've had my chests opened several time before with the old pharmacy so I'm very pessimistic about this.
I actually like the change, you can now get more than one self heal with it. I guess it would be cool to give it the rummage option to find the med kit to make it not so dependent on other survs but otherwise the idea is nice..
Just wait until we get the tomes that have open chest challenges. Time to not run Pharmacy for a week because you'll only be met with disappointment and sadness.
I think of the same, Rummage for a single item like Haddie flashlight one. But Im afraid Ranger is abit too much that its easy to farm the strongest item. I rather to have them Brown Medkit with a 16 charge addon. Giving 2 heal but not speed buff.
I'm baffled they didn't turn it into a rummage perk like Residual Manifest. Making you wait until you're injured just increases the odds that someone else has already opened up the chests.
It's worse than it was before.
Imagine having a 80% chest opening speed for a single heal medkit BUT you´ve gotta be injured +598/´ß097hope no other survivor had opened a chest.
You see that´s why solo Queue lobbies need to show which perk your bodybags are running (ofc the "reveal perk loadout is optional")
It's a nice idea on paper but it won't pan out in a real game. There are two big issues this perk is facing right now-
-lack of control
-objectively worse than coh
And now we'll be able to add "situational" to this list.
The last time they did that I wasn't able to run pharmacy for a month 😪
Yeah it is a strong way to farm up Med-kits but it does need a buff and you aren’t guaranteed to escape. I don’t think it will hurt to buff it.
guys, the text I read said it was a rummage.
It should work as “Residual Manifest” works. U can rummage an opened chest and find a MedKit.
Otherwise, “Appraisal” could potentially do better since u can rummage through all chests in the map, giving u a better chance to find a medkit than being left dependent on other survivors not opening any chests whatsoever
To my knowledge, the Ranger medkit doesn't have a speed buff to self-heals, just to healing other survivors with it.
I actually like the change but I think that since you won't be able to start a match and readily grab a medkit, you might risk that all chests have been opened by the time you need it. If it allowed to rummage an opened chest like Haddie's Residual Manifest it would be a great healing perk imo.
"Pharmacy used to guarantee an Emergency Med-Kit the first time you searched a chest, which you’d either hope nobody takes before you need it or hide in a far-off corner like a Med-Kit goblin.
Now, Pharmacy will activate whenever you’re injured, guaranteeing an Emergency Med-Kit when you search a chest. This effect can happen multiple times in one trial. Good luck stealing my Med-Kit now, Meg. "
You'll be able to search a chest.
IDK if it doesn't say "rummage" then I'm not buying it.
But it never has been not situational to begin with.
They did say one of the problems with the perk is that you HAD to hope that no one opens the chest before you.
So open a chest to get an item =/= seatch a chest for an item.
It would make no sense they talk about the problem of people opening the chests before you could use the perk and not fix it.
They way they stated it especially with how it used to work really makes it seem like there is no rummage possible with only this perk.
i guess it’s possible to combine it with Appraisal..
If it was situational before then it certainly is much more now.
I'll believe it when I see it. If you can rummage chests then they need to rewrite that part of the article.
I used Pharmacy on a couple of my survivors and thought it was decent, usually ran it with Ace in the Hole. It's a shame you have to be injured before you can use it now, but I mean you will usually get injured in a game so it's not a huge deal.
Just bring another item, and by the time you've used that you'll probably be able to use Pharmacy.
Also you wont be able to Rummage with the new Pharmacy because then why would you ever run Appraisal?
it just makes no sense, by the time you're injured and can outrun the killer, all the chests will already be open. If you read the text, they say one of the problems with the perk what that you would (as in the past) have to hope nobody takes before you.
Keep in mind it’s still PTB and they are looking at feedback and some adjustments are possible for live release.
I read that as you having to hide the medkit in a corner and the Meg stealing it, which... you'd just carry the medkit with you, so that's not a thing.
They are talking about someone searching a chest with pharmacy and leaving the item open in the chest which then can be taken by Meg. That’s why they are also talking about hiding the item in a corner
Of course. I look forward to getting value out of the perk- it's just that I don't have much confidence in it.
I'm thinking maybe I'll try it with for the people and some other perks. I'll definitely be giving some feedback on this.
Oof. I was under the impression that we would still get the first one. Smh. Do we still get the search speed boost?
Wonder if this will work with Appraisal? 🤔