It's fine. Just do do another gen when yours gets blocked. If it's pain res just let go for a third of a second when you see your teammate getting hooked.
45 seconds and no cooldown is OP considering perks like Thrilling Tremors and Oppression have a cooldown but this doesn't? Just knock 15 seconds off it or something jeez.
Or perks like Thrilling Tremors and Oppression shouldn't have cooldown? or at least smaller. There is a reason why noone is using them. Don't make it a standard.
DMS is good because it's an alternative and it doesn't synergize with other meta perks like pop or ruin.
Or perks like Thrilling Tremors and Oppression shouldn't have cooldown? or at least smaller. There is a reason why noone is using them. Don't make it a standard.
DMS is good because it's an alternative and it doesn't synergize with other meta perks like pop or ruin.
I just played a camping clown who used DMS and Ruin. It does synergize. Wym?
This is definitely worrying. I also find it a bit worrying that Sloppy Butcher and all exhaustion perks except for DH are apperantly not getting touched on. I feel like with DH nerfed, Sprint Burst will just become the new meta perk, with occasional Lithe and Balanced Landing thrown into the mix, which could also become quite annoying. And with other slowdown perks nerfed, many killers will just move on to Sloppy Butcher and Dead Man's Switch.
Honestly, they should change Dead Man's Switch to not immediately have it's timer run down when it activates, but only once the first gen is blocked. And then the duration should be decreased to something like 20 or 25 seconds. This way the perk would be more consistent among all killers, and killers with less map pressure could also benefit from this perk more.
DMS is fine, the combination of it with PR is a bit busted on some killers, since it guarantees at least a proc.
The only change I would make to DMS though would be to remove that it blocks the Gen if one of 2/3 Survivors either miss a skillcheck or leaves the Gen to e.g. go and rescue.
This is definitely worrying. I also find it a bit worrying that Sloppy Butcher and all exhaustion perks except for DH are apperantly not getting touched on. I feel like with DH nerfed, Sprint Burst will just become the new meta perk, with occasional Lithe and Balanced Landing thrown into the mix, which could also become quite annoying. And with other slowdown perks nerfed, many killers will just move on to Sloppy Butcher and Dead Man's Switch.
Honestly, they should change Dead Man's Switch to not immediately have it's timer run down when it activates, but only once the first gen is blocked. And then the duration should be decreased to something like 20 or 25 seconds. This way the perk would be more consistent among all killers, and killers with less map pressure could also benefit from this perk more.
Re: "And with other slowdown perks nerfed, many killers will just move on to Sloppy Butcher and Dead Man's Switch."
Is that not a good thing? Sloppy Butcher is not commonly run, nor is it obnoxiously strong or irritatingly designed, so is it a bad thing to go to a meta where it's actually run more often?
As for DMS, I agree with others; they likely think it's fine on its own, and only a problem paired with Pain Resonance. I'd agree with that assessment, too- and it's not as though they can't change it later if it ends up being a problem.
Re: "And with other slowdown perks nerfed, many killers will just move on to Sloppy Butcher and Dead Man's Switch."
Is that not a good thing? Sloppy Butcher is not commonly run, nor is it obnoxiously strong or irritatingly designed, so is it a bad thing to go to a meta where it's actually run more often?
As for DMS, I agree with others; they likely think it's fine on its own, and only a problem paired with Pain Resonance. I'd agree with that assessment, too- and it's not as though they can't change it later if it ends up being a problem.
Dead Man's Switch is problematic with Artist in my opinion, with most other killers, I guess it's fine? I just fear it will be too much if we also get some form of baseline slowdown added to the game. Still having two slowdown perks that are pretty effective, plus some baseline slowdown could easily become overpowering.
And the same could very likely also apply to Sloppy Butcher, though not 100% sure about that one.
However, I am pretty sure Sloppy Butcher is in the top 10 most used killer perks. I am definitely going to be happy if the meta just gets changed up a bit, no doubt. But in the future I really hope that we see more perk variety for the meta, and with Sloppy Butcher and DMS not getting nerfed, I fear we'll just have a meta shift to those two perks. And I already see those perks not too rarely.
What? Never notice that myself. Does it always happen or only sometimes?
Not sure, but I’ve definitely encountered it as survivor. I’ve avoided using ruin with any gen blocking perks as killer bc I don’t want to take advantage of it.
