The new prestige system
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the new system, that BHVR has been hinting, mean that to teach perks to other characters, you have to prestige him/her? That you can't teach perks anymore via Bloodweb?
If so, doesn't that mean even harder grinding? Or are they adjusting the BP's accordingly?
I really hope that I misunderstood.
Comments
Teachables will still exist, it's just that prestiging bypasses the need to unlock perks via the bloodweb.
At least, that's my understanding- iirc one of the devs said that they want teachables to eventually "go the way of the dinosaur", which means they'll be sticking around for now. You'll still have to use the bloodweb for non-teachable perks too, so I imagine you'll still be able to teach perks the old fashioned way for a fair while.
Yes, you need to reach level 50 to unlock the teachables instead of 30, 35 & 40.
BUT, Prestiging now unlocks those three perks on **every other character** instead of throwing them into the perk pool for you to collect.
It's going to reduce the grind massively.
As far as I can tell, the unlockable teachables are still on the Bloodweb. The change is that, when you get a character to Prestige 1, their perks are automatically unlocked on all characters at tier 1. When you get a character to Prestige 3, their teachables are automatically unlocked on all characters at tier 3, meaning those perks will never again show up in anyone's Bloodweb.
Edit: I could be wrong about unlocking teachables through the Bloodweb sticking around after the update. But it would still be less of a grind than it is now, as once you hit level 50 and prestige the character, all other characters will automatically get tier 1 of the teachables. That's already a lot less BP spent if you're putting the teachable(s) on more than one other character.
Ok, thanks. But do I keep the perks that I have already learned for some survivors and killers, or do they become null and void and I have to start from the beginning? Because if so, then I'm gonna drop this game entirely, because the only character that I have prestiged, is Claudette
In theory you keep what you have unlocked already.
"iirc one of the devs said that they want teachables to eventually "go the way of the dinosaur""
Makes sense. They can't keep adding 3 new perks with every new character.