Dead Man's Switch is problematic with Artist in my opinion, with most other killers, I guess it's fine? I just fear it will be too much if we also get some form of baseline slowdown added to the game. Still having two slowdown perks that are pretty effective, plus some baseline slowdown could easily become overpowering.
And the same could very likely also apply to Sloppy Butcher, though not 100% sure about that one.
However, I am pretty sure Sloppy Butcher is in the top 10 most used killer perks. I am definitely going to be happy if the meta just gets changed up a bit, no doubt. But in the future I really hope that we see more perk variety for the meta, and with Sloppy Butcher and DMS not getting nerfed, I fear we'll just have a meta shift to those two perks. And I already see those perks not too rarely.
I agree I think it’s dumb on artist but mostly fine on everyone else. I think sloppy is ok as it is though.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I'll assume that, because pain resonance is getting changes, they thought DMS does not need them. Which I could somewhat, maybe agree with?
(also Thrilling Tremors is more of a tracking perk than a gen blocking perk imo)
It's fine. Just do do another gen when yours gets blocked. If it's pain res just let go for a third of a second when you see your teammate getting hooked.
Because this perk on it's own isn't even that good. It needs help with pushing people off the gen
Well it sorta depends on what happens to PR. DMS is stupid on artist though unless they plan to increase hook timers, but it’s fine on most killers.
If you let go of the gen before survivor gets hooked, pain res doesn't force you to untouch gen, and then you can keep working on it..
Or perks like Thrilling Tremors and Oppression shouldn't have cooldown? or at least smaller. There is a reason why noone is using them. Don't make it a standard.
DMS is good because it's an alternative and it doesn't synergize with other meta perks like pop or ruin.
I just played a camping clown who used DMS and Ruin. It does synergize. Wym?
It's bugged currently. Blocked gens aren't supposed to regress but they do
Lmao really? Since when is that bug in the game, do you know that?
This is definitely worrying. I also find it a bit worrying that Sloppy Butcher and all exhaustion perks except for DH are apperantly not getting touched on. I feel like with DH nerfed, Sprint Burst will just become the new meta perk, with occasional Lithe and Balanced Landing thrown into the mix, which could also become quite annoying. And with other slowdown perks nerfed, many killers will just move on to Sloppy Butcher and Dead Man's Switch.
Honestly, they should change Dead Man's Switch to not immediately have it's timer run down when it activates, but only once the first gen is blocked. And then the duration should be decreased to something like 20 or 25 seconds. This way the perk would be more consistent among all killers, and killers with less map pressure could also benefit from this perk more.
Since the legion update I think or sometime close to that
DMS is fine, the combination of it with PR is a bit busted on some killers, since it guarantees at least a proc.
The only change I would make to DMS though would be to remove that it blocks the Gen if one of 2/3 Survivors either miss a skillcheck or leaves the Gen to e.g. go and rescue.
At the very least, it should not block gens AFTER the person has been unhooked.
Because the Perk is massively overrated?
Re: "And with other slowdown perks nerfed, many killers will just move on to Sloppy Butcher and Dead Man's Switch."
Is that not a good thing? Sloppy Butcher is not commonly run, nor is it obnoxiously strong or irritatingly designed, so is it a bad thing to go to a meta where it's actually run more often?
As for DMS, I agree with others; they likely think it's fine on its own, and only a problem paired with Pain Resonance. I'd agree with that assessment, too- and it's not as though they can't change it later if it ends up being a problem.
Well it's definitely problematic on The Artist. I can just proxy camp a hooked survivor shooting birds at gens and blocking them.
What? Never notice that myself. Does it always happen or only sometimes?
Dead Man's Switch is problematic with Artist in my opinion, with most other killers, I guess it's fine? I just fear it will be too much if we also get some form of baseline slowdown added to the game. Still having two slowdown perks that are pretty effective, plus some baseline slowdown could easily become overpowering.
And the same could very likely also apply to Sloppy Butcher, though not 100% sure about that one.
However, I am pretty sure Sloppy Butcher is in the top 10 most used killer perks. I am definitely going to be happy if the meta just gets changed up a bit, no doubt. But in the future I really hope that we see more perk variety for the meta, and with Sloppy Butcher and DMS not getting nerfed, I fear we'll just have a meta shift to those two perks. And I already see those perks not too rarely.
Not sure, but I’ve definitely encountered it as survivor. I’ve avoided using ruin with any gen blocking perks as killer bc I don’t want to take advantage of it.
I agree I think it’s dumb on artist but mostly fine on everyone else. I think sloppy is ok as it is though